Questions!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
Questions!

HI, i had a couple of questions.

I'm getting getting ready to book LHR-ATH-JMK

1. If i double check Expedia do those fare classes tend to be right and match aegean airlines website?
2. I need to get my 4 segments and i noticed one of the segments is operated by Olympic to Mykonos. It has a A3 flight number. Is that ok?

Thanks!

Chris
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: A3 *G
1) The fare classes quoted by other websites have always been correct in my experience, although I don't use Expedia. You could always do a dummy booking on A3 to see if the details match up.

2) The four segments need to be on A3 OR Olympic - either will do, so this will be fine for the 4-segment requirement. There is, however, an ongoing discussion about whether these codeshare flights actually earn points in certain classes. The "A3 operated by Olympic" should be fine whereas the "Olympic with A3 codeshare" do NOT earn points in Q class. That's how I understand it anyway.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response. I think ill book on expedia just to be sure!

It's A3 operated by Olympic too...I do need to check an earlier , slightly better connection flight. If that earns a lot more miles that might help me decide
Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:58 am
Original Poster

I was able to clear my outbound upgrade painlessly!

One question - What fare class could i monitor to upgrade the return?
It's ATH-LHR

Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2015, 3:53 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
All fare classes can be upgraded - it's the availability of redemption (I class) seats that's the barrier.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...e-coupons.html
Old Jun 5, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: A3*G
Expedia bookings

I used Expedia to book PRG-ATH-ZRH earlier this year (January) as I couldn't find a way to get it to book on the Aegean website all onto one PNR.

PRG-ATH was in T class
ATH-ZRH was in U class

Both segments credited exactly as those fare classes to my A3 M+B account the day after flying.

I also went onto the A3 website directly and added a bag to my fare, which also worked fine. In Prague it was checked through to Zurich.

Last edited by eurotexan; Jun 5, 2015 at 7:27 am Reason: added baggage detail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.