FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   As Platinum you're now entitled to "Late check-out or early check-in upon request" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1671760-platinum-youre-now-entitled-late-check-out-early-check-upon-request.html)

cwl Apr 13, 2015 11:29 am

As Platinum you're now entitled to "Late check-out or early check-in upon request"

I've just moved to Platinum from Gold. The email notification received notifying me of the change reads:

"You get to keep all your current benefits. Plus, you will discover the privileges of Platinum status, including:
• Late check-out or early check-in upon request(2)
• Guaranteed room availability up to 2 days before your arrival"

One of the differences between Gold and Platinum status I thought was with Gold it was either or but both with Platinum.

Has there been a change to this benefit for Platinum status?

Zana711 Apr 13, 2015 12:02 pm

As Platinum, you're meant to get both early check-in and late check-out but in practice, I have rarely gotten either, let alone both, even when I call ahead or email the hotel ahead of time, I still don't get the benefit. I've just come to expect this for Accor hotels.

I get especially annoyed when hotels make a huge deal about giving me early check-in as a Platinum member. Most of the time when I stay with other hotel chains, the hotel is happy to check and typically will give me early check-in if the room is available.

Last week, I was in Ibis Cardiff. I had completed online check-in before I arrived and had advised that I will arrive by noon, both at the time of reservation and when I completed online check-in. When I showed up, the reception made a huge deal about needing to check with the manager on duty and that this is a "once-off" as the hotel normally would not let someone check in so early.

It's a worthless benefit as far as I'm concerned.

tartempion Apr 13, 2015 12:27 pm

I guess it depends....
Two weeks ago I mailed Grand Sukhumvit Bangkok asking early check in, response was OK if we have room ready. I arrived at 10.45 and got my room within 5 minutes, well got upgrade to suite as per platinum rules.

I did pay for a late check out rate at 4pm, not taking any risk, asked for 5pm and was granted. I did get a call from reception at 4pm however asking when I would leave my suite, told them about the 5pm agreement and all was fine.

drewp123 Apr 13, 2015 3:26 pm

I was going to say it's an inclusive, not an exclusive, "or" meaning you get both. However, after reading the first two comments it seems that the "upon-request" should read "if-available and hotel decides it's ok".

strayersong Apr 13, 2015 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Zana711 (Post 24658828)
As Platinum, you're meant to get both early check-in and late check-out but in practice, I have rarely gotten either, let alone both, even when I call ahead or email the hotel ahead of time, I still don't get the benefit. I've just come to expect this for Accor hotels.

I get especially annoyed when hotels make a huge deal about giving me early check-in as a Platinum member. Most of the time when I stay with other hotel chains, the hotel is happy to check and typically will give me early check-in if the room is available.

Last week, I was in Ibis Cardiff. I had completed online check-in before I arrived and had advised that I will arrive by noon, both at the time of reservation and when I completed online check-in. When I showed up, the reception made a huge deal about needing to check with the manager on duty and that this is a "once-off" as the hotel normally would not let someone check in so early.

It's a worthless benefit as far as I'm concerned.

That's weird. So far I've requested early check-in once (12pm, Ibis Coventry) and late check-out 2-3 times (3pm, Novotel Blackfriars and Novotel Excel) and it was never a problem.

starflyergold Apr 13, 2015 6:00 pm

I have availed of either and both on several occasions, it's never been really a problem unless the hotel was full. The only problem I had was with a Novotel at 8am but once the card was flashed check in was done immediately.

They really try to accommodate Plats pretty well.

gilbertaue Apr 13, 2015 8:42 pm

I agree. Has worked well for me - even in Europe! With early flights into major cities I always check in early and in many cases stay till 4pm, after asking for it the night before, at no additional charge.

Certainly it depends on the hotel load, but I have not had problems so far.

MTTN Apr 17, 2015 1:36 pm

I booked a room at a Sofitel and emailed the hotel that I want an early check in, I got a reply that I have to pay for that because it's not a benefit of my Platinum card. Huhm strange, it says so on the accor site. So on the day I just checked in early, but needed to wait 20 minutes to get the room ready and in the meantime wait in their lounge.
On the day of check in I also requested a late check out, but I had to contact front office on the day of check out for availability. Another strange thing, according to the benefits it says on the day of arrival I should request late check out. Anyway on the day of check out I had to contact fo and they tell me they are running full and could only give me until 1pm in stead of 4pm. What a bs I said, you have a lot of rooms available and that I will come to their office. So I arrived there and granted me the late check out without any discussion. I don't know if in the meantime they checked the many nights I stayed there the past 2 months, but I would definitely not take no for an answer.
This we are running full, or no room available bs is a common thing in the hotelbusiness. But I would not leave it at that. One time I even got my money back for the early check in, after contacting the manager. And guess what, the girl at the frontdesk picked up her own wallet and had to hand me the money back. Maybe that is the way to have them teached how to treat customers, because the manager really got angry at her.

starflyergold Apr 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by MTTN (Post 24680734)
And guess what, the girl at the frontdesk picked up her own wallet and had to hand me the money back. Maybe that is the way to have them teached how to treat customers, because the manager really got angry at her.

That is a bit extreme no? I for one would have told the GM to get a grip as this reflects more badly on the hotel than the check in agent who made a mistake.

gilbertaue Apr 17, 2015 7:25 pm

As Platinum you're now entitled to "Late check-out or early check-in upon request"

Somewhat extreme. If she doesn't know better it's not her fault.
Which hotel didn't grant early check in when contact via email? (the one who mentioned that it's not part of a plat benefit).

tartempion Apr 18, 2015 4:07 am

I often check in early at Sofitel Sukhumvit but have to wait often say 30 minutes for room preparation (faster that what is told at check in desk)
They always ask me if I want late check out, but I always have a flight before 1400; thus not needed.

MTTN Apr 18, 2015 6:00 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 24682131)
Somewhat extreme. If she doesn't know better it's not her fault.
Which hotel didn't grant early check in when contact via email? (the one who mentioned that it's not part of a plat benefit).

This was the only Sofitel in Manila.

Suggs99 Apr 21, 2015 9:30 am

Had the same reply concerning paying from an early checking from the Novotel in Dubai, World Trade Center. I land at 7.30am and asked for either an early check in or somewhere to shower and change as I was heading straight to a conference and meeting. Was initially told it was not a benefit and I had to pay. After asking them to explain I was told that I would have to pay if I arrived before 9am and I may not have to pay if I arrived after 9am and the room was ready?

As an aside at the ibis Brighton the other week, I almost had to beg for late checkout. My better half was run the marathon and I wanted to be able to secure her a shower. In the end we got a 3pm checkout, we were maybe a few minutes late back, and then had a cleaner waiting outside the room who developed a really bad cough!!! Can't think why :-)

JTCz Apr 22, 2015 11:42 am

I actually did had issues with checking in early of recent, and sometimes I arrive as early as 10 AM. I never EXPECT that, but I almost always get it without asking - whether prepaid or not, the room is waiting for me and I just have to sign.

MTTN Apr 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 24682096)
That is a bit extreme no? I for one would have told the GM to get a grip as this reflects more badly on the hotel than the check in agent who made a mistake.

I don't think that is extreme, better they should make a plate with worst employee of the month.
The agent did not make a mistake. I want to pay the early check in fee, but the agent deliberately told me the hotel is full bs when I wanted to check in, while another guest checked in minutes after me at another agent, for same roomtype was asked if he wanted to check in right away for the early check in fee.

That's why I contacted the manager, hours later after check in and paying the fee for check in before normal check in time, because I do not take this kind of behavior.
After the manager got the facts straight, the outcome is obvious.