Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

As Platinum you're now entitled to "Late check-out or early check-in upon request"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As Platinum you're now entitled to "Late check-out or early check-in upon request"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
No standard time early check-in limitations for accor?
They didn't write it in t&c.
Base on SPG Plat75 with your24
Early check-in is 9.00 and late check-out is 16.00
Old May 28, 2019, 8:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
I stayed at Novotel Rennes Center last saturday (night from saturday to sunday). As I took part in a sports competition on Sunday, I needed to keep the room in the afternoon to have a shower.
Knowing that I am platinium and that novotels are advertising that "Make a leisurely departure on Sundays thanks to our late departure option" (https://novotel.accorhotels.com/gb/family/index.shtml), I asked for a late chek-out at 5pm.
The hotel offered me a free late check out at 2pm but asked 25€ for a 5pm late check-out. Despite a very long and unpleasant discussion with the receptionist I had to pay 25 € for the benefit of the late departure.
Is there any standard time late check-out limitations for accor ?
Old May 28, 2019, 9:08 am

As a Gold Member, have regularly requested early check in and late check outs and have never had a problem and have the never been charged any extra. Times can differ from hotel to hotel but have generally got what I wanted if requested before hand or while at the hotel. Also I have never had any problems with room upgrades when I request them as well.
But the small print does say subject to availability.

Last edited by MEM83; May 28, 2019 at 9:14 am
Old May 28, 2019, 9:12 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by nrouxel
I always understood this to be 4pm.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
There is no set standard as far as I know...I've been offered only until12:30 in some places and up to 5pm in others. Depends both on country and individual property.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I stayed at Novotel Rennes Center last saturday (night from saturday to sunday). As I took part in a sports competition on Sunday, I needed to keep the room in the afternoon to have a shower.
Knowing that I am platinium and that novotels are advertising that "Make a leisurely departure on Sundays thanks to our late departure option" (https://novotel.accorhotels.com/gb/family/index.shtml), I asked for a late chek-out at 5pm.
The hotel offered me a free late check out at 2pm but asked 25€ for a 5pm late check-out. Despite a very long and unpleasant discussion with the receptionist I had to pay 25 € for the benefit of the late departure.
To clarify my question: until what time is late check out free and when does it get charged (for a platinium member) ? In this case 2pm was complimentary, 5pm was not .
Old May 28, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
To clarify my question: until what time is late check out free and when does it get charged (for a platinium member) ? In this case 2pm was complimentary, 5pm was not .
your question was clear since the beginning, but the answer can’t be so clear ...

Unfortunately there is not a rule on Accor complimentary late check out for Platinum Member... not possible to answer your question, if not by ideas or opinions or hope ...

Marriott, for example, allow guarantee late check out for Platinum Members up to 4.00 PM. Every time I check in i’m asked if I need late check out.

Late check out at Accor is “upon availability”.

It means you could have complimentary late check out at 6.00 PM (i’ve got that some times and even complimentary Club Millesime allowance until 8.00 PM) or you could be asked to pay just to check out at 12.30 PM, if official check out time is 12.00 PM.

It means it depends on ...thousands things ...

i understand it’s a non sense, but that’s it.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
For me, early check ins and late check outs are the best benefit Accor offers, and I usually get them without a problem. If I arrive very early (~9am) I usually email the hotel beforehand. Sometimes the desired category room is not available (have had a lot of early check ins at mercure Wittenbergplatz for example) and I've had to wait maybe for an hour for them to get the room ready.

The only hotel that insisted on a payment on the late check out after 2pm has been mercure Riga. That time I actually booked a room from the ibis cross the street, because the room was cheaper than the late check out fee at the mercure.

Mainly travel in Europe..
Old May 28, 2019, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
As Starflyergold said above, 4 pm has always been a kind of “norm” (subject to availability) but I would be in trouble to show you a written proof of that (IIRC, it was written somewhere when the program was improved a few years ago, but it’s not anymore). Of course, in the pure French midscale Accor hotels tradition, they do what they want and their best to not grant any benefit to status customers. If the hotel was fully booked or close to that evening then they were “right”. But if they proposed you to pay it means that they had the availability and they just wanted to rob you and not comply with LCAH rules. So it’s just another hotel to put on your blacklist (and on mine too). In the mean time you should complain and ask for the reimbursement of the 25€ fee.
MSPeconomist and hotel_user like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
The last time I was booking a Novotel in Warsaw for a fri-sun stay, I remember there was an option to add late checkout until 17.00 for 0 EUR during the booking process, which I used. So it is certainly 17 on Sundays.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I checked (with the receptionist) that there were many vacancies (hotel was far from fully booked), so it was not a "subject to availability" problem.
I complained to Accor's CS, but their first answer was "Novotel Rennes charges 25€ for a late check out after 2pm"... without any reference to being Platinium.

Thanks to dimon84, I simulate a new booking on the site accorhotel.com and this time I read the small lines : "Extend your stay until 5PM to make the most out of your departure day. Remember Novotel offers this service for free on Sundays".

I'm going to complain once again, but this time with the right arguments
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
As Starflyergold said above, 4 pm has always been a kind of “norm” (subject to availability) but I would be in trouble to show you a written proof of that (IIRC, it was written somewhere when the program was improved a few years ago, but it’s not anymore). Of course, in the pure French midscale Accor hotels tradition, they do what they want and their best to not grant any benefit to status customers. If the hotel was fully booked or close to that evening then they were “right”. But if they proposed you to pay it means that they had the availability and they just wanted to rob you and not comply with LCAH rules. So it’s just another hotel to put on your blacklist (and on mine too). In the mean time you should complain and ask for the reimbursement of the 25€ fee.
The battle was long and hard, but finally I was refunded of the 25€ fee, and I got a compensation of 5000 points for this situation
starflyergold, Dav77 and Goldorak like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.