Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

How long for my A3*G card to arrive? [Timeline to "new" M+B transition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for my A3*G card to arrive? [Timeline to "new" M+B transition]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
My son got the Gold card upgrade on April 4, 2012 and he got his gold packet delivered today (April 25). We're on the East Coast - USA. This must be a record for speedy delivery!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:58 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Both MrsNWIFlyer and I qualified on 23rd March, and the cards were received today in the UK. Seems to lend credence to the theory that that is a single printing run each month given bevoinva's son's experience.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Qualified on 18th March - Blue Card arrived in Canada today - I dont plan on Gold until last days of December, so hopefully when that card comes on early 2013, it will have an expiry of Dec.2016.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Qualified on 18th March - Blue Card arrived in Canada today - I dont plan on Gold until last days of December, so hopefully when that card comes on early 2013, it will have an expiry of Dec.2016.
Card expiry doesn't really say anything, again! Your account will stay active as long as you're posting one flight within 36 weeks of the last flight posted. (Hotel stays and other non-flight activities don't keep it active)

If you fail to fly within 36 months, your account will become deactivated, and you'll have time until the end of the year to retrocredit a flight you'd taken in the past (within the 36 months) to re-activate it. That's why you always get 3 years + till years end when you reach your status. So don't think you can fly as late as Dec 2015 to renew your account, it will be gone if you do so. At least one activity every 36 months to keep it active is required.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 1:05 pm

My experience has been a little different. I qualified for Blue on Feb 15 and for Gold on March 21. Today I received a Blue Card in the mail.

Hopefully Gold will come soon. Is it just an envelope as well or is it a package of some kind?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 1:54 pm

Getting Gold on A3

Achieved Gold April 2, received Gold Card (and baggage tag) April 26. Card good until 12/2015.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA, DL, A3
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Card expiry doesn't really say anything, again! Your account will stay active as long as you're posting one flight within 36 weeks of the last flight posted. (Hotel stays and other non-flight activities don't keep it active)

If you fail to fly within 36 months, your account will become deactivated, and you'll have time until the end of the year to retrocredit a flight you'd taken in the past (within the 36 months) to re-activate it. That's why you always get 3 years + till years end when you reach your status. So don't think you can fly as late as Dec 2015 to renew your account, it will be gone if you do so. At least one activity every 36 months to keep it active is required.
I can't understand what YuropFlyer tried to tell us.

Your account will stay active as long as you're posting one flight within 36 weeks of the last flight posted.
I dont plan on Gold until last days of December
36 weeks of the last flight (in Dec 2012) posted should be Dec 2015. It means rankourabu should fly at least once before Dec 2015.

But I don't understand why YuropFlyer told that

So don't think you can fly as late as Dec 2015 to renew your account, it will be gone if you do so. At least one activity every 36 months to keep it active is required.
I think flying by Dec 2015 should be okay.
Did I miss something?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
If you don't credit every 36 months, your account will be canceled. So, even if a card issued in December 2012 has a 12/2016 expiration date, he will have to credit a flight in December 2012+36 months = December 2015 at the latest.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Richelieu
If you don't credit every 36 months, your account will be canceled. So, even if a card issued in December 2012 has a 12/2016 expiration date, he will have to credit a flight in December 2012+36 months = December 2015 at the latest.
I understand that card validity/keeping account active are not the same

I actually thought it was if you dont credit within 12 months to keep account (and *Gold) active.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 7:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I understand that card validity/keeping account active are not the same

I actually thought it was if you dont credit within 12 months to keep account (and *Gold) active.
My understanding is that the rule is that you must credit a flight within 24 months but have an additional 12 months to sort out that the flight was properly credited.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Both MrsNWIFlyer and I qualified on 23rd March, and the cards were received today in the UK. Seems to lend credence to the theory that that is a single printing run each month given bevoinva's son's experience.
Almost exactly the same qualification and receipt of card dates for me, adding further weight to the theory.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:01 am

I also received my Gold card this week and qualified mid march
Old May 1, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: G3 - Diamond / A3 - Gold / AD - Sapphire
Hi,

Gold upgrade on March 27, card arrive yesterday April 30. I'm in Brazil
Old May 2, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Gold card upgrade March 2. No card as of today (May 2nd). This is really getting to my nerves. However accessing the lounges have never been a problem without the card, not even Lufthansa in MUC.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
It took 6 months for my card to arrive. Why? Because they dropped the 0 at the beginning of my zip code, and the USPS got confused and sent it to a sorting center, where it sat in backlog for 6 months.

A warning for anyone with a 0xxxx zipcode...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.