Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Hand luggage / in cabin carry on - how strict?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hand luggage / in cabin carry on - how strict?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2023, 4:33 am

Programs: A3 gold, BA silver, IHG platinum, Hilton Gold
One more datapoint that's valid only if you're *A gold:
If you're in SKG you board directly from the lounge for A3 flights. I've never ever ever ever seen a gate agent check customer's bag sizes there(=in the lounge) in all my flights in the last 10+ years . Some flyers even board with carry-on+ laptop + 2 duty free bags + a terkenlis "tsoureki" and noone seems to care

In ATH, I'm usually in the lounge until its about boarding time. Then, when I go to the gate I sit as far away as possible. When priority boarding starts I just get up and walk the 20m to the gate along with other priority boarding customers. I dont think gate agents check the luggage size that much, if at all, at this point

In other words : I've seen gate agents weighing/measuring priority passengers who show up last minute at the gate.
Old May 23, 2023, 6:03 am

Yeah unfortunately in SKG, I got to the airport to be put on the next flight which happened to be boarding imminently so didn't have a chance to go to the lounge.
The agent first asked me to put my luggage in the carry-on sizer until she looked at my ticket and saw I had a business class seat and just let me through.
Think everyone else behind me got their bag checked though during boarding - so for my data points/stats I counted that as one where they checked the carry-on luggage.
Old May 23, 2023, 8:50 am

At London Heathrow they are very strict and check consistently.
Harper50505 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.