Wiki Posts
Search

Blue Membership

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Blue Membership

Hey all,

I am new here. I just got 4200 miles in my A3 account (including 1000 miles sign-up bonus), am I qualified to get a Blue membership? So far I haven't see any blue membership in my account.

And Being a blue membership, the miles will still be expired in one year?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:09 pm

Blue Membership

How long has it been? You need to wait 24 hours after you reached 4,000 miles.

Also note, the miles need to be tier miles. Award miles do not count.

The tier miles will expire after one year. The award miles will remain. Tier miles are only used to determine level in the program (white, blue, or gold).
Old Mar 6, 2013, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hydrogen
How long has it been? You need to wait 24 hours after you reached 4,000 miles.

Also note, the miles need to be tier miles. Award miles do not count.

The tier miles will expire after one year. The award miles will remain. Tier miles are only used to determine level in the program (white, blue, or gold).
Do you mean I need to earn 4000 tier miles (excluding 1000 sign-up bonus) in order to become blue?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
No. You need to accumulate 4,000 miles (sign-up and/or flight miles) within a period of 12 months to get Blue status.

Any other miles (credit card, hotel, car, etc.) do not count.

Once you have 4,000 miles within 12 months, it takes 1-3 days for the upgrade to occur on A3's systems.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 6:02 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
No. You need to accumulate 4,000 miles (sign-up and/or flight miles) within a period of 12 months to get Blue status.

Any other miles (credit card, hotel, car, etc.) do not count.

Once you have 4,000 miles within 12 months, it takes 1-3 days for the upgrade to occur on A3's systems.
... and up to 2 months for your card to arrive.

Originally Posted by Babykings
And Being a blue membership, the miles will still be expired in one year?
If you credit one flight to your A3 account every 2 years, then you will maintain the Blue membership, even though the miles will expire. The tier miles you earn after reaching Blue are only useful for reaching Gold.

(Someone correct me if this is not the case)
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by :D!
... and up to 2 months for your card to arrive.
But you can always print your statement. This works with every non-narrow-minded lounge dragon.

If you credit one flight to your A3 account every 2 years, then you will maintain the Blue membership, even though the miles will expire. The tier miles you earn after reaching Blue are only useful for reaching Gold.

(Someone correct me if this is not the case)
It is the case but strangely enough there are still people out there who want to use the miles for an award, aren't there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.