Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Banyan Tree Buy 2 Stay 3 with Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Banyan Tree Buy 2 Stay 3 with Mastercard

Hi, I didn't see anything about this so I thought I would let you guys know. First the link:

https://www.banyantree.com/en/offers/mastercard-offer

I should note that when I tried to book it, it did NOT give me all room types. However, I *was* able to combine this with the Citi Prestige (a Mastercard) 4th night free, so I basically got a 4 night stay for the price of two. Score! I booked an Imperial Retreat villa at the Banyan Tree Yangshuo. We're rather looking forward to this, as Banyan Tree is typically out of our price range but at essentially 50% off with the Prestige benefit it was too good of an offer to pass up!

Hope someone else gets to take advantage of this and enjoy.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:47 pm

Hi Baroqen, I also own a Citi prestige card and just called Citi concierge about this, sadly they said these 2 offers cannot be combined. So it's either 2+1 or 3+1.

As you said you made the booking, can I ask if you called Citi Concierge for this booking? if so, can I have the name of the hotline represetative so I can also make my booking as well?

Thank you
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:23 am
Original Poster

I called the concierge. Don't ask them any questions about whether it can be combined, just ask them to apply the MASTERCARD promo code. It's very typical for them to say "No you can't" to anything out of the ordinary, but a publicly available promo code can always be used, and this is publically available on their website.

The only exception is if the Banyan Tree you want to stay at isn't participating or is booked out for the dates.

However, if I remember correctly, my concierge's name was Jasmine. But like I said, I didn't ask if it could be combined, I asked if she could apply the promo code.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I see sometimes Accor promos using MasterCard, not only at Banyan Tree.

My wet dream to have one day a co-branded amex/accor card seems very far ...
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dav77
I see sometimes Accor promos using MasterCard, not only at Banyan Tree.

My wet dream to have one day a co-branded amex/accor card seems very far ...
You might have a better chance at a Chase co-branded card, lol. Or who knows.... with the way Capital One has been going lately, maybe they'll co-brand with Accor.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by baroqen
You might have a better chance at a Chase co-branded card, lol. Or who knows.... with the way Capital One has been going lately, maybe they'll co-brand with Accor.
unfortunately no chase, no capital one, nothing of nothing in Italy, with any hotel chains.

the most enjoyment I can have is a co-brand Amex / Alitalia ...
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:09 am

At the end I found the Banyantree Shanghai is actually doing buy 2 get 1 free without needing to put in the promocode.

Besides, the total discounted stacking these perks should be 43.75%, but still a very nice deal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.