Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Mercure or Novotel in Milton Keynes, UK ... ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:20 am
MHG
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SK, Accor, Carlson Rezidor

Need some input from someone with experience with both of them.

Me and Mrs. MHG are going to stay in MK for 3 nights in April for a family meet.
We will have a car.
I am still undecided whether to stay in the Mercure or Novotel.
Both are almost exactly the same distance from our relatives home so no preference in that regard.
Judging the photos availlable the Mercure is slightly more appealing to me but slightly pricier, too ...
What´s missing are photos of Novotel´s bathrooms. Can´t find any in the net.
Since Mrs.MHG is very picky regarding bathrooms I´m a bit in doubt re Novotel.
Any differences in breakfast and staff between both hotels ?

So far - as much as I could gather infos - my scale tips slightly towards the Mercure but I have no idea whether one or the other has had recent refurbishments or is in dire need of that ...
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:28 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
We had a nice stay at the Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel, in Jan this year. The rooms are fairly new. The Annex was better than the main building. Plenty of car parking, and almost near MK.

Breakfast was good, but a little quirk is that they include filter coffee in the price, but other coffee ( espresso etc ) is charged for.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:51 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
I agree with the Woughton House comment, it is usually cheap enough, even when they have events (they host weddings "most days" I was told). If you can get a room in the annex it is a quieter, although when I was in the main building I didn't hear any noise from the event that night. I quite liked the Velux windows in the annex, where we could watch the stars from the bed.

I did struggle with plat recognition for anything other than the welcome drink (they asked me to pay for change from a twin room to a double room, although they are in the same category and cost the same price).

I haven't tried any of the other hotels as this one does seem to be the best Accor in town and great value.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Had excellent plat recognition, one level upgrade on our room, and a nice room for the other family members. Also free mini bar ( and not just the water )..Think we were allocated the "Turpin Room or Suite" on the ground floor.

There was no sign of any wedding when we stayed ( Early Jan )

It is set out to be a wedding venue though so maybee worth checking before booking, and we did email prior to arrival.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: ALL Platinum, Hilton Gold, British Airways
Nice stay also at the MGallery Woughton House last October, platinum upgraded to a suite in the annexe which was very nice. The restaurant is good too and plenty of free parking. My room and the public rooms refurbished to a good standard (what would be expected of an MGallery) and very reasonable rates - wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if in the area.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:58 pm
MHG
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SK, Accor, Carlson Rezidor
I had considered Woughton House but unfortunately they are fully booked on the dates I need ...
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:50 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MHG
I had considered Woughton House but unfortunately they are fully booked on the dates I need ...
So much for the Platinum availability guarantee ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.