Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by alanw
Well, I swear I have searched for this but I'm not getting any useful answers.

Looking at my transactions for this year I shows I have 18,170 miles - both tier and award. Right next to this, there is a box that says:

To upgrade to Silver tier I still need: 5,830 Tier Miles

Unless my math is wrong, I should already be at Silver, no? Am I missing something? Some of these miles were earned on flights in the last week. They have credited but I wonder if there is a delay in moving me to the next tier? I can't help but notice that 18170+5830 is 24000 miles, the amount I need for Gold. I still show as Blue so I wonder if there is an error someplace.

Thanks for any help or insight you guys can offer!
I'm afraid you misunderstood the qualification requirements with Aegean or you read old qualification requirements solewhere. I am afraid you didnt fly Aegean because these are the requirements :

Silver status:
- Qualify: fly 12,000 miles and 2 flights Aegean OR 24,000 miles
- Retain: fly 8,000 miles and 2 flights Aegean OR 16,000 miles

Gold status: can be earned after earning Silver status
- Qualify: fly 24,000 miles and 4 flights Aegean OR 48,000 miles
- Retain: fly 12,000 miles and 4 flights Aegean OR 24,000 miles.

The most recent information can be found on the official website, for Silver:
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonus/about-the-program/silver/
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by pewpew
Yep, and yep 1 ticket. Thanks!
Oh, also: is it fair to assume that ATH-CFU-ATH will be boarded by stairs both ways so I might as well just sit in the back, whereas ATH-LHR will deboard on a jetbridge at LHR?
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
Gold status: can be earned after earning Silver status
- Qualify: fly 24,000 miles and 4 flights Aegean OR 48,000 miles
- Retain: fly 12,000 miles and 4 flights Aegean OR 24,000 miles.
Having qualified under the old rules, I didn't realize you needed fewer miles to requalify. I'm basically not flying at all (literally no free time) between Aug 2020-Dec 2021, so I guess it'll be interesting trying to figure out how to maintain status....
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
I'm afraid you misunderstood the qualification requirements with Aegean or you read old qualification requirements solewhere. I am afraid you didnt fly Aegean because these are the requirements :

Silver status:
- Qualify: fly 12,000 miles and 2 flights Aegean OR 24,000 miles
- Retain: fly 8,000 miles and 2 flights Aegean OR 16,000 miles
The most recent information can be found on the official website, for Silver:
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...rogram/silver/
Thanks for the quick reply! Except I did indeed fly Aegean, three of the 8 segments this year were A3 sold and operated, two in Z class and one in H. After 12,000 miles, including the three A3 flights, I should have been made Silver, according to both your post above and the link you provided.

What am I missing?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Thanks for the quick reply! Except I did indeed fly Aegean, three of the 8 segments this year were A3 sold and operated, two in Z class and one in H. After 12,000 miles, including the three A3 flights, I should have been made Silver, according to both your post above and the link you provided.

What am I missing?
It does sound strange. Can you show a screenshot of what it says is required? There should be two options, with and without A3 flights - something like "To upgrade to Silver you need xxxx miles including 2 Aegean flights, or xxxx miles without." Once the two flights are credited it changes to just "you need xxxx miles to qualify". Are you sure all your A3 flights credited? Only paid flights count - they weren't award flights were they? I know you said Z and H class but just checking as I can't think what else the problem could be. There can be a slight delay between flights crediting and the upgrade taking place (one or two days absolute max.) but if that is the case, theis screen says something like "you need 0 miles to quality", so it can't be that.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by pewpew
Oh, also: is it fair to assume that ATH-CFU-ATH will be boarded by stairs both ways so I might as well just sit in the back, whereas ATH-LHR will deboard on a jetbridge at LHR?
For deboarding at LHR you can assume a jetbridge. For deboarding at ATH from CFU there is no golden rule, depends on the aircraft's next route and the availability of jetbridges @ath.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 4:26 am

