Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: headingwest
Please report all A3 mileage runs in this thread. These should be unusually good fares, not regularly available ones. If listing another airline other than A3/OA, please detail.

Categories are broken down by country of initial departure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Format as:

Date added - Departing airport - Intermediate Airport(s) - (Re)-arrival airport - Fare bucket - dates - miles earned - cost - cost per mile in local currency (or Euros) - (Airline)

e.g.

July 2015 - LHR-ATH-BRU-ATH-LHR - P - 12-19 Oct 2015 - 4226m - £108 - 2.56p/mile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 2016 - ARN-CPH-IAD-CPH-ARN - A (Premium Y) - 18969m - 27-31 Oct 2016 - 690 Euros - 3.7cpm - SK (Other starting points, e.g OSL, SVG very similar)

Print Wikipost

Aegean Mileage Runs & Deals

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
                                From a German blog:
                                18/5 STR-SKG-TLV
                                22/5 TLV-SKG-MUC

68 euro r/t with amex cc on fluege.de, flugladen.de

Cannot easily find back booking class/mileage as I'm quickly typing this on my mobile. Great fare anyway to a great destination. Gives a full morning and afternoon in SKG on the way back for a quick peak around!
                                Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: A3 Gold
                                Does anybody know if you earn any miles by buying a ticket, checking in but not board a flight? That would make mileage runs somewhat easier

Cheers
                                Robert
                                Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
                                Simple answer is NO. You have to fly.
                                Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
                                From a German blog:
                                18/5 STR-SKG-TLV
                                22/5 TLV-SKG-MUC

68 euro r/t with amex cc on fluege.de, flugladen.de

Cannot easily find back booking class/mileage as I'm quickly typing this on my mobile. Great fare anyway to a great destination. Gives a full morning and afternoon in SKG on the way back for a quick peak around!
                                Certainly some great combinations going around. Although I never need to do a MR for A3 / OA segments Im tempted by some of those routes just for fun.
                                Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Robert R
                                Does anybody know if you earn any miles by buying a ticket, checking in but not board a flight? That would make mileage runs somewhat easier
                                Yes we know. No you can't earn miles that way. Fly you must, says Yoda.

There is a possible exception with certain trains that are operated under flight numbers, (LH in Germany). YMMV
                                Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Robert R

Cheers
                                Robert
                                Yes you can - as already mentioned this will only work with the german railway connection. For example book QKL-FRA for ~60€ and this will give you 950miles - same connection booked in Business Class will cost ~ 90€ and will earn 1500miles on A3.

Checking in and not boarding on a real flight will cause a cancellation and you would earn no miles
                                Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
                                I know its' a stupid question, but am I stupid that I paid 100 pounds more to get 2243 status miles instead of flying BA on a return leg and crediting to my exec club (which I have no chance of getting status)?

LON-ATH on A3 outbound and BA inbound was 190 (bag purchased for the return leg)
                                and I booked A3 RT with the return leg on A3 C-class for 280

And that's because I'm going to fly less next year so I need to maximise my earnings to retain status

I don't know sometimes I feel like I'm throwing money away, but I can't control it!
                                Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:24 am

...deleted...

Last edited by KLouis; Oct 4, 2015 at 10:46 am Reason: Once more, let down, by my math...
                                Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by DrHalxx
                                I know its' a stupid question, but am I stupid that I paid 100 pounds more to get 2243 status miles instead of flying BA on a return leg and crediting to my exec club (which I have no chance of getting status)? LON-ATH on A3 outbound and BA inbound was 190 (bag purchased for the return leg) and I booked A3 RT with the return leg on A3 C-class for 280
                                If I read your post correctly, you paid an additional £90 for 2243 extra A3 tier miles and 1 extra qualifying flight towards your A3 GOLD renewal, and flew one of the best business class offerings in Europe. I don't think that can be viewed upon as particularily stupid ("ordinary people" might think so though, but I don't think many FT'ers would raise their eyebrows).

Snacky
                                Old Oct 4, 2015, 10:45 am

Can we please keep this thread for posting mileage runs & deals? And, Moderator, please delete or move this very post, too. Evcharisto.
                                Old Oct 10, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
                                DUB - LAX is back on ET earning 100%. 475 euro, 10,331 miles, 4,59 CPM

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1709833-et-dub-lax-dub-352-a.html#post25543725
                                Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: A3 *G
                                I was just looking at the range of Ethiopian destinations for a winter getaway. The cheapest flights from Europe seem to be from FCO or ARN and the best mileage deals seem to be as follows:

FCO-ADD-CPT in April. 456 Euro rt. 12034 miles. 3.8cpm.
                                FCO-ADD-ICN in March. 565 Euro rt. 16998 miles. 3.4cpm.

On the down side, the ADD-CPT flight stops at GBE on the way which means 9hrs aboard a 737 and the ICN connection in ADD is 16+hrs in each direction. Still - it maybe gives chance to leave the airport and explore a little. I'm particularly tempted by CPT as I've always wanted to visit there and it gives me instant *G renewal (I'll already have the 4 sectors) for not a great deal of money.

Note, those prices are direct with ET. Everything seems to be 20 Euro more on OLTA sites. Flights are all in O class which (still) earns 100% with A3. Lets hope that continues.
                                Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:23 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LCAH Gold
                                Other good option are flights with SAS. I purchased last week RT ticket from ATH to ARN for March in SAS Plus for 210 EUR in booking class A. Will get (hopefully nothing will change) for this 6038 miles, so 3.4 ecpm.
                                Other routes worth to be checked are CPH/ARN/OSL - AGP/FAO/ALC.
                                Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: A3 *G
                                Originally Posted by panlukasz
                                Other good option are flights with SAS. I purchased last week RT ticket from ATH to ARN for March in SAS Plus for 210 EUR in booking class A. Will get (hopefully nothing will change) for this 6038 miles, so 3.4 ecpm.
                                Other routes worth to be checked are CPH/ARN/OSL - AGP/FAO/ALC.
                                I totally agree. SAS "own" my Gold status! Long may it last (I also have SAS flights booked for December and January). At least if the earning rates change you can cancel your A class ticket for free. Mine are in SASgo, although I have used SASPlus for mileage many times before.

What's with ARN being so cheap to get to lately? Is it so that travellers can actually afford to eat when they get there?

Last edited by Knobbgb; Oct 28, 2015 at 12:44 am
                                Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:40 am
                                Suspended
                                Original Poster

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
                                TLV-ATH-MXP-ATH-TLV 12/04 - 17/APR £88 3.5p pm

TLV-MXP-TLV 12/04 - 17/04 £88. Books into go-light fare so only 75% of miles, so earns 2532 miles, which works out 3.5p per mile.

Many more dates too.

http://www.kayak.co.uk/flights/TLV-M...-12/2016-04-17

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.