Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3*G Challenge: who have the most creative routing to achieve *G in shortest time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3*G Challenge: who have the most creative routing to achieve *G in shortest time?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:08 am

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Wyvern do you happen to know if the 1K bonus also counts?
Yes - so you only really need 19k in total to get Gold or 3k for Blue.

Originally Posted by wyvern
Perhaps other members with experience of this could comment?
I qualified from 19036 miles

Last edited by BalbC; Dec 25, 2011 at 3:18 am Reason: memory failing was 10 miles out
Old Dec 25, 2011, 5:02 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by kaka
TK HKG-LAX U fare ([email protected]/eur on the day i bought the ticket=811USD).
you only need 1 run. if you can bear the LAX turnaround (145min), then Departing HKG 2315, arriving LAX 1525+1. then fly out at 1745+1 and arrive HKG at 1540+3

23712miles (at 100% earn rate)
3.42cpm
64.5 hours (spare 5 mins)
Oh yea. I have done HKG-IST-LAX a few times in CC (U Fare) when TK has a 'promo' fare earlier in 2012...

Still have a LAX-IST-HKG coming up...

TK U fare in CC is great! Will do that over AC J on A320/A321 anytime!
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Oh yea. I have done HKG-IST-LAX a few times in CC (U Fare) when TK has a 'promo' fare earlier in 2012...

Still have a LAX-IST-HKG coming up...

TK U fare in CC is great! Will do that over AC J on A320/A321 anytime!

I'm doing this in March, quite excited about it actually.

So, the U fare is 100%? I read US Air now credits 125% for this TK CC U fare.

But *G for 3 years is really appealing for $800
Old Jan 1, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold + Aegean Airlines Gold
Question 19.000 Miles in the shortest time possible. Ideas?

I am trying to get 19.000 tier miles in the shortest possible time and at the lowest possible cost. Any ideas how to achieve this? I wonder because half of all classes on SK do not earn miles with M&B so obviously they are not worth flying with. If you have any ideas for a trip that include IST it would be even better. My main hub is CPH.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...test-time.html
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold + Aegean Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by SirJman
Im thinking crediting this weeks mini-mileage run to A3.

ICN-NRT-HNL/LIH-LAX-LAS-DCA-DTW-EWR-IAD-LAX-SFO-ICN

With the 1000 mile bonus credit it would put me Gold in for just a touch over 1000USD.

As I want to get away from Aeroplan next year, and sadly I only fly around 45,000-50,000 miles a year, so I also have the option to crediting to OZ. I am familiar with the OZ website, but I do like the idea of getting 3 year *G through A3. Im just worried, I read that if you use lounge access and don't credit to A3, they will cancel your card. Any truth to that?
No, this is not true, but to use the G* card to access the lounge you need to credit your trip to your Aegean card. Some lounges cannot see where you credit your point but those who can will refuse you entry in some cases. In most cases the Gold card will get you entry no matter who you fly because if the staff is in doubt they need to let you enter.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:53 am

I am just 1084 miles shy of the 20,000 requirement for Gold. What is the quickest and cheapest route to gain additional 1084 miles? I am based in Boston.

BTW, does booking hotel through Aegean booking.com website also count toward the tier miles?

Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Aeroplan Refugee Here...

Any ideas ex-YYZ to get instant *G?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zhaofl
I am just 1084 miles shy of the 20,000 requirement for Gold. What is the quickest and cheapest route to gain additional 1084 miles? I am based in Boston.

BTW, does booking hotel through Aegean booking.com website also count toward the tier miles?

Thanks!
no, hotel miles don't count towards status.

