Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Earning for LX S Class ticket upgraded to Comfort Special P class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Anyone with experience of this? I have a LON-ZRH-DME and return booked into S and upgraded using two pretty reasonable value Comfort Special options into P class. Which one counts for mileage earning?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
You will earn P class milage.

LX rebooks these "Comfort upgrades" into P class an reissues the ticket.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:32 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
This is my understanding as well. I have booked a number of these comfort upgrades directly during the booking process and the tickets are issued in P (or Z if P is not available - more miles!). These upgrades can be a great deal to get some extra miles especially on dirt cheap Eco fares like K, which otherwise would not earn anything.

Unfortunately LX business is not what it once was, but, you will have the empty middle seat, the extra miles and a bit better meal. For ~35 euro a segment that can still be great value. In case you are not *G yet it kinda is a no brainer as you also get lounge access.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks, good news. Despite the recently devalued British Peso €160 for the round trip is decent value for 10 hours flying with a free middle seat and some vaguely edible food.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Thanks, good news. Despite the recently devalued British Peso €160 for the round trip is decent value for 10 hours flying with a free middle seat and some vaguely edible food.
Sounds like the Brits are slowly feeling how the Greeks have felt for many years

But yes, from my own experience, they will definitely credit to P. The Swiss upgrade deals can one some routes often be a pretty sweet deal, especially for those without *G! I once upgraded one for only 25 euro - worth it already for a few glasses of the bubbly stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.