Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Royal Pavilion, Barbados

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thanks for the detailed review!

1) My apologies if my memories were faulty. I do remember that the ground floor patios were larger than the upper-floor balconies, but I thought that most of the ground floor patio space was sheltered by the balcony above. So are the ground-floor patios fully exposed or are they partly sheltered?

2) For those guests whose rate doesn't include breakfast: That must be the most ridiculously expensive breakfast I've ever seen at any Fairmont: $45USD+ for an omelette. Wow!

3) At least according to the Fairmont website, only guests staying in a suite receive complimentary transfers from/to the airport.

4) The website also lists "daily comp. afternoon tea" for suites and "comp. afternoon tea once every 7 days" for Signature Oceanfront rooms, and the Luxury room's description doesn't mention afternoon tea.

IThat just sounds bizarre. Did you happen to learn anything about their policy? I'm pretty sure there used to be comp. afternoon tea for all guests. If it's only complimentary for suite guests, I guess iit's just a few guests partaking each day?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 7:21 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Thanks for the detailed review!

1) My apologies if my memories were faulty. I do remember that the ground floor patios were larger than the upper-floor balconies, but I thought that most of the ground floor patio space was sheltered by the balcony above. So are the ground-floor patios fully exposed or are they partly sheltered?

2) For those guests whose rate doesn't include breakfast: That must be the most ridiculously expensive breakfast I've ever seen at any Fairmont: $45USD+ for an omelette. Wow!

3) At least according to the Fairmont website, only guests staying in a suite receive complimentary transfers from/to the airport.

4) The website also lists "daily comp. afternoon tea" for suites and "comp. afternoon tea once every 7 days" for Signature Oceanfront rooms, and the Luxury room's description doesn't mention afternoon tea.

IThat just sounds bizarre. Did you happen to learn anything about their policy? I'm pretty sure there used to be comp. afternoon tea for all guests. If it's only complimentary for suite guests, I guess iit's just a few guests partaking each day?
1. I confirm that the ground balconies are fully exposed (except if you want to use an umbrella) but there is no roof. The balconies of rooms above ground are entirely aligned to be exactly above the living room of the suites on the ground floor. So there is more space both indoors and outdoors with the suites.
2. I do not recall seeing rate types that did not include breakfast; it might always be included for everybody? Breakfast is not cheap but please note that prices are Barbados dollars so that omelette would be 22.50 USD not 45 USD
3. I did not notice that the airport transfer was only for suites, I see on the website now that it is the case - you are correct. I think when I booked there was a rate package for any room type which included the transfer which led me to believe it was normal for everybody but I guess not.
4. Ah I never noticed about daily afternoon tea. There were always staff and butlers walking around offering if we needed something but I did not ask so unfortunately I cannot provide guidance on this benefit I certainly did not receive a reminder at check-in.
Jasper2009 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 4:21 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone stay here recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.