BOS based, I'd look at an CLT or FLL roundtrip. Good sales come up from time to time.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: *G, KLM Plat, Avis PC, SPG Plt, Hyt Plt
Originally Posted by Danois1975
No, this is not true, but to use the G* card to access the lounge you need to credit your trip to your Aegean card. Some lounges cannot see where you credit your point but those who can will refuse you entry in some cases. In most cases the Gold card will get you entry no matter who you fly because if the staff is in doubt they need to let you enter.
I believe the only way your boarding pass will reflect *G status is if you have the Aegean FFN on your ticket. Additionally, if you want to get free bags, I think you will have to at least start off with the number on your ticket. You can always ask an agent at the lounge to change it back some time before you leave to the gate.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
With BMI on the way out I've been using up some of my miles with them. Planning a trip to NZ later in the year but when looking for routings came across a fairly good SWISS fare in business. Given the good things I've heard about their new lie-flat seat I thought I'd go for it. It's not going to win on value for money, but will save 75k of my BD miles for presumed transfer to Avios and will get me A3*G in one go.

DUB-ZRH-BKK-SIN/(BD redemption to/from AKL)/SIN-BKK-ZRH-DUB

All in Z class (200% earning on LX) but the BKK-SIN sectors on on SQ metal as LX codeshares so I'm suspicious they'll only earn at 125% instead (as Z class on SQ) - has that been other people's experience?

Mileage:
DUB-ZRH 771+771 = 1,542
ZRH-BKK 5,632+5,632 = 11,264
BKK-SIN 876+219 = 1,095
Total = 13,901 each way, 27,802 total

Cost £1,728/$2,695 = 9.69cpm

As I say not the best value for money but for going Swiss business it's pretty good. Also if I'd done a redemption it would still have cost around £450 in taxes, so the real cost to me is closer to £1,278/$1,994, which means a personal cpm of 7.4 (not forgetting I also gain A3 miles and save BD miles, a total of around 100,000 miles).

Can you tell I've been justifying it to myself?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
The other way for your BP to reflect *G status while you credit to another FFP is to have a *G number in the FQTS (status/services/'non-accrual') field in your booking and the non-*G programme you wish to credit to in the FQTV ('main'/accrual) field.

Many *A airlines appear to be able to handle this - although some may not, either because of technical requirements or policy thought FQTS is mandated by IATA so in theory should be available on all IATA carriers. On SQ for example, the FQTS will only accept a SQ Krisflyer number, as that is the way their systems are set up.

If the airline will enter the numbers accordingly, you status (and both FFP) appear to print on most airport printed boarding passes and those airlines like NZ that scan BP at lounge entry to determine eligibility should admit you to the lounge.

You need to be careful that the numbers have not been entered the wrong way round as from other posts this has sometimes happened!

If you cannot get the airline to enter a FQTS number for a given flight, then as others have written, there is always the option of having the *G number in the FQTV field when checking in and then changing the number in or after using the lounge.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So, we are flying YYZ-NRT-BKK r/t, will that give us Star Gold with Aegean?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So, we are flying YYZ-NRT-BKK r/t, will that give us Star Gold with Aegean?
If in economy then you'd be 392 short at 18,608 (+1,000 sign-up bonus = 19,608). See http://www.milecalc.com/mileage-calc...=nrt&city3=bkk
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I am pleased to announce that my *A *Gold on A3 is done. I did not do it cheaply but it sure was (mostly) fun. 20818 total miles.

I flew the European leg of SMD3 in business class Z for about $2400 in early September (roughly 48 hours from first takeoff to last scheduled landing, but the flight was late for a mechanical which added several hours to the trip) and then ORD-MSP on UA in discounted FC, A fare of $217ai on Sunday night.

1000 miles, sign up bonus
7674 miles, JFK-FRA on the LH A380 (200%)
1000 miles, FRA-MUC in LH NEK, minimum for German Eurobusiness
1000 miles, MUC-FRA in LH NEK, minimum, flight delayed for fog at FRA
8644 miles, FRA-ORD, badly delayed for mechanical, bused to 747
1500 miles, ORD-MSP in UA discounted FC, minimum miles for FC on UA (300%)

ADDED. By the end if the business day in Athens, my account upgraded to Gold and my account activities indicate a card upgrade as of today. However, I cannot add a seat preference to my profile and when I look at my account, it no longer shows any status miles with expiration dates indicated. Maybe I really am lifetime *Gold providing that I continue to credit a flight to A3 every year or three to keep the account active.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 12, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.