Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Points required for US domestic flight redemptions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Is there a calculator to estimate points required for Aegean redemptions on other airlines?

Is a domestic US flight a 12,500 minimum like the reward chart suggests? I want to know how many points LAX -> SYR (stopping in IAD, EWR etc) would be before calling.

Cheers
Old Apr 15, 2012, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by RhysL
Hi,

Is there a calculator to estimate points required for Aegean redemptions on other airlines?

Is a domestic US flight a 12,500 minimum like the reward chart suggests? I want to know how many points LAX -> SYR (stopping in IAD, EWR etc) would be before calling.

Cheers
should be, but one connection point only.
I think that US/Can->Caribbean RT for 25,000 may be the best value on the chart. There is no YQ on these routes either.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver, A3 Gold, EK Gold, HH Gold, Sixt Dmd
US to Central America would be a great deal if at 25,000 miles. Does anyone know if that's the redemption rate?

Central America is not on the redemption chart, yet A3 lists it as a separate region. Anyone know if it counts as North America, or costs more miles?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by somethinpositiv
US to Central America would be a great deal if at 25,000 miles. Does anyone know if that's the redemption rate?

Central America is not on the redemption chart, yet A3 lists it as a separate region. Anyone know if it counts as North America, or costs more miles?
Central America is combined with South America on the reward chart. Accordingly, North America to Central America is 60,000 miles for a Y reward r/t. Here is a table which shows what country is in which region:

http://en.aegeanair.com/Themes/1/Def...demptionA3.pdf
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by bevoinva
Central America is combined with South America on the reward chart. Accordingly, North America to Central America is 60,000 miles for a Y reward r/t. Here is a table which shows what country is in which region:

http://en.aegeanair.com/Themes/1/Def...demptionA3.pdf
bevoinva, that is the same chart that I looked at, and I see no indication that Central America and South America are combined? I see a clear delineation between the two.. am I missing something?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by somethinpositiv
bevoinva, that is the same chart that I looked at, and I see no indication that Central America and South America are combined? I see a clear delineation between the two.. am I missing something?
If you look at the A3 spend miles page, you'll see the are combined: http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...n/spend-miles/
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by bcmatt
If you look at the A3 spend miles page, you'll see the are combined: http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...n/spend-miles/
Got it, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.