Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2007, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Fairmont Singapore

Raffles The Plaza will become The Fairmont Singapore soon.

Raffles The Plaza, Singapore, will become a Fairmont by year end. "For the longest time, the hotel never sat comfortably with the Raffles brand which is more into individual/residential sanctuaries.

"With Raffles The Plaza, at 760 rooms, it was difficult to provide that individualised level of residential service."

Last edited by Cascadia; Oct 4, 2007 at 4:39 pm
Old Sep 30, 2007, 9:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.

Is this only a one off at this location or part of a larger rebranding move?
Old Oct 1, 2007, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.

Is this only a one off at this location or part of a larger rebranding move?

Not sure. The two new Fairmonts in Europe were Raffles prior though.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 8:13 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
It's a good move.

As long as they continue to keep their 4 brands seperate, they'll lose business through lack of loyalty rewards. I have Fairmont status, so would be unlikely to have stayed at the Raffles.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
It's a good move.

As long as they continue to keep their 4 brands seperate, they'll lose business through lack of loyalty rewards. I have Fairmont status, so would be unlikely to have stayed at the Raffles.
Fairmont FPC members do recieve and earn credits now at Raffles.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 10:58 pm

Programs: Air Canada, BA Executive Club, Accor / Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott
As mentioned here months ago, Raffles The Plaza is now the Fairmont Singapore. It's showing up on the Fairmont website, i.e. www.fairmont.com/singapore
Old Dec 13, 2007, 9:21 am
Original Poster

New elevator posters promoting the Fairmont Singapore went up last night at the Kea Lani.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 3:18 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I was staying at the Swissotel when Raffles the Plaza turned into the Fairmont. A couple of my colleagues were actually staying at the Raffles/Fairmont. The change happened literally over night. All the signage switched over, all the literature, and even the amenities in the bathroom were changed. I ran into a poor woman wandering outside asking people where the Raffles the Plaza was the morning of the change.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 6:17 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Fairmont Singapore

I've watched the rates at this hotel for a while. Finally booked at SG217/night non refundable rate. I used my 3rd Night Free Certificate and my Suite Upgrade Cert for my 4 night stay. After I booked, the Great Rates, Great Dates came out at SG169, but it was too late as my confirmed rate was non-refundable.

I was worried with some reservation issues leading up to my stay, but all was perfect and resolved by the time I arrived to the hotel for check-in. After booking, I was sent an email from the hotel asking to fax photocopies of my creditcard and an authorization form to process my credit card, but a phonecall to the hotel solved it. Note that details in my reservation, including the date requiring full payment to be made were changed after my booking was complete. I saved screen shots, but they weren't needed. The hotel staff was great, and check-in was correct and seamless.

A few problems with the internet, were sorted out quickly. So far, I am quite impressed with the hotel.

Rooms are great. The staff was wonderful upon check-in and through my stay. I took breakfast by the pool this morning. Breakfast and lounge access included with my suite, and of course internet and telephone calls are complimentary for all President's Club members.

Views are good. Location at Raffles City Mall is excellent. Singapore hotels are known for being fantastic, and this one manages to be as good or better than any other. Very happy, and off to a good start to my annual 'room nights' count.

Last edited by seanthepilot; Jan 13, 2009 at 1:25 pm
Old Jan 13, 2009, 9:15 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Views are good. Location at Raffles City Mall is excellent. Singapore hotels are known for being fantastic, and this one manages to be as good or better than any other. Very happy, and off to a good start to my annual 'room nights' count.
Was this hotel the plaza before? If so I stayed there once and thought it was a pretty good location. Sorry I won't be able to make it to the Singapore Do - maybe once airfares to that part of the world drop down again!

Sean - I don't know how you feel about Amex, but the Amex Plat gives accelerated FPC Plat status for 5 _nights_ charged to the card. Plus, a lot of Fairmonts are included in their FHR program which gives free breakfast. You have to phone the FPC Plat desk to apply any certs after making an Amex reservation but otherwise it's easy to combine FPC certs with Amex benefits. I'm using my free night cert at the St. James in Barbados in a couple of weeks - US $942 ++ on the website right now.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:37 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I just posted this in the Suite thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairm...l#post12031772

Fairmont Singapore is awesome. The Plaza suites (2 balconies) are ones to ask nicely for and use an upgrade certificate for! The gym (24 hours) is huge and pool is nicely designed, staff are wonderful... Beats the Hyatt, Ritz, and St. Regis here IMHO.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Fairmont Singapore Is The Official Hotel To Host Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games

http://www.etravelblackboardasia.com...id=63755&nav=1

Fairmont Singapore, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts’ landmark property in Asia, has been appointed as the Official Hotel Partner for the much anticipated and historic first Youth Olympic Games from 14 to 26 August 2010.
“The Fairmont Singapore is extremely proud of this opportunity to be a partner of the inaugural Youth Olympic Games. As the brand’s pioneer property in Asia, the
Fairmont Singapore looks forward to showcasing the best of Singapore, welcoming our guests from all over the world with warm and genuine hospitality, and an experience that truly reflects the distinctive atmosphere of this dynamic country. Given our history of hosting large-scale events, we are committed to making this a memorable experience for those key audiences that will be brought together for the first-ever Youth Olympic Games,” commented Ian Wilson, General Manager, Fairmont Singapore and Regional Vice-President, Asia, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

“With more than a century of hospitality experience, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts looks forward to playing a key role in what promises to be a landmark event for both Singapore and the entire region. As we expand our foothold in Asia with the opening of new properties in Beijing, Kunshan and Shanghai in China, as well as the Philippines and India, we feel that it is fitting for us to unite in the excitement and spirit of the Youth Olympics and celebrate this new tradition,” added Thomas W. Storey, President, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

“We will be welcoming overseas guests from the Olympic family, International Federations, commercial partners, government officials and representatives from the media during Singapore 2010. Visitors staying at the Fairmont Singapore will have ease of accessibility travelling to the competition venues in various parts of Singapore. I am excited to have a valuable partner such as the Fairmont on this journey with us,” said Goh Kee Nguan, Chief Executive Officer, Singapore Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee.

Fairmont Singapore has been involved in hosting a stellar list of high profile and global scale sporting events including the 117th International Olympic Committee (IOC) Session in July 2005, a week-long event which saw over 6,500 officials, delegates, dignitaries and sports celebrities witness London win the bid for the 2012 Olympic Games.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 7:30 pm

Recent Experience?

I'm headed to Singapore for about 5 days in late June. The conference is at the Mandarin Marina but both the Fairmont Singapore and Raffles are just down the street. I am thinking I'd try this property and walk to the conference each day. Anyone have recent experience here? I've got a some room or suite upgrades to burn so also thinking of using it.

Let me know what you all think!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by quank
I'm headed to Singapore for about 5 days in late June. The conference is at the Mandarin Marina but both the Fairmont Singapore and Raffles are just down the street. I am thinking I'd try this property and walk to the conference each day. Anyone have recent experience here? I've got a some room or suite upgrades to burn so also thinking of using it.

I was there a couple of weeks ago - and used my suite upgrade cert - got a beautiful & spacious suite with excellent views. The staff are great - unbelievable service and breakfast in the Prego restaurant is quite nice - fresh squeezed fruit juice (if you ask). And the lounge serves decent wine. You will love it there. Mandarin Marina is a short walk away.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by quank

Dude! The suites are nice.. 800 sq ft.. I was trying to book my parents in because of got extra 5 certs.. but they ended up wanting to visit family instead. Definitely A Plus property to use your suite upgrade!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.