Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

'Normal' time for miles to post into Miles and Bonus account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Brief summary of posting times.

Airlines
  • Adria Airways: 5 days.
  • Aegean Airlines: 0 - 4 days (if upgrade voucher used, 0-17 days).
  • Air Canada: 2 - 5 days.
  • Air China: 3 - 9 days.
  • Air India: 1 day.
  • Air New Zealand: 2 - 4 days.
  • All Nippon Airways: 1- 7 days.
  • Asiana Airlines: 5 days.
  • Austrian Airlines: 1 - 9 working days
  • Avianca (Brazil): 1 - 10 days
  • Brussels Airlines: 8 days
  • Copa: 2-3 days
  • Croatia Airlines: 2 days
  • egyptair 7 days
  • Ethiopian: 1 - 5 days
  • EVA Airways: 2 - 6 days
  • LOT Polish Airlines: 1 - 2 days
  • Lufthansa: 1 - 8 days.
  • Scandinavian Airlines: 2 - 7 days (normally 2 - 3 from hubs, longer from outstations).
  • Shenzhen Airlines: 3 days
  • Singapore Airlines: 3 - 6 days.
  • South African: 2 - 4 days
  • Swiss International Air Lines: 1 - 6 days.
  • TAP: 2 days
  • Thai Airways: 2 - 4 days.
  • Turkish Airlines: 3 - 5 days.
  • United: 2 - 7 days

Hotels
  • booking.com: 5 - 7 days after hotel check-out

On-board duty free shopping on A3 flights
  • Around 3 weeks

Greek Airport Duty-Free shops
  • 2-3 days

Heathrow Rewards
  • Around 22 days

Car Rental
  • hertz 2 weeks
Print Wikipost

'Normal' time for miles to post into Miles and Bonus account

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Curiosity got the better of me today (Wednesday) and I called A3 in Athens on their Miles and Bonus "number". No surprise that A3 knew nada about my earlier on-line request for the missing miles and TPs! 🙄

After some searching they "found" my request and supposedly started to act on it. 😜

I will see how long this "re-activation" takes to get the missing TPs and miles ...
Edit: TPs and miles appeared The next morning (Thursday).

Last edited by tmac100; Jan 11, 2024 at 2:45 am
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:07 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Did something change for AC miles accrual policy?
My flight was on AC domestic economy basic - K class.
When I filed the missing miles, the message prompt says error 35 - the specific booking class is not eligible for mileage accrual.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:15 pm

Nothing changed according to what's in the AC table (25%, minimum 125 miles). Why don't you call them?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:06 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As there haven't been any reports on LOT posting time since 2018, an update that these still appear to be extremely quick. Between 23rd - 25th March I flew LHR-WAW-VNO-LCY in Z class.

When I checked late afternoon on 25th, my LHR-WAW flight on 23rd and LHR-VNO on 24th (landing at VNO at 1am on 25th) had already appeared. My VNO-LCY, landing at 5.45pm, appeared by the morning of 26th - so it looks like transactions are crediting within 24h of flight departure.
giorginho and Harper50505 like this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 6:20 am

My M&B anniversary date is July 17th. By late June I will still need about 3648 - (2 x 1058) or 1532 Tier miles - depending on what exactly TAP gives me for my paid for in advance Bus class flight (LIS -MAN). On July 11th I have an AC Bus class flight (YWG - YYC) which supposedly will give 2X 748 Tier miles to A3.

Two questions:
1. Should I pay for the extra 500 Tier miless needed to maintain *G, assuming the AC miles will be according to airmilescalculator.com, or
2. Buy a lot more Tier miles with A3 to make sure?

i suppose I could wait until July 14th or 15th at the latest, but I don't want to risk my *G.

Last edited by tmac100; Apr 25, 2024 at 7:03 am
Old Apr 25, 2024, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by tmac100
i suppose I could wait until July 14th or 15th at the latest, but I don't want to risk my *G.
I can't provide any advice regarding your other questions, but you can purchase miles even on the very last day of your tier's year. If the 17th is the indication in your account under "to retain your tier you need...." then you're good even on the 17th (just make sure the 17th isn't the date printed on your gold card, as that would be the 366th day of your "year" and purchasing miles on that day won't do the trick for you - I assume in your case you card has the 18th printed on it).

Also, a data point from (very) recent first-hand experience is, that if you purchase (or credit, for example via claim missing miles) the "important" miles between 0:0X-ish a.m. and prior to 2a.m. Greek time, then the tier will get updated on the same (working) day. It seems like there's an automated system-wide check anywhere between 2a.m. and 4a.m. (Greek time) each (working) day that sets tiers to what they should be, according to what was credited up until that time.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 11:05 am

The card sez 16/07/2024.
So, I just bought 1500 extra Tier miles. No point in risking my status. 🙄
I just noted that they have already been credited to my M&B account. So, I expect to be safe as *G for another year.
Thank you, giorginho, for your helpful advice.
giorginho likes this.

Last edited by tmac100; Apr 25, 2024 at 11:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.