Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: A3*G
This year

FEB: MXP-BRU on SN M to C (Bizz&Class)
MAR: PRG-FRA on LH M to C
APR: GVA-PRG on LX M to C
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: *G
Lufthansa FRA/GIG from PY to C in March, due to full of carnival tourists.
C class was also packed with carnival costume tourists!
Totally different atmosphere from normal C class with businessmen.
krasnoludek and East_and_West like this.
Old May 5, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Yet again upgraded on TK from IST to TXL (Y to C). I've flown this route 4-5 times in the past year or so (always on an Airbus A330) and I've been upgraded 2 times (both times it has been at IST, not TXL).
East_and_West likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Gold
04APR LH429 CLT-MUC from Eco to Premium Eco
03MAY NZ018 RAR-LAX from Y to Premium Eco
Old May 7, 2019, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by blackball
Yet again upgraded on TK from IST to TXL (Y to C). I've flown this route 4-5 times in the past year or so (always on an Airbus A330) and I've been upgraded 2 times (both times it has been at IST, not TXL).
On IST-Germany or Germany-IST flights during peak season, it's more than %50 that you would get the upgrade on a widebody. ( Even if you're A3*G ).
Higher possibilities on 11:00-14:00 departures from Germany and 10:00-17:00 departures from Turkey.
blackball likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
On IST-Germany or Germany-IST flights during peak season, it's more than %50 that you would get the upgrade on a widebody. ( Even if you're A3*G ).
Higher possibilities on 11:00-14:00 departures from Germany and 10:00-17:00 departures from Turkey.
Great to know! I have the same route booked later this month. Flying on the widebody even in economy is a bit nicer (even if the IFE seems not to be updated that regularly).
Old May 7, 2019, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Got upgraded on OA, and I was almost disappointed to be upgraded. Why? Because it almost messed up my plans by earning me more tier miles than I wanted to have at the time.
Old May 7, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Got upgraded on OA, and I was almost disappointed to be upgraded. Why? Because it almost messed up my plans by earning me more tier miles than I wanted to have at the time.
Just to clarify, are you saying you were upgraded at check-in/gate and were given the
miles for a business class flight? That's not how it should work, but good for you, I guess, if it did.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:28 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Just to clarify, are you saying you were upgraded at check-in/gate and were given the
miles for a business class flight? That's not how it should work, but good for you, I guess, if it did.
Yes. It wasn’t what I wanted, as the upgraded class almost gave too many status miles at a sub-optimal time. I wanted to clear out and use some coupons before the accounts would earn more coupons, and the “random” upgrade to C earning class was almost a problem. I am thankful that the flights posted quickly so I could have a bit more time to make adjustments to maximize my returns.

Edit: I’m not sure at what exact point the upgrade happened since it seems like my boarding passes sometimes get updated/replaced without my knowing when it happened.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 8, 2019 at 2:59 am
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
LHR-VIE today. Flight was overbooked. Got the magic beep at the gate. Only 2 rows in C. 6/8 seats taken. K fare. Weird as i saw at least 10 people using the priority lane and flying in economy. Probably no senators or Hons. Who knows!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Silver, AC, DL
Upgraded twice on a recent trip with AC... YOW-YWG on a Sunday morning, and then YEG-YYZ on Saturday morning (which still went out with 3 empty J seats! ).

I love these weekend, low-AC elite flights!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by YOWTraveller
Upgraded twice on a recent trip with AC... YOW-YWG on a Sunday morning, and then YEG-YYZ on Saturday morning (which still went out with 3 empty J seats! ).

I love these weekend, low-AC elite flights!
Happens so often on YOW-YWG.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:27 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Upgraded today from Y to C on FRA-RIX. Flight was overbooked in Y. Gotta love summer flights to low elite/business destinations. Catering was very poor though.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Was upgraded from Y+ to C on LH412 from MUC to EWR. Since they switched the A359 for an A346, many people got bumped up, including me.
​​​​​When they scanned my BP the printer gave me a new seat in Business. Great start into the fall semester
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:25 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
If you saw many boarding passes printed out at the gate it doesnt necessarily mean that so many people got upgraded but were many seat reassignment due to aircraft change (happened to my flight from YUL to MUC a few weeks ago, changed from A359 to A346, only 4 upgrades tho, 2 guys bumped from J to F and another ones to C+ )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.