Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: headingwest
Please report all A3 mileage runs in this thread. These should be unusually good fares, not regularly available ones. If listing another airline other than A3/OA, please detail.

Categories are broken down by country of initial departure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Format as:

Date added - Departing airport - Intermediate Airport(s) - (Re)-arrival airport - Fare bucket - dates - miles earned - cost - cost per mile in local currency (or Euros) - (Airline)

e.g.

July 2015 - LHR-ATH-BRU-ATH-LHR - P - 12-19 Oct 2015 - 4226m - £108 - 2.56p/mile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 2016 - ARN-CPH-IAD-CPH-ARN - A (Premium Y) - 18969m - 27-31 Oct 2016 - 690 Euros - 3.7cpm - SK (Other starting points, e.g OSL, SVG very similar)

Print Wikipost

Aegean Mileage Runs & Deals

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:15 am

ideas

i look after a good mileage run with A3 from PRG or TXL before 11/23

found the r/t from TXL to IST for less then 200 Euro but the stop over in ATH on the way back bothers...

anyone maybe has another idea. possibly i have to look after around an 3k earning

btw.
                                what is the best page to look after A3 only flights?
                                aegeanair.com does not allow to look after all flights... e.g.TXL-IST or LHR.
                                also expedia does not find all flight times on these routes...

Last edited by marc_m; Nov 1, 2015 at 11:56 am
                                Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:06 am

Programs: A3 *G
                                Originally Posted by marc_m
                                i look after a good mileage run with A3 from PRG or TXL before 11/23
                                Do you need the Aegean segments or just the 3000 miles? Because if it's just the miles you would be better taking some flights with SAS.

To get 3000 miles and 4 segments you need to further afield than Greek domestic or IST. I found TXL-ATH-LCA for 193 Euro on 20th/22nd Nov in S/L classes, or 224 Euro on some other dates so you would earn around 3400 miles.

Oddly enough, flights on many of the routes I looked at (the ones that are regular contenders for mileage runs) seem to be more expensive on 22nd/23rd November. I wonder how much of this is due to people trying for last minute requalification?

Last edited by Knobbgb; Nov 2, 2015 at 12:11 am
                                Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:41 am

i booked a roundtrip PRG-ATH-LHR-ATH-PRG for 270 euros. should be a good deal with the miles i get altough i only need 2 more A3 legs for gold...
                                Old Nov 2, 2015, 3:27 am

i booked a roundtrip PRG-ATH-LHR-ATH-PRG for 270 euros. should be a good deal with the miles i get altough i only need 2 more A3 legs for gold...
                                Lets hope they promptly upgrade you to Gold after the outbound legs then. I fell into that trap - the Gold upgrade occurred 3 or 4 days after I earned the points on an outbound trip and I took my return trip before the official upgrade, so the tier miles for the return were 'lost' and didn't count to the next year's re-qualification. Unlike regular retroclaiming, they won't push back the date of your Gold upgrade to the date you actually took the qualifying flights so there is no way around this.
                                Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:43 pm

Location: Wedged somewhere between BTS and VIE ✈
                                Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
                                Just booked TXL-ATH-LCA//LCA-ATH-TXL in February for a fantastic 104.71 EUR. Not sure how many miles that is (booked into 'P' bucket), but worth a mention here anyway. Found via momondo.com and booked with eDreams...eek! I know!

EDIT: added to wiki, 2546 miles for this booking

Last edited by headingwest; Nov 3, 2015 at 1:46 pm
                                Old Nov 4, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
                                So I booked a flight for late next year back home to the UK....could have gone directly but thought I'd look around...and guess what? another cheapie from A3!

VIE-HER-LGW for €46.80, that's a killing

A total of 1997 miles at €0.0234 per mile. At that rate it would be Silver status for just over €280! Maybe I should open a Miles+Bonus account.
                                Old Nov 7, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
                                Where did you book this, on A3's page directly or another website??? If on A3's, how?

