Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

'Normal' time for miles to post into Miles and Bonus account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
Brief summary of posting times.

Airlines
  • Adria Airways: 5 days.
  • Aegean Airlines: 0 - 4 days (if upgrade voucher used, 0-17 days).
  • Air Canada: 2 - 5 days.
  • Air China: 3 - 9 days.
  • Air India: 1 day.
  • Air New Zealand: 2 - 4 days.
  • All Nippon Airways: 1- 7 days.
  • Asiana Airlines: 5 days.
  • Austrian Airlines: 1 - 9 working days
  • Avianca (Brazil): 1 - 10 days
  • Brussels Airlines: 8 days
  • Copa: 2-3 days
  • Croatia Airlines: 2 days
  • egyptair 7 days
  • Ethiopian: 1 - 5 days
  • EVA Airways: 2 - 6 days
  • LOT Polish Airlines: 1 - 2 days
  • Lufthansa: 1 - 8 days.
  • Scandinavian Airlines: 2 - 7 days (normally 2 - 3 from hubs, longer from outstations).
  • Shenzhen Airlines: 3 days
  • Singapore Airlines: 3 - 6 days.
  • South African: 2 - 4 days
  • Swiss International Air Lines: 1 - 6 days.
  • TAP: 2 days
  • Thai Airways: 2 - 4 days.
  • Turkish Airlines: 3 - 5 days.
  • United: 2 - 7 days

Hotels
  • booking.com: 5 - 7 days after hotel check-out

On-board duty free shopping on A3 flights
  • Around 3 weeks

Greek Airport Duty-Free shops
  • 2-3 days

Heathrow Rewards
  • Around 22 days

Car Rental
  • hertz 2 weeks
Print Wikipost

'Normal' time for miles to post into Miles and Bonus account

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:45 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I've never bought anything at the Hellas Duty Free, other than Athens either.

And, of course, if your M&B number is in the booking, just showing your boarding pass is enough - you don't have to show the card. That's how I first found out about points from the shops - I had no idea until some suddenly arrived in my account.
I just discovered this, as I bought something at ATH and didn't even think about earning miles so it was a nice surprise to see some appear a bit later. Fortunately my search skills are not too bad and I found this post, otherwise I would have started a new thread and made a fool of myself.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Wow - M&B posting is on steroids
Austrian miles posted 1 day after flying, Aegean posted some hours after flying (same day !).
Old Sep 22, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
I have a missing miles request for a NZ flight that shows status "74-" with no comment/explanation. Does anyone know what that means?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Best to call and ask - those issues are resolved much quicker over phone...
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:11 am

Yep, my personal statistics show that <95% of FTers have an allergy against telephones and are completely dependent on info from FT! Clearly, a medical case!
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Was quickly resolved and posted by contacting Aegean indeed! (and I still have no idea what the issue was)
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:19 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Wow - M&B posting is on steroids
Austrian miles posted 1 day after flying, Aegean posted some hours after flying (same day !).
The wiki does say 0 days for Aegean, perhaps you should update it for Austrian.

Originally Posted by KLouis
Yep, my personal statistics show that <95% of FTers have an allergy against telephones and are completely dependent on info from FT! Clearly, a medical case!
Well, I hate calling Aegean because the UK number uses some sort of redirection to Greece, and my phone uses VoIP. So they can never hear me and I can barely hear them, and also as Greeks do they speak very quickly which doesn't help. I basically need a >10Mbps internet connection before anything can happen. When I do manage to get a working connection they always deal with the issue quickly and correctly, but I wish more things could be done without calling.

Last edited by :D!; Sep 23, 2019 at 12:24 pm
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club (Gold), Aegean M+B (Gold), Hilton Honors Gold, Mariott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by KLouis
No need to get upset, you can ask them for the miles in a few days...
Thanks for calming me down.

I did a retroclaim on A3's website, and 1-2min. after sending out the retroclaim request, my miles magically appeared in my transfer history.

Old Sep 26, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
I used booking . com for hotel booking and was supposed to get about 1k miles total - however in statement I see hotel booking but zero miles, tier and award. Any experience or I might just be good to call?
Old Sep 26, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by 747jetter
I used booking . com for hotel booking and was supposed to get about 1k miles total - however in statement I see hotel booking but zero miles, tier and award. Any experience or I might just be good to call?
You mean the hotel booking is visible on your M&B statement but showing zero? It sounds like you have a Together Account and you have to click on the 'Together Transactions' tab to see the miles - only Tier Miles show on your own transactions.
romans likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 7:46 am

btw people can you tell me how is it with codeshared flights? I also flew SAS SK9408 (VIE-ARN) BUT operated by Austrian, booking class: L.

Will be this flight credited as SAS flight (100% miles) or as Austrian (0%) ? Originally booked as SAS flight but this one has not been credited yet - flew 14.9) what's your experiences? bless

just quick update on this... of course it wasn't eligible to earn any miles to M&B because of OS - L booking class, instead of that I did retro-credit to Miles & More and received full Y booking class miles, see screenshot:

Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Yeah I had together account - explains it all. To OS, Star Alliance is about which metal is it.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter
Yeah I had together account - explains it all. To OS, Star Alliance is about which metal is it.
I expected to earn exact amount of miles which I should received. I received Y class instead of L
Old Sep 27, 2019, 6:51 am

2 days for SAS flights and 1 week for hotel booking through aegeanair/booking
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Four sectors on TP all now posted in 48 hours. The booking classes - in business remained a mystery until I saw the posting however I think if you book on Expedia you can see the booking class which you can't on the TAP website or on their tickets.

FWIW I thought TP and LIS were way below A3 and ATH on every front, the food was particularly awful and the lounge at LIS dreadful - I noted A3 use a contract lounge there which looks better than the TP one and certainly has better reviews.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.