The Fairmont Royal Pavilion, Barbados

Old Jan 15, 17, 3:57 pm

Is an upgrade to a villa a possibility if one is staying on Visa free nights and has the upgrade certs?
Old Jan 15, 17, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
No, and you do not really want the villa unless you need space. All rooms are beach facing except for the villa, which does not have a view.

Note: I was there several years ago, so they could have built new villas.
Old Jan 23, 17, 3:50 pm

Programs: AC SE
no new villas. I recommend a main floor room as you get a nicer deck space.
Old Feb 6, 17, 7:10 am

Do upgrade certs here work with free night certs to put you in "junior suite"?
Old Feb 6, 17, 7:16 am

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by trey View Post
Do upgrade certs here work with free night certs to put you in "junior suite"?
At our last visit (July 2015) this property did not accept the certificates. But the rooms are quite similar - the suites have slightly different decor and the little deck which is directly behind (elevated) the main beach.
Old Feb 6, 17, 10:12 am
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by floridagal23 View Post
At our last visit (July 2015) this property did not accept the certificates. But the rooms are quite similar - the suites have slightly different decor and the little deck which is directly behind (elevated) the main beach.
Correct. Upgrade certs can't be used at this property.

But as you say, the rooms themselves are very similar. The main difference is that the ground floor "unior suites" have a large patio with direct access to the beach while the rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor have a large patio.

I personally actually preferred the former since the patios offer zero privacy.
Old Mar 1, 18, 2:09 pm

any problem using sign up nights with you listed as additional guest? Did they require account user with cert's to produce id? reservations asked pointed questions about was the person making the reservation staying there. This is second room for daughter as I have another using my cert's.

If I have reservation for 2 and show up with 3 (17 year old daughter) will I have problems if we stay in one room and I forget about second room?

Thanks
Old Mar 25, 19, 7:24 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Any recent review of Fairmont Barbados?

There are some mostly positive reviews in this thread, however nothing earth shattering either. I see rates upward of 850 USD per night including tax in early December, almost double other options I am looking at from Small Luxury Hotels which are both below 500 USD. Just looking at price I am sure Hilton is in a completely different category given the price (only 200 USD) but Fairmont 4x higher? There are not many places in the world where I would pay 4x more for a Fairmont than a Hilton. Double price, yes, but 4x, really? And it's not like the SLH options are poorly rated for half price so is Fairmont really worth all that?

Lots of folks here were fairly satisfied of their stay at Fairmont Barbados in this thread, but many were using free night certs. Having never been to Barbados myself I am not sure it's very good value for the money now that certs are gone. Fairmont seems to include stuff like airport fast track and luxury airport transfer but I am not sure I value these things very much.

From @Jasper2009 several years ago:
As I was using some free night certs, it certainly was good value, but if I had been paying the going rate of $600+ I probably would have been slightly disappointed.
Old Mar 25, 19, 10:21 am
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
Any recent review of Fairmont Barbados?
From @Jasper2009 several years ago:
I haven't returned to the property since, but it did undergo an extensive renovation 1-2 years ago.

Rates have increased significantly since then - I guess they're trying to compete with Sandy Lane, arguably the only other hotel in the 4.5*-5* segment.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Mar 25, 19 at 10:26 am
Old Apr 28, 19, 6:59 am

Any recent updates on this property? Thanks in advance.