Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Will *A partner recognise A3 Gold/Silver update from yesterday? [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCP, A3*G, FB-G, HH-Gold, Le Club Platinum

Have a flight later today on US Airways and my A3 went from Blue to Gold yesterday evening. When I tried to check in online it still shows *S. Will the staff at airport see that my account is now *G? Would be handy not to pay for extra checked bags.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:51 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I will take some time before the new status has propagated through the systems. I've never flown US and I don't know what their routines are, but I wouldn't count on status being visible alliance-wide in a day or two.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, A3 Gold
A3 update *A members once a month on M&B status changes (at least they used to), so it's highly unlikely that US will recognize you as a *G. In any event, they always ask for your card when accessing a club. Regarding baggage fees, I believe *S are entitled to one free bag on US.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: *A Gold
I was in a a similar situation when flyinjg out of PHL on US Airways last year. Took a screenshot of the Aegean M&B overview page which indicated my recently acquired *G status. It gave me the extra luggage. Also showed the print to a lounge receptionist and asked if I was allowed inside. Did not demand access and did nothing to push her. She very kindly told me that she was not supposed to let me in .... then she smiled and let me in anyway

S.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:01 pm

i doubt that your status upgrade is already visible for the other * airlines. but why don´t you carry a printout of your account showing the card upgrade to gold with you and ask if they accept it?

edit: scandi777 was quicker
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: AC 25k, A3 *G, BA, Westjet Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum
Had this problem yesterday. Flew YYC-YYZ-CDG-YYZ-YYC. Obtained *A gold status on the outbound flight on November 24 and saw that my card was upgraded to gold Nov 29. Printed a screen shot of my account showing gold and the transactions to prove that it just happened. When I checked in yesterday in CDG to come home, AC didn't have my as gold, only silver. After checking in, I had to go to the AC ticket desk to get the change. Showed my screen shots and they changed my boarding pass after requesting it so that I could have priority boarding and lounge access without problems. She called down to the AC lounge to get me in and in our stopover in YYZ, no one asked for the card, just the boarding pass. The ticketing person could see in the system I was gold, but she had to do some digging. The paper print outs really helped.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Day after on US status did not show for me. Week after on UA it did.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I thought *S doesn't get any free stuff anymore. They don't even get a free bag on the flights. Am I mistaken? I would really appreciate it if someone clarifies this issue for me.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by blackmamba
I thought *S doesn't get any free stuff anymore. They don't even get a free bag on the flights. Am I mistaken? I would really appreciate it if someone clarifies this issue for me.
You are indeed mistaken. *S gets a free bag and priority boarding.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 1:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BThumme
You are indeed mistaken. *S gets a free bag and priority boarding.
Where is the free bag thing? Is it available for UA, too?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 2:07 am

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Originally Posted by blackmamba
Where is the free bag thing? Is it available for UA, too?
Yes, flying on UA, *S gets a free checked bag, priority boarding and at many airports, priority security too.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 4:12 pm

Long time reader, first time poster. Upgraded to A3*Gold on the 11th of Dec. Flight 14th Dec EWR-SFO (and onward) with UA still only showed me as A3*Silver. Tried to get into the lounge at EWR but the lounge agent was not having a bar of it. Presented a print out showing the upgrade and my account details but she said that was still unacceptable. I pushed her to see if there was a Star Alliance database she could check (which I believe there is) but she was adament she had no way of verifying anything and would only let me in if my boarding pass said A3*Gold. She was pleasant enough through out and did try re-entering my Frequent Flyer number to see if that changed anything but no joy.

I didn't have long to wait for my flight anyway so decided to just get some exercise walking around the terminal. I didn't push overly hard (I'm too polite for that ) with my request but just wanted to share an example of where things didn't quite go as well as hoped.

Cheers
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI-GCP, A3*G, FB-G, HH-Gold, Le Club Platinum
Just wanted to say thanks for the replies. I pulled up the aegean app on my iPhone showing I was Gold and showed the date of card upgrade and got my baggage allowance and lounge access. I had my blue card which they could verify was the same number on the account so they were happy enough.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by DLinYUL
A3 update *A members once a month on M&B status changes (at least they used to), so it's highly unlikely that US will recognize you as a *G. In any event, they always ask for your card when accessing a club. Regarding baggage fees, I believe *S are entitled to one free bag on US.
I recently flew both UA and LH with only having my A3*G on the boarding pass (forgot physical card back home), and had no problems going into the lounges and using first class checkin with extra luggage for free
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: TK E+
Also, on UA I saw that I'm entitled to 2 extra bags for free (for a total of 3)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.