If a flight has a aegean flight number but is operated by lufthansa will it count as a segment? Eg:
  • Aegean 1606 operated by Lufthansa
  • Economy (L)
Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Knobbgb, I woke up this morning to an email welcoming me to Silver tier and showing my progress to Gold:

https://imgur.com/IBxWty1

Patience was the key!
Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cpio
If a flight has a aegean flight number but is operated by lufthansa will it count as a segment? Eg:
  • Aegean 1606 operated by Lufthansa
  • Economy (L)
Thanks
No, metal counts.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
For deboarding at LHR you can assume a jetbridge. For deboarding at ATH from CFU there is no golden rule, depends on the aircraft's next route and the availability of jetbridges @ath.
@pewpew: when deplaning at ATH there is always an A3 agent wearing a light blue jacket who handles short connections. If your flight into ATH is late, see him/her, (s)he'll be able to help you, e.g. delaying your flight to LHR or, if not possible, supplying you with a BC for a next flight. I was once accompanied through a shortcut that allowed me to get home as planned.
pewpew likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by KLouis
@pewpew: when deplaning at ATH there is always an A3 agent wearing a light blue jacket who handles short connections. If your flight into ATH is late, see him/her, (s)he'll be able to help you, e.g. delaying your flight to LHR or, if not possible, supplying you with a BC for a next flight. I was once accompanied through a shortcut that allowed me to get home as planned.
It seems I should skip asking FT and just ask you directly, KLouis ! Thanks for all your help!
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:21 pm

Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

What am I missing?
Sanity check. Are you 100% sure that you had A3 as the FFP and that the flights duly credited to Aegean? If they're valid A3 segments and they've posted on your mileage account you should definitely have fulfilled the 2 segment requirement.

I ask this because I ran into trouble last year during Silver qualification as I inadvertently let one of the segments credit to SQ instead of A3. Had to do a status run to ATH to get the segment requirement fulfilled before a 20K RT to HKG that I wanted to use for my *G qualification.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: A3
Hey y'all. I have two little problems.

1. Is it possible to contact Miles and Bonus via email instead of by phone? I have tried several times and have grown tired of "call me again tomorrow" and the person isn't there. My wife changed her name last year when we married and there are like 10 flights that we both took, but she is unable to credit due to confusion of the names on the reservations. I could just send a list of flights and that would be enough no?

2. We were thinking of going to Bali in January and one the cheapest options for us is LOT, which does a non-stop charter from WAW. Does anyone know if this effects earning miles compared to normal LOT flights (which are usually good for M&B flyers)?

Thanks,

Jacob
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:42 am

I am currently looking to purchase a flight to Athens from Cairo in April 2020. I know that Aegean releases flights in blocks, but does anyone know when Spring 2020 flights will become bookable? Currently, you can only book flights through the end of March 2020.

Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by jacobsteuer1
Hey y'all. I have two little problems.

1. Is it possible to contact Miles and Bonus via email instead of by phone? I have tried several times and have grown tired of "call me again tomorrow" and the person isn't there. My wife changed her name last year when we married and there are like 10 flights that we both took, but she is unable to credit due to confusion of the names on the reservations. I could just send a list of flights and that would be enough no?

2. We were thinking of going to Bali in January and one the cheapest options for us is LOT, which does a non-stop charter from WAW. Does anyone know if this effects earning miles compared to normal LOT flights (which are usually good for M&B flyers)?

Thanks,

Jacob
1. Yes, I always contact them by email for complicated things like that. You usually get an auto-reply within minutes registering your query and an actual reply in 24 to 48 hours. I used to use [email protected] but I believe that is no longer a usable address, although I think it redirects to the regular address.

2. I doubt a charter flight will earn anything, but I have no specific experience with LOT. Usually with a charter, one or more travel companies bulk-buy all the seats so the tickets themselves aren't even sold by LOT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.