Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:46 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Thanks for the review wkndtraveler.
Is it just me or a bad impression on the pictures, but I find the room decoration and furniture somewhat basic for the price they charge ?
Our dear Moderator would call that “IKEA chic”
I think it must be a Dutch thing. Incidentally, the rates wkndtraveler paid are similar to that junior suite at the Swissotel
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
If you look on the website for room types the furniture in the prestige suite looks pretty average (nothing too flashy). I have good memories of this property and hope the service when arriving is much nicer than what you experienced. The butlers are good though we were not offered a oil bath. Maybe next time..
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:39 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Yes, the butler service is awesome.

I find the furniture to be okay. Simple, comfortable and workable.
Old May 3, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Sofitel Grand - Amsterdam Booking Through Concur

I have two reservations made through Concur and I'll like to verify those reservations with the hotel. How do I do this? I've been in contact with the concierge, but they don't show the confirmation number I provided (from Concur) as a valid reservation #. The reservations show as confirmed on Concur's website and in the app.

Many thanks,
Jayson
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:51 pm

any recent stays here? Debating this hotel or the waldorf amsterdam for next April
Old Oct 22, 2022, 10:10 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by atojbk
any recent stays here? Debating this hotel or the waldorf amsterdam for next April
From my post above you can read we were there in late May this year. Fantastic experience all around. Love the apartments in the canal house - my wife's ended up being the bigger space, but my son and I liked our layout better. Food was very good, staff at breakfast were so friendly. The butlers and staff were all very kind to our three kids (10/10/7) and they had a great time in the pool. The canal boat tour booked with the concierge was super convenient, too - it was across the street (30 steps). I have no hesitation recommending Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam and will stay here again when visiting this unique city.
ABG and atojbk like this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:51 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
First stay as a Limitless member at this hotel.

A very friendly welcome with some champagne or water offered upon checking in. I opted for water as the only alcohol I drink is a whiskey-based cocktail. Front desk staff saw that I had been at the hotel before and thanked me for my loyalty and gave me the standard welcome drink voucher.

In terms of upgrades was given the Prestige Suite, which whilst nice doesn't come close to the upgrade I got in 2020 where I was given a suite/apartment that perhaps is not even listed during booking - a full-on duplex apartment with very stylish furniture 3-4x the size of this suite (can dig up a video somewhere if people want). I understand that upgrade likely was an exception and possibly was quite lucky there, though hotel occupancy in Amsterdam is very low right now, and as a Limitless member I'd have hoped for at least the equivalent of back when I was a Diamond member. Staying solo this time and also as opposed to last time this time I booked the base (Classic) room as opposed to the Superior room I had booked last time. Also didn't explicitly ask about any further upgrades.

Was assigned a butler who took me to the room and and brought up some drinks afterwards too. Very friendly gentleman. Small chocolate welcome amenity was ready in the room too. No other perks as of right now, including no breakfast as far as I'm aware which does make Accor the only chain that does not even include breakfast (except weekends) for their highest tier members. Only just commenced my stay but food and staff do seem great though (as always).

Last edited by Synthesis; Jan 10, 2023 at 7:51 am
Old Jan 12, 2023, 6:36 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Synthesis
First stay as a Limitless member at this hotel.

A very friendly welcome with some champagne or water offered upon checking in. I opted for water as the only alcohol I drink is a whiskey-based cocktail. Front desk staff saw that I had been at the hotel before and thanked me for my loyalty and gave me the standard welcome drink voucher.

In terms of upgrades was given the Prestige Suite, which whilst nice doesn't come close to the upgrade I got in 2020 where I was given a suite/apartment that perhaps is not even listed during booking - a full-on duplex apartment with very stylish furniture 3-4x the size of this suite (can dig up a video somewhere if people want). I understand that upgrade likely was an exception and possibly was quite lucky there, though hotel occupancy in Amsterdam is very low right now, and as a Limitless member I'd have hoped for at least the equivalent of back when I was a Diamond member. Staying solo this time and also as opposed to last time this time I booked the base (Classic) room as opposed to the Superior room I had booked last time. Also didn't explicitly ask about any further upgrades.

Was assigned a butler who took me to the room and and brought up some drinks afterwards too. Very friendly gentleman. Small chocolate welcome amenity was ready in the room too. No other perks as of right now, including no breakfast as far as I'm aware which does make Accor the only chain that does not even include breakfast (except weekends) for their highest tier members. Only just commenced my stay but food and staff do seem great though (as always).
Did get breakfast comped (without asking) so that’s a nice positive (would have been 45€ per time).

Overall, a great stay and a few very lovely staff members.

Booked a massage too - apparently the spa is rated one of the highest for a city hotel globally. The massage was good but not excellent.

Drink voucher was good for any drink. Had an Old Fashioned as always and it was excellent!

One downside is that you can not stream to the TV’s in the room with an iOS device, nor can you use a hdmi cable despite being able to connect it as there is no option anywhere to select a different source input on the remote nor on the tv menu.

Still one of my favorite places to stay in Amsterdam and will return with my wife next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.