Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3*G status match with Oneworld or Skyteam?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3*G status match with Oneworld or Skyteam?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GavB
Just been status matched on A3 with my BMI DC Gold Card - was already silver -
1 03.05.2012 - - - BDSM-BMI Status Match Campaign 2012 0 16000

took about 5 days. E mail received stating gold card will be received within 2 months
Status Match Campaign. That's interested. Why on earth would A3 suddenly start matching people unless they want to follow bmi's DC approach or, more probably, this is part of an alliance-wide matching campaign.

I should be mentionned in the BMI forum as well, I think.
Old May 3, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (GGL/CCR) A3 Gold VS Gold Emirates Gold Alitalia MMGold HH Diamond SPG Gold
only applied tongue in cheek really due to the low 20000 limit for gold membership. Reports on BMI forum of A3,TK,SAS status matching BMI DC so maybe it is an unofficial (or unannounced) star alliance matching campaign??
Old May 3, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
only applied tongue in cheek really due to the low 20000 limit for gold membership.
Did you mention in your application that you look forward to flying with them

Reports on BMI forum of A3,TK,SAS status matching BMI DC so maybe it is an unofficial (or unannounced) star alliance matching campaign??
It would be interesting if it's the case as it may be an opportunity for a LH status-match, usually unavailable, and probably a better match than A3's M&B for economy flyers.
Old May 3, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (GGL/CCR) A3 Gold VS Gold Emirates Gold Alitalia MMGold HH Diamond SPG Gold
It would be interesting if it's the case as it may be an opportunity for a LH status-match, usually unavailable, and probably a better match than A3's M&B for economy flyers.[/QUOTE]

I think its targetted only at the poor BMI diamond clubbers following their departure from star. Cant seee M and M doing gold status matches with other star golds
Old May 3, 2012, 9:29 am

I think its targetted only at the poor BMI diamond clubbers following their departure from star. Cant seee M and M doing gold status matches with other star golds
Of course, I was speaking of LH matching ex-BMIs
Old May 3, 2012, 9:42 am

that might be wisshul thinking as they have sold to IAG who are offering BA status matching at equivalent level but we can live in hope I guess - DC gold matched to BA gold and LH gold would certainly be a result!
Old May 3, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive

took about 5 days. E mail received stating gold card will be received within 2 months
Contact info please?
Old May 3, 2012, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Gamecock
Contact info please?
As per the initial FAQ sticky contact info - just e mail [email protected] with a copy of your BMI status card and a copy of the statement page from BMI account. took about 5 days
Old May 3, 2012, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Richelieu
Status Match Campaign. That's interested. Why on earth would A3 suddenly start matching people unless they want to follow bmi's DC approach or, more probably, this is part of an alliance-wide matching campaign.

I should be mentionned in the BMI forum as well, I think.
My son, who (still) lives in Barcelona was recently matched to M&B gold status due to Spanair's (was gold there) going out of business. The matter was "handled" (simple question -> done!) by the BCN office of A3, at least this is what he understood. My own understanding is that *A airlines must have decided to match such requests from programs that are no longer in the alliance on an "ad hoc" and, certainly, non-fussy basis.
Old May 7, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold and Virgin America for a few months

Were you BMI Gold for 2011 or 2012 ?

I was BMI Gold for 2011 but since they were going out of business did not even try for 2012 and put my miles on UAL

Would be nice if they matched the 2011 status

Soarer
Old May 8, 2012, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by soarer
Were you BMI Gold for 2011 or 2012 ?

I was BMI Gold for 2011 but since they were going out of business did not even try for 2012 and put my miles on UAL

Would be nice if they matched the 2011 status

Soarer
My BMI Goldmembership year (not card) expires end of this month so was still valid, not sure they would comp you if card expired but it doesnt hurt to try I guess
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, HH DIA, SPG Plat
I have a question regarding the Delta SkyMiles Challenge.

It says "In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90-days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90-days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®."

Do they really mean flights on Delta only or do they mean MQMs that I could also collect flying other SkyTeam Partner Airlines?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by LennartH
I have a question regarding the Delta SkyMiles Challenge.

It says "In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90-days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90-days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®."

Do they really mean flights on Delta only or do they mean MQMs that I could also collect flying other SkyTeam Partner Airlines?
Why on earth do you post this here?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, HH DIA, SPG Plat
Because of this posting.

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Hi,

I signed up here: SkyMiles Medallion Status Match Challenge

If you were matched to Gold, you have to collect 16'000 DL MQM within 90 days.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by LennartH
Because of this posting.
Yes, but this is easiest answered by calling Delta, or posting in the Delta "area". It certainly is not a rule that A3 sets.

Last edited by KLouis; Sep 27, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.