Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flights during November that didn't transfer to new system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Hey guys,

I flew 8k miles on 12 nov with AC
I flew 4k miles on 23 nov with LX

Now that the system is back up, neither of the flights has went through and I am not showing as gold

I Understand the 23nov flight but the 12 is long overdue. I have called AC and they said it's something with aegean as my flight log with AC shows my a3 number.

I went out of my way to spend more to be in the proper booking class

The a3 call center isn't much help, they told me I can retro claim the flight on the 12 and it would take a minimum of 14 days. I have heard stories about resto claims taking months.. And I feel short change here they I am flying to Singapore and Mexico from canada the next two weeks and will not have the status I have earned.

Any advice guys?

Last edited by Hamlol; Nov 25, 2014 at 1:54 am
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:52 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Was your AC flight an O class fare? I had similar problem with their O class ticket last December.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:25 am
Original Poster

It was in the 50% earnings. But all I needed was 400miles and I flew 20 times that..
Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:01 am

I think (and hope) they will retro apply.

I have similar situation with missus. We had a flight on 16 Nov which isn't showing. This was the flight that would get missus to gold.

I am hoping they will retro apply any flights taken pre 24 Nov, but didn't post yet.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:07 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
You need to ask A3 why AC is not releasing the miles. But at this time they are doing maintenance with their site, so I would wait for couple days and ask them.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:09 am
Original Poster

air canada has said they have done their part in the matter
aegean has been super vague just talking about their system and the changes. But i also flew UA the same day and that went through (12 nov).

Should i retro claim using the website?
I have my flight booking from air canada which shows that my a3 number was applied.

What a piss off, nov/dec my busiest months regarding flying and although i have made the gold 1.5x over, this garbage is happening.

Aegean has confirmed that i will receive gold even though we are in new program but have no solutions besides for 15 days now of telling me to call back.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: A3 *G
The whole story is that in their new earnings scheme, certain classes were made redundant. Somehow, the new earning scheme fed back to the old system and certain booking classes were automatically rejected by A3's system.

A good example are LH Q (so weird that they wouldn't honor a Q class) and V.

I'm sure other airlines are affected also. Some miles went through automatically because those booking classes were not changed in the system.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:08 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
See, more and more like BMI every day ... even down to the IT system robustness (or lack thereof)!

This is truly the new Diamond Club in the making ...
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:29 am

Give them a few days to figure it out. I am sure you'll get the Gold Status.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: A3*G
I experienced similar situations.

In Oct., I took flights Japanese domestic flights by ANA. (NGO-ISG, ISG-HND)

I applied A3 number at check-in and confirmed on boarding passes (which A3 number printed), but miles from the ANA flights were not appeared, so I claimed miles after two weeks.

I think, due to maintenance issues, the miles have not applied. I suppose you need to claim missing miles after 14 days from the flight date.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
I, too, am still waiting for miles from 2 LH flights, taken on 1 November, to post. My Gold status wasn't dependent on them, so I guess it's best to wait to see if they post once the new site's glitches have been fixed. If not, I'll retro claim, once that function is enabled.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:45 am

I made 2 flights with 4 sections with LH Q class on middle of October and still they were not posted. I retroclaimed after 2 weeks, meaning 2nd of November and still they are not posted.
Do i have to call or shall i wait some more?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
See, more and more like BMI every day ... even down to the IT system robustness (or lack thereof)!

This is truly the new Diamond Club in the making ...
Section 28.2
In the event of AEGEAN’s bankruptcy, insolvency, merger or dissolution in any manner, the Programme shall be automatically cancelled. At the same time, all Member Accounts and accumulated Miles will be abolished. Consequently, AEGEAN will bear no liability towards Members, nor will the Members be able to leverage any further claim against AEGEAN.

Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Section 28.2
In the event of AEGEAN’s bankruptcy, insolvency, merger or dissolution in any manner, the Programme shall be automatically cancelled. At the same time, all Member Accounts and accumulated Miles will be abolished. Consequently, AEGEAN will bear no liability towards Members, nor will the Members be able to leverage any further claim against AEGEAN.

I'm not sure what point you are making there, or why this topic was raised apparently in conjunction with bmi, but ALL Frequent Flyer Programmes have similar clauses (or, if not written explicitly in the T&Cs, it's what would happen anyway).

People that had miles in Malév and Spanair's programmes lost everything with those airlines failed. (bmi did not fail - it was sold to BA, who chose to wind down Diamond Club and move most members over to their own FFP).

And most airlines don't make it just contingent on the failure of the airline - most give themselves the right to terminate the programme at any time (though they will usually give at least a small period of notice).
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: *G, OWS
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Section 28.2

according to http://en.aegeanair.com/files/1/Cont...es_9M14_EN.pdf that currently shouldn't be a problem...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.