Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Together account - details, issues and questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: benberg2013
Together Account Terms and Conditions

These details, copied from the Aegean website, explains how a Miles and Bonus Together account works.

- A Together account can be created only by active Miles+Bonus members that belong to the Silver or Gold tier. The Together account activation can only be accomplished electronically, via the Aegean official website and only after the Member logs in to his/her personal Miles+Bonus account. The Member that activates the Together account is automatically nominated as the Head of the Together account.

- In case the Member, Head of the Together account, is downgraded to the Blue tier, then the Together account will be cancelled and all the award miles accumulated, will be transferred to the personal Miles+Bonus account of the Head.

- A Together account can consist of 2 to 6 members.

- The Head as well as all Together members under the Relation Type “Father”, “Mother”, “Spouse” and “Companion” must be over 18 years old, whereas Members under the Relation Type "Brother", "Child", "Companion", "Friend" and "Sister" must be over 2 years old.

- The Head must invite the members that wishes to include in the Together account via an electronic message. The invited members must be active Miles+Bonus members that do not belong to another Together account or have not opt-out or been removed from a Together account in less than a six (6) months period and have a valid email account registered in their profile. It is clarified that the invited Members reserve the right to accept or reject their invitation within a period of 10 days. After that period, the invitation will expire and the Head may resend the invitation to the same or any other Member.

- As soon as a Member accepts the invitation to participate in a Together account, all 100% of the award miles collected into his/her personal Miles+Bonus account are transferred to the Together account. All 100% of his/her award miles will be transferred to the Together account for as long as the Member belongs to the Together account.

- The Head is exclusively responsible for the control of the Together account (add /remove members). The Head can accomplish changes by logging in his/her personal Miles+Bonus account.

- Any member added to a Together account cannot be removed in less than six (6) months from the join date.

- The Members that opt-out or are removed from a Together account, are not eligible to create or participate in a Together account for a period of six (6) months from the opt-out or removal date.

- The Head that opts-out or deactivates a Together account or is downgraded to the Blue tier, is not eligible to create or participate in a Together account for a period of six (6) months from the opt-out, removal or downgrade date.
It is clarified that a Together account cannot be cancelled in less than 6 months from the day of the Together account's creation.

- The Head is exclusively responsible for the administration of the Together account. The Head reserves the right to provide access to the members he wishes, in order for them to be able to view the Together accrual and redemption transactions, as well as to redeem award miles.

- If a Together Member wishes to opt-out from the Together account, the total award miles that have been accumulated to the Together account or part of them, cannot be transferred to his personal Miles+Bonus account.
In the event of a Head ‘s death, the Together Account and the total award Miles will be automatically cancelled.

- If the Head wishes to opt-out from the Together account, the Together account will be cancelled and the total award miles that have been accumulated will be transferred to his personal Miles+Bonus account.
Aegean reserves the right to reject any application of a Together account in case it is not compatible with the terms and conditions.

- Aegean has the right to deactivate the Together program and cancel the relevant miles without notification if - for a period of 6 months from the activation day - no flight transaction with Aegean, Olympic Air or any Star Alliance member airline, has been added by any of the Together Members.
Aegean reserves the right to annul or modify at its own private discretion, anytime and with no previous notice the Program's terms and conditions, as they are mentioned in this document. The new terms and conditions apply upon their publication.

- A Member's participation in the Program after the publication of the new terms and conditions implies their unconditional acceptance

Together Miles Accrual

- All miles accrued on a Together account are award miles. Each Together member may accrue tier miles at his personal Miles+Bonus account. However, the award miles will be added and accumulated under the Together account.

For example:

A Together member flies from Athens to Thessaloniki in W booking class. The miles that will be added as follows:
500 tier miles to his personal Miles+Bonus account
500 award miles to the Together account

A necessary requirement for adding miles to the Together account is the completion of the transaction (Aegean, Olympic Air, and partners) by each Together member, through his/her personal Miles+Bonus account.

There is no card issued for the Together accounts and the Together account number is not registered nor indicated during accrual transactions.

A Together member is obliged to indicate his personal Miles+Bonus card number during the ticket reservation, as well as presenting his card at the check in counter.

A Together member is obliged to indicate and present his personal Miles+Bonus card during any transaction with the partners of Miles+Bonus.
Print Wikipost

Together account - details, issues and questions

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 12:10 pm

lio13 What kind of miles penalty? A percentage / how much? So those miles "vanish", they don't remain in the "head's" possession either?
If so...
Old May 26, 2023, 12:20 pm

Programs: Miles and Bonus
Arrow

Originally Posted by giorginho
lio13 What kind of miles penalty? A percentage / how much? So those miles "vanish", they don't remain in the "head's" possession either?
If so...
The answers of the representative were very vague saying that there is a penalty and they will update the terms and conditions. It was not very informative and I told them that this is unacceptable. I think I will call them in a couple of weeks to get an update on the matter.
giorginho likes this.
Old May 26, 2023, 1:43 pm

I can't believe this is true and although I dislike the sudden changes of A3 without notice, the statement that there might be a penalty does not make sense to me. Maybe you or the agent misunderstood something?
Old May 26, 2023, 1:56 pm

Programs: Miles and Bonus
Originally Posted by nikolask
I can't believe this is true and although I dislike the sudden changes of A3 without notice, the statement that there might be a penalty does not make sense to me. Maybe you or the agent misunderstood something?
Me definitely not, the agent maybe but if that's the case, I am sorry of what I am going to say, she should not work there. We were talking for 20 minutes over the phone for that matter. She repeatedly used the word penalty.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 3:21 pm

Is there any new information on how this works in practice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.