Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Sofitel Sydney Wentworth giving Club Sofitel access - temp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One, NZ*S, Koru, Accor Le Club Plus Platinum, BW Diamond, Marriott GOLD

Hi,

Recently I have been to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and they are giving complimentary access to Club Sofitel for Platinums till the end of the year as a pilot.

Additionally, they give me a voucher for a free bottle of wine or points.

My tripadvisor review is below:

I enjoyed the stay. It's important that Sofitel Sydney recognises the loyalty of le club members. The voucher - points or a bottle of wine - was a really nice arrival gift. Additionally, complimentary access to the Club Sofitel for Platinums. Hopefully, you will offer this permanently, not only temporarily (31 Dec 2015).

Room upgraded to a luxury room without any problem. Early check-in and late check-out no problems. Extra bathroom amenities - no problem.

All staff was exceptional. From check-in experience with Ann, through all of the stages of staying at the hotel. Especially people in the Club Sofitel were remarkable. Remembering drink preferences after a night shows that they treat their guest with due respect and they really want to deliver the best customer service.

It's a pity that the hotel doesn't have a swimming pool - but probably nothing can be done with it. Maybe they could offer a free vouchers to the swimming pool if someone asks or make an arrangement with other accor hotel which has it. I don't think it will be a lot of queries over the month.

I have seen that during breakfast no longer fresh orange juice or evian water were served. That's a bit of step down. Additionally, a selection of omelets were pretty basic.

Good selection of food at Club Sofitel. Water so good, tastes like evian, even it is not evian.

Reservations manager really helpful and professional.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to my friends and hopefully I will be back. Hopefully, the hotel will extend a lounge offer on a permanent basis.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUse...th_Wales.html#
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by Jacek_C
Hi,

Recently I have been to Sofitel Sydney Wentworth and they are giving complimentary access to Club Sofitel for Platinums till the end of the year as a pilot.

Additionally, they give me a voucher for a free bottle of wine or points.

My tripadvisor review is below:

I enjoyed the stay. It's important that Sofitel Sydney recognises the loyalty of le club members. The voucher - points or a bottle of wine - was a really nice arrival gift. Additionally, complimentary access to the Club Sofitel for Platinums. Hopefully, you will offer this permanently, not only temporarily (31 Dec 2015).

Room upgraded to a luxury room without any problem. Early check-in and late check-out no problems. Extra bathroom amenities - no problem.

All staff was exceptional. From check-in experience with Ann, through all of the stages of staying at the hotel. Especially people in the Club Sofitel were remarkable. Remembering drink preferences after a night shows that they treat their guest with due respect and they really want to deliver the best customer service.

It's a pity that the hotel doesn't have a swimming pool - but probably nothing can be done with it. Maybe they could offer a free vouchers to the swimming pool if someone asks or make an arrangement with other accor hotel which has it. I don't think it will be a lot of queries over the month.

I have seen that during breakfast no longer fresh orange juice or evian water were served. That's a bit of step down. Additionally, a selection of omelets were pretty basic.

Good selection of food at Club Sofitel. Water so good, tastes like evian, even it is not evian.

Reservations manager really helpful and professional.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to my friends and hopefully I will be back. Hopefully, the hotel will extend a lounge offer on a permanent basis.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUse...th_Wales.html#
Extremely good to know even if it is only short term (hopefully of course it continues )
Old Jan 15, 2016, 1:10 am

I have been informed by management that club benefits are available for platinums for January as well. Hopefully they will extend this offer past January.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 1:58 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by louissamc
I have been informed by management that club benefits are available for platinums for January as well. Hopefully they will extend this offer past January.
What a way to extend a normally deserving benefit for plats. Can't they just make up their mind instead of dangling a carrot a month at a time?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
What a way to extend a normally deserving benefit for plats. Can't they just make up their mind instead of dangling a carrot a month at a time?
+1. Pathetic
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
And that was the reason why I voted with my wallet last year in SYD and booked at Pullman Sydney instead of Sofitel.

But if they decides to participate in full (and not temp - cannot risk if they were to extend or not extend or withdraw the extension), I will give it due consideration.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:53 pm

Hmmm......it's end of March now. What's their latest offering?
Am planning a visit to Sydney.
Thanks.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:26 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chs68
Hmmm......it's end of March now. What's their latest offering?
Am planning a visit to Sydney.
Thanks.
Club access has been a feature for some time now, note the post before you was last year. Even with club access, the hotel is not one I visit, it's a dump.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:00 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by markis10
Club access has been a feature for some time now, note the post before you was last year. Even with club access, the hotel is not one I visit, it's a dump.
Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour is coming November 2017 (assuming no delays, haha!). I look forward to seeing what people have to say about it once they've stayed!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:33 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by markis10
[...] the hotel is not one I visit, it's a dump.
While "dump" is over the top, I'd agree that there are many more pleasant alternatives with far more friendly prices. There aren't many cities where I'd choose a Mercure over a Sofitel. Sydney is one of them.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:22 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IMH
While "dump" is over the top, I'd agree that there are many more pleasant alternatives with far more friendly prices. There aren't many cities where I'd choose a Mercure over a Sofitel. Sydney is one of them.
It's old, poorly insulated against the incessant bus noise outside, and on my last visit featured a mouldy aircon and poorly cleaned room, not to mention a club lounge that resembled a pub at cocktail time with very poor service.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel...uth_Wales.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.