If anyone can help, I need 5k miles (can be non A3) before the deadline, any tips? I'm based around ZRH. Thanks!
                                Old Nov 7, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: A3*G
                                WAW-ATH-TLV-ATH-WAW, April 2016. Circa 105,00 EUR. Booked ;-) Great flights plus four lounge visits !

The same fare for WAW-ATH-LCA-ATH-WAW, May 2016, for me and MrsSzczurwa, we love Aegean !

Both booked on tripsta.pl

Also WAW-ATH-LHR//CDG-ATH-WAW, January 2016, WAW-ATH-LHR-ATH-WAW, Mar 2016 and WAW-ATH-CDG-ATH-WAW, Jun 2016, all these flights booked on tripsta.pl, ~ 125,00 EUR each. Looks like requalification exclusively on A3 metal is possible :-)

Last edited by szczurwa; Nov 7, 2015 at 10:53 am
                                Old Nov 7, 2015, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Skyborne Flyer
                                Where did you book this, on A3's page directly or another website??? If on A3's, how?

If anyone can help, I need 5k miles (can be non A3) before the deadline, any tips? I'm based around ZRH. Thanks!
                                A lot of these bookings don't price up on Aegean's website. I usually find all my flights using a flight search website such as momondo.com. It will give you options of which online travel agent to book with. That is, of course, if you don't mind booking with such an agent.
                                Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:50 am
                                Suspended
                                Original Poster

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
                                Thessaloniki to New York

Saw this excellent deal on fly4free.com

Thessaloniki to New York in Feb from 318 Euro -

http://www.momondo.com/flightsearch/...false&NA=false

I think the best option there is Flight with Aegean + United SKG-DUS-EWR-DUS-SKG for 333 euro with normal stopover times. Bookable with Tripsta.
                                Mileage earning: books into Aegean O class, so 100% , and into United K class, so 50%, so according to my calculations, it will earn 5904 miles altogether, costing 333 euro which is 5.64 Euro cents per mile. And a trip to New York.

Last edited by benberg2013; Nov 9, 2015 at 11:08 am Reason: added mileage earnings
                                Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:53 am

I just found some very reasonable fare to SE Asia in spring. My renewal date is 25th March (already renewed for next year) so I was looking to go somewhere after that date where I could thaw out a little!

Air China have CDG, FRA or MUC to BKK, SGN, KUL or SIN (and maybe others) for around 500 Euro in March/April on certain dates. Many of the flights are in L class (100% earning) but be careful as some (slightly more expensive ones) aren't.

The best deal I found mileage wise was MUC-BKK then SGN-FRA (example dates 29th March to 16th April) all in L class for 496 Euro earning 13823 miles which is about 3.6cpm.

Instant renewal in one trip for under 500 Euro!
                                Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:17 pm
                                :D!
                                Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
                                Originally Posted by Knobbgb
                                Instant renewal in one trip
                                What about the A3 segments?
                                Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by :D!
                                What about the A3 segments?
                                Well, yeah, of course.... I didn't think of that as I tend to take 15+ segments each year anyway and I'd have to connect from here to ATH to Germany and back which would be my four and cost an extra 200 Euro. Combined, It's still as cheap as any other flight I could find out of ATH to BKK. I guess it's a 'given' for the others that they'll need those four too. You're right.
                                Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:20 am

Some pretty cheap SK EU fares out there too even for Peak Summer. 100% earning and the opportunity to OT them . ^
                                Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:52 am
                                FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
                                Originally Posted by avermat
                                OSL/HEL-ATH-LHR is also possible without night at Athens. $55/71.
                                LHR-ATH-ARN possible with red eye. Not cheap, but saves hotel costs. $110

These are total 3,6/3,9cpm for tier miles. From Helsinki you can do this in 24 hours. Oslo requires one night in London.
                                Were these priced on the Aegean site?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.