Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Full Customer name shown on some Accor reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Full Customer name shown on some Accor reviews

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Angry Full Customer name shown on some Accor reviews

I was looking at the reviews on accor.com and noticed they actually show some reviewer full names.

On the reviews, they also show the management responses that are emailed to the customer. Looks like there's no guarantee that the customer name is removed from the response before it's published.

Checked the latest three hotels I reviewed, my name was either shortened or replaced by the review nick, but on all three hotels there was at least one customer name visible. Alerted Accor fb team a week ago, but got no response - so don't really think they take this too seriously even if they claim "You can enter a nickname and no other personal data will be displayed." on the review pages.

First names were often visible, btw, but don't think that is too bad.

Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
When you respond to their customer survey, it is made very clear that if you enter your name, it will appear on the review on the hotel page. Nobody’s obliged to enter a name. Personally, I never enter neither my real name, nor a pseudonym.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

As you see on the pic, the customers did not use their names on their reviews. These are only shown on the Management responses. First review was anonymous, second by "Cindy V" and third by "Malcolm V" - these were not their real names that the management reviews show, not even their real first names.

Last edited by aapee; Jun 20, 2018 at 4:08 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: ALL
You should escalate you request to [email protected] . They will be able to action it ASAP. Make sure you provide the hotel name as it's not visible here.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:44 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by martin_paris
You should escalate you request to [email protected] . They will be able to action it ASAP. Make sure you provide the hotel name as it's not visible here.
I believe this goes beyond just one property. Seems that hotels have the option to simply click "reply" with an auto template and it fills the name automatically based on cached information. - But thanks for the email link.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Yes, seems like this is a systemic issue - I randomly checked the 3 I remembered reviewing lately. The examples are from three different hotels.

It looks like the process is like gilbertaue said, except that for the web site publishing, they change the name manually - and sometimes forget to do this. Looked my reviews online, on them it was either the nick or first name and the first letter of the surname.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Emailed [email protected], let's see if anything happens.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:56 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear aapee,

Thank you for keeping us informed about this information, and sorry for this inconvenience.
We have immediately contacted our central teams to report them about the issue.
They will intervene to make changes in the anonymization script in addition to the hotel process.

Best regards,
Amy

Originally Posted by aapee
I was looking at the reviews on accor.com and noticed they actually show some reviewer full names.

On the reviews, they also show the management responses that are emailed to the customer. Looks like there's no guarantee that the customer name is removed from the response before it's published.

Checked the latest three hotels I reviewed, my name was either shortened or replaced by the review nick, but on all three hotels there was at least one customer name visible. Alerted Accor fb team a week ago, but got no response - so don't really think they take this too seriously even if they claim "You can enter a nickname and no other personal data will be displayed." on the review pages.

First names were often visible, btw, but don't think that is too bad.

aapee likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Earlier got a feeling it wasn't taken seriously, really.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
I believe you are correct about that.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Back to that feeling - the Accor response was totally generic. Will be interesting to check the site in a few months time.

Case N° : xxxxxx

Dear Mr. AAPEE

You contacted us about the difficulties you encountered on our accorhotels.com website and I would like to sincerely thank you for these comments. Please be assured that they will be forwarded to the relevant department.

Your opinion is essential for us to understand your needs and develop our services so that we can guarantee you a unique experience with AccorHotels.

Thank you for your trust and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

We look forward to welcoming you to one of our hotels soon.

XXXX
AccorHotels Customer Care
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:20 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
This is totally unacceptable and violates privacy. Sofitel Frankfurt, too, seems to use full names when replying to anonymous customer feedback. I have also alerted Accor about this issue.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Stop giving feedback on their site. Give it on sites that matters, like Tripadvisor.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:39 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I received the same absurd reply than aapee. "Difficulties on accorhotels.com." Yeah, sure. I don't even get why the case has been forwarded to the (useless) customer care.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:57 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Based on what I see, this is still happening.
I will alert the CNIL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.