Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

What does an Accor Hotel "see" of the guest in the system ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:14 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE

This may have been asked / answered before .... if so sorry and please move

Just back from two weeks in South France, doing normal tourist stuff

On check in at a franchised Mercure, got the "feeling" that although we are Platinum status, because of our last four stays at Ibis ( was told this ) we "not suitable for upgrade", as did not fit the clientele profile of the establishment.

The stay was not impressive.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by hotel_user

On check in at a franchised Mercure, got the "feeling" that although we are Platinum status, because of our last four stays at Ibis ( was told this ) we "not suitable for upgrade", as did not fit the clientele profile of the establishment.

An Accor Platinum is "not suitable for upgrade" because profile has been tarnished by an Ibis stay ?

Were you checking in at a Four Seasons or a Ritz Carlton perhaps with very bad, poor training and despiteful attitude ? Or was it a lowly, regular three to four-star Mercure that needs an urgent downgrade to an Ibis Styles, due to their below than poor service ? Inquiring minds do want to know !
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:06 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
[edited due to rules violation]
Was it explicitly said that the reason for refusing the upgrade is because you stayed at Ibis before ?

Last edited by starflyergold; Oct 5, 2018 at 6:14 am Reason: FT rules
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
it's completely unacceptable.
Write Accor CS and ask for a compensation. It's not for the compensation itself (usually 500 to 1000 points), but the hotel has to pay Accor for this compensation and generally it pushes the hotels to better train their employees.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:52 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

This was the GM who said this..... so doubt that in this case.

She said our profile was Ibis stays ( nothing wrong with an Ibis for a short stay doing tourist things away from hotel ) It was not said in so many words, but our feeling was that we were not the clientele she wanted at the hotel. Indeed was told by reception when we got charged for a welcome drink....... never to come back to this hotel. ( GM was in office behind reception and refused to come out to discuss this )
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:03 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Disgusting and unacceptable.
I'm actually surprised that the hotel can see your previous stays - in my experience using the Opera PMS, the hotel can only see your previous stays at that particular property, though perhaps there's an updated version since I last worked Accor Front Office.
dimon84 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
My stays at Accor hotels was exclusively at Sofitels and Fairmonts .... I guess on the next stay, the hotel should roll a red carpet for me and send a sedan chair carried by 4 of their bellmans to pick me up from airport !

Jokes aside, its very ridiculous for a hotel to judge customers based on their previous stays.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:23 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
While I do see that some hotels might think that some platinum card holders might be not worth their status recognition because reaching platinum is just so easy with Le Club, such behaviour is just unacceptable. I mean that's if when flying Business Class they'd deny you lounge access because you flew Economy on your last flight.

As kaien7 mentioned I do expect a red carpet being rolled out for me if ever visit the hotel, as I only have stays with Fairmonts. (Which with the Airline Class comparison would probably be First Class).
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Out of curiosity to op, do you have Ibis Business card attached to your LCAH account?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:17 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

No

Platinum Card and Meeting Planner only.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:44 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi hotel user,

I'm sorry for this inconvenience.
Could you provide me please with next information, it will allow me to investigate your case:
  • Hotel name
  • Your member's account (in Private massage)
Thanks in advance,
Amy

Originally Posted by hotel_user

Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:23 am

I hope Accor can "discipline" those hotels that failed to provide benefits to the members according to programme t&c.

The main reason I shift most if not all of my stays this year to SPG/MR (and manage to reach their ambassador level) is Accor's hotel consistency of not providing benefit as per programme's own T&C.
Some hotel refuse late check out flat out. Some agree with early check in, yet the room is not ready when I arrive.
Never get any upgrades even though the Accor apps show plenty of availability and only 1 hotel (So Singapore) acknowledge that and apologise. The rest, just act nothing happened and if I did ask .. the answer is typical "we are fully booked"
starflyergold and derfliegel like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Partly answering OP's question: a couple times at a specific property in Brazil, they (mistakenly?) gave me a printout at check in which depicted my "profile" within that specific hotel. It showed my total points balance and history of reservations (including cancellations) at that specific property. But there definitely wasn't any information on previous stays at other properties...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.