Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage run from YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2012, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite, Marriot Silver
Mileage run from YYZ

Did I miss anything? Any suggestions on how to make this a better mileage run?

I'm short 2,356 to make *G on A3. I'm considering a mileage run. Tell me what you think:

On, Dec 5, 2012, take a US Airways flight from YYZ(Toronto) to FLL(Fort Lauderdale) for $350. Yes, BUF has a cheaper flight for $250, but for the $100, I won't have to drive 2 hours and pay for gas.

According to the mileage accural chart on A3:
http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...on/earn-miles/

All economy classes(including discounted) on US Airways earn 100% status miles.

Does anyone have further thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Azreal
Old Nov 4, 2012, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Azreal
Did I miss anything? Any suggestions on how to make this a better mileage run?

I'm short 2,356 to make *G on A3. I'm considering a mileage run. Tell me what you think:

On, Dec 5, 2012, take a US Airways flight from YYZ(Toronto) to FLL(Fort Lauderdale) for $350. Yes, BUF has a cheaper flight for $250, but for the $100, I won't have to drive 2 hours and pay for gas.

According to the mileage accural chart on A3:
http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...on/earn-miles/

All economy classes(including discounted) on US Airways earn 100% status miles.

Does anyone have further thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Azreal
BUF-LAS $240CAD

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...cpm-236-a.html
Old Nov 4, 2012, 8:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by raccoon
I don't think the OP cares so much about cpm but rather the least cost and least inconvenient way to get to *Gold. These flights are somewhat cheaper than the OP's plan for $350 and earn more miles, but the OP doesn't consider the inconvenience of flying from BUF worth a saving of $100, so $110 or so is likely to be viewed similarly. The fact that more status miles are earned is unlikely to matter, while the additional redeemable miles aren't likely to compensate for the inconvenience and cost of driving to BUF.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't think the OP cares so much about cpm but rather the least cost and least inconvenient way to get to *Gold. These flights are somewhat cheaper than the OP's plan for $350 and earn more miles, but the OP doesn't consider the inconvenience of flying from BUF worth a saving of $100, so $110 or so is likely to be viewed similarly. The fact that more status miles are earned is unlikely to matter, while the additional redeemable miles aren't likely to compensate for the inconvenience and cost of driving to BUF.
Thanks to MSP for eloquently summarizing my desires and objectives.

The BUF>LAS Racoon suggested is a good flight, but longer than I need to be on a flight.

Azreal.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: A3*Gold, Air Canada Aeroplan
Right now I miss around 400 miles to get me to the Gold level. I found a cheap mileage run from YYZ to DCA with US Airways for CAD$225 (return, taxes in) for mid-December that would net a 1,000 miles. Ironically, I could not find flights from YYZ to Ottawa or Montreal for cheaper than $400 - AC has cheap Tango fares but Aegean gives 0 miles for that fare class, and Tango Plus fare is way higher in price.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 2:29 pm

US Airways is pretty great as you always get 100% and it is cheap. Only downside might be if you would have to deal with customs, which might not understand the utter dire necessity of getting a gold card. I do

Otherwise, try and avoid any late night flights from US, as these tend to get backed up.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by unionsquare
US Airways is pretty great as you always get 100% and it is cheap. Only downside might be if you would have to deal with customs, which might not understand the utter dire necessity of getting a gold card. I do

Otherwise, try and avoid any late night flights from US, as these tend to get backed up.
Yes, it occurred to me that I have to indicate an address in the US on the customs card... perhaps DCA's address? :-)
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:48 pm

My little mileage run from YYZ to DCA went well: got enough miles to qualify for a gold level.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by csdyyz
My little mileage run from YYZ to DCA went well: got enough miles to qualify for a gold level.
My mileage run to FLL also went well. A long day. Too bad I didn't wait to purchase my ticket. AC had a flight to FLL for a similar price, but DIRECT. Oh well.

Just got upgraded to Star Gold today. Sitting at 20,096 miles. That was close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.