Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3 "Customer Service" does not respond

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2014, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
A3 "Customer Service" does not respond

Long story short:

I had two flights on Air Canada in H class (100% mileage credit) with the ticket to prove it. For some reason, these credited in S class (25% mileage credit) to my A3 account.

I have tried to address this with them:
  1. Self service on the web site: does not work, tells me that this has already been credited.
  2. Filled out the web form with all relevant details: no reply
  3. Sent all details to Miles & Bonus email address: no reply

Is there any way to actually reach these people? Or is that par for the course with their "customer service"?
Old Aug 8, 2014, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by colonius
...Is there any way to actually reach these people?...
Have you thought of the fact that BC and Athens are in different time zones? Ten hours to be precise!

Only indirectly related to the OP's question: I've noticed that the very vast majority of people complaining about miles not credited or mis-credited were AC passengers? Would this not imply that the "problem" is to be found at AC (and their IT system) and not at A3? I can't think of an anti-Canadian attitude of a Greek airline...

Last edited by KLouis; Aug 8, 2014 at 10:05 pm
Old Aug 8, 2014, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
Originally Posted by KLouis
Have you thought of the fact that BC and Athens are in different time zones? Ten hours to be precise!
Sure, but what difference does that make if weeks have passed without a reply?

Only indirectly related to the OP's question: I've noticed that the very vast majority of people complaining about miles not credited or mis-credited were AC passengers? Would this not imply that the "problem" is to be found at AC (and their IT system) and not at A3? I can't think of an anti-Canadian attitude of a Greek airline...
I have not assumed any "attitude" on any side. It is also quite possible that there is an issue with the IT systems on one side or in the way they interact. But in any case, I would first have to contact A3 "customer service", which seems to be impossible.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 11:13 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I've had problems in the past with my AC flights crediting to A3, and I have to call AC to fix it, and it took them 3 months.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by colonius
Sure, but what difference does that make if weeks have passed without a reply?

I have not assumed any "attitude" on any side. It is also quite possible that there is an issue with the IT systems on one side or in the way they interact. But in any case, I would first have to contact A3 "customer service", which seems to be impossible.
I assumed, from what you wrote before, that you've been trying to call them and they never answer the phone. After reading your second post, I guess what you really meant is that you've never actually called them (believe me, they always answer the phone from 8 am to 8 pm Greek time) but you're complaining for not getting an answer to your email.

Only one thing you can do, be patient (and, also, perhaps try to use that device called telephone).

Last edited by KLouis; Aug 9, 2014 at 3:15 am
Old Aug 9, 2014, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
I assumed, from what you wrote before, that you've been trying to call them and they never answer the phone. After reading your second post, I guess what you really meant is that you've never actually called them (believe me, they always answer the phone from 8 am to 8 pm Greek time) but you're complaining for not getting an answer to your email.

Only one thing you can do, be patient (and, also, perhaps try to use that device called telephone).
I believe I clearly stated in my first post how I tried to contact them. This is the 21st century, so the phone is not necessarily the first choice anymore in contacting companies.

So bottomline: the only reliable way to contact these guys is calling?
Old Aug 9, 2014, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by J_rob129
I've had problems in the past with my AC flights crediting to A3, and I have to call AC to fix it, and it took them 3 months.
I credited 46 AC flights to A3 over the last twelve months. One flight did not post, but that was fixed through the online tool. So this is the first real problem that I have. YMMV.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
I have a strong feeling that the OPs flight was AC Rouge, either originally or as a swap.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kanor
I have a strong feeling that the OPs flight was AC Rouge, either originally or as a swap.
You may have a strong feeling, but it is still wrong.

1st flight was mainline, 2nd flight Air Canada Express (Jazz). With my travel patterns, the largest plane I typically see is an E190.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
I too have never received any email responses from A3 customer service, but they have always attended to me quickly when I call them during Greek business hours.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MidnightLight
I too have never received any email responses from A3 customer service, but they have always attended to me quickly when I call them during Greek business hours.
Thank you, that was the first truly helpful input.

Lesson learned: anything but a telephone call is useless, so I will give them a call.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by MidnightLight
Agreed. At least A3 picks up the phone at Customer Service in Greece rather than outsourced OCC that I can't understand a word or they don't give a hoot why you are calling.

That being said, I had A3 trash my suitcase last month and other than one email from them, I have heard nothing further. Is that typical?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Agreed. At least A3 picks up the phone at Customer Service in Greece rather than outsourced OCC that I can't understand a word or they don't give a hoot why you are calling.

That being said, I had A3 trash my suitcase last month and other than one email from them, I have heard nothing further. Is that typical?
On two occasions, they reimbursed to my wife the cost for replacement w/o any problem. But you have to follow the rules: report immediately upon arrival at the airport, and do what they dec ide (repair or replace).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.