Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Lounge in Heraklion for A3 Flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 5:08 am

Then (summer), if you head 3 km east, instead of west, you could have good lunch after a good swim! Your choice...

PS Most cab drivers around here are of the silent type
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Whats the cab cost from the airport to the city center? We will land at 9:20pm and will head straight to the hotel, have not decided which one. I need to book one for April, 28 & 29, we depart on Apr 29 after 9pm.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Whats the cab cost from the airport to the city center? We will land at 9:20pm and will head straight to the hotel, have not decided which one. I need to book one for April, 28 & 29, we depart on Apr 29 after 9pm.
There's a line outside the airport building, to the left as you exit. It takes 5-qo minutes to the centre (closer to 5 due to the time) and It should cost between 5 and 10 €. Cabbies at the airport are honest, but there is always an extra foe taking the cab at the airport, plus something for luggage, all that added to what's on the meter.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:18 am

Folks,

I only have approx. 1,5h tranfer time in Heraklion on my way to Athens. Anything near worth to spend an hour or so? Knossos seems like it will take some more time.

Thanks
Stephan
Old Jul 13, 2016, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by stan64
...I only have approx. 1,5h tranfer time in Heraklion on my way to Athens. Anything near worth to spend an hour or so? Knossos seems like it will take some more time.
Taking into consideration the time from landing until getting to the exit of the arrivals hall (~15-29 min.), security (5-10 min.) and time from calling boarding till departure (~30 min.) you're actually left with less than 45 minutes. I'm afraid that with such little time you're left with three alternatives. a) take a cab and drive through the centre of the city for a fast "sight-seeing"; b) take a cab and drive to the next beach (e.g. Tobrouk) for a very fast during watching the waves; or c) stay at the HER zoo and watch the tourists waiting to board. The third one is certainly the safest, not the nicest.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
So I've got a 5h 15min connection tomorrow at HER. Does anybody know which bus I can take to get to the town and how much it costs? I'd rather take the bus as for one person it's bound to be cheaper!

Last edited by headingwest; Sep 15, 2016 at 1:21 pm Reason: bus not 'but'!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:43 pm

All city buses leaving the airport go to the city centre and they should cost less than 2 €.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Thank you so much KLouis
Old Sep 16, 2016, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice place for a wander too. I had a weekend there last year and enjoyed ambling around.

PS that's the town, the airport is pretty basic ��
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
...the airport is pretty basic ��
That's the biggest understatement I have ever read!
Old Sep 17, 2016, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KLouis
That's the biggest understatement I have ever read!
I was trying hard not to be offensive.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Last year we took a taxi to get into the town, the old fort up the hill. Guess we paid EUR 15 per way...
Old Sep 17, 2016, 7:48 pm

The old fort is in the sea (well, nowadays it's part of the old pier). I guess you mean the centre of the city, which is indeed uphill and is surrounded by the city walls, the most massive almost intact fortification of the Mediterranean area.

By the way, lots of open-air places to have a drink and watch people, some good and some bad restaurants, the museum (ranks 2nd in Greece and one of the top ten in Europe for archeological stuff) and, of course, shopping (from food to anything you want).

As for the taxi, well, you were ripped off but not by much: It should not cost more than ~10€ each way. You'd pay 15€ for a pre-arranged cap.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 5:27 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
You're right. Meant the old town up the hill. Can't say anymore exactely how much it was... In any case much much cheaper than taxis in Switzerland... ��
Old Sep 18, 2016, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
You're right. Meant the old town up the hill. Can't say anymore exactely how much it was... In any case much much cheaper than taxis in Switzerland... ��
Hey, you should see the difference in the price of meat...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.