Wiki Posts
Search

A3's Fast Track Security Airport List

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
A3's Fast Track Security Airport List

Fast Lane access in more airports for Gold Miles&Bonus Members!

We announce that the option to access Fast Lane before the Security Control has expanded in more international airports, and also in Heraklion and Thessaloniki airport. Just display your Gold Miles&Bonus card for immediate access to your boarding gate and reduce your waiting time. Enjoy the highest level of recognition and benefits designed to make your Gold travel experience more comfortable and convenient.

Airports boasting Fast Lane are:
  • Athens
  • Heraklion new!
  • Thessaloniki new!
  • Brussels new!
  • Dusseldorf new!
  • London-Heathrow new!
  • Milan-Malpensa new!
  • Rome-Fiumicino new!
  • Stuttgart new!
  • Tel Aviv new!
Old Aug 5, 2011, 6:48 am

^ ^ ^ ^
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus *S
Great news fro me since BRU is my home airport (I still have to attain gold though :P)
Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WC_EEND
(I still have to attain gold though :P)
LOL

At BRU you have nice fast track security channel. This thing with the barcode stickers really works ^
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:34 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by potakas
LOL

At BRU you have nice fast track security channel. This thing with the barcode stickers really works ^
How does this work? In what way is it different than stamping a BP for instance?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
How does this work? In what way is it different than stamping a BP for instance?
I'm actully quite curious about this myself, seeing as I have never used it (or seen it for that matter) myself
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

They stick a barcode sticker on your boarding pass, in order to gain access at the fast track lane you scan the barcode, it works automatic and makes sure that no-one without permission will get there .

Here is the photo that I got last time I was there.

You scan your sticker at the place that the red light is. It is very nice as the fast track lane is always empty/fast.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Last time I passed through BRU I just scanned the regular barcode on the boarding pass (BA though - I guess A3 boarding passes don't have barcodes then?)
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
Last time I passed through BRU I just scanned the regular barcode on the boarding pass (BA though - I guess A3 boarding passes don't have barcodes then?)
Everytime exBRU I am flying with Malev. So, I can't really say.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 2:27 pm

I feel like an idiot for saying this, but I passed that very spot a few weeks ago and did not even notice it was there.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 9:38 pm

Programs: NH Plat
Fast Lane Access

One published benefit of A3*G is Fast lane security access at certain European airports (Athens International Airport, Heraklion, Thessaloniki, London-Heathrow, Brussels, Rome-Fiumicino, Dusseldorf, Madrid, Milan-Malpensa, Stuttgart Airports and Tel Aviv). Little is said about this privilege except access is gained "simply by displaying your Gold Miles&Bonus card ".

I just tried this at LHR T3 on an ANA flight and ran into a bit of trouble. I showed by A3*G card and boarding pass to the security officer, but he didn't want to let me in because my card was Aegean and my boarding pass was ANA. He said that they had "guidelines from the airlines and my card had to be relevant to my flight". I showed him that the boarding pass said A3*G and had my A3 card number on it - but still he persisted that my card was not "relevant" to my BP. Eventually he gave up arguing and let me through, but warned me that "they" might not let me through further on. There were no further BP checks and quickly got through fastlane security and had no other problems.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the rules are on Fastlane access - I did think maybe that it didn't apply to T3 LHR, but as he recognised that my card would give me access if it were "relevant" makes me think that it has something to do with the rules. Going by the security guy and his guidelines it would seem ok if you fly on Aegean, whether or not you are crediting miles to A3. I thought it would be like lounge access - ok on a *A flight if you have your A3 number on your BP. Of course the A3 website, unless I've missed something in the T&C, suggests that the only qualification is having the card, regardless of with whom you are flying. Any ideas?

TBH, due to the way it is set up FastLane T3 doesn't speed you up that much, but it does spit you out directly in departures, obviating the need to take a long walk through shops first.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:50 pm

Fast track is independent of *A, i.e. it's between the airport and the individual airline to set the rules for its passengers. In other words, the agent at LHR couldn't care less wether you were *G or not. If you flew coach on A3, you would have gotten an "invitation" to use the fast track lane. Unfortunately these are the rules, yet sometimes you may happen to find a sympathetic or less knowledgeable "lane guardian" who might let you through: in other words, you loose nothing by trying.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Fast track is independent of *A,
Thanks for the reply. I knew that this was an extra benefit of A3 and not a *A perk, but it wasn't clear from the website that this only applied when flying on A3 metal. Your response backs up what the security guy at LHR had been told, so I guess it's another case of there being hidden rules, like those for lounge entry, that are not explicit in the T&C.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by KLouis
Fast track is independent of *A, i.e. it's between the airport and the individual airline to set the rules for its passengers. In other words, the agent at LHR couldn't care less wether you were *G or not. If you flew coach on A3, you would have gotten an "invitation" to use the fast track lane. Unfortunately these are the rules, yet sometimes you may happen to find a sympathetic or less knowledgeable "lane guardian" who might let you through: in other words, you loose nothing by trying.
The airlines offering Fasttrack at LHR to their Elites have to pay LHR airport for the privilege. I am sure it is the same at other airports.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by h15t0r1an
The airlines offering Fasttrack at LHR to their Elites have to pay LHR airport for the privilege. I am sure it is the same at other airports.
I have now checked with A3 and they confirm that fast track for A3 elites only applies when they fly on A3 metal.

I guess I was lucky to be allowed through, but I think it also illustrates how vague the terms of the M&B website are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.