Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2004, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Exclamation The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda

I am thinking of doing a three night stay in Bermuda the beginning of December. Has anyone been to this property before or after the renovations following the hurricane last year?

Property looks very nice but I want to make sure.

Any help is appreciated.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
You may have looked here already. Generally positive on a quick scan:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...n_Bermuda.html
Old Aug 24, 2004, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Thanks for the reminder. I hadn't got around to checking yet. I do find that with tripadvisor people either love it or hate it which can often be confusing. Anyway, thanks for the link.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
It is the reasons they hate it that can be useful to know. ie. The food was expensive!! Well no guff Sherlock, it ain't a Holiday Inn Express with a free breakfast bar, or the view was sub-par - again you likely need not worry about that as a frequent Fairmont guest
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC - SE, SPG - Platinum, HGP - Diamond
Exclamation The Fairmont Southampton

Has anyone stayed here? Any experiences to share?

I'm celebrating my fist anniversary there later this month and an quite excited (especially since all four nights are free and in the "romance" suite).
Old Jul 6, 2005, 11:19 am

Programs: AP*SE, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, FPC Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I spent 3 days in Bermuda in Feb '05 this year, 2 nights at the Hamilton Princess and 1 at Southampton - personally, I MUCH preferred the Southampton. Not that there was anything really 'wrong' with the HP, the Southampton was just a plusher, newer, more luxurious hotel overall.

The Southampton is a gorgeous property, with terrific staff and beautiful rooms that I found more modern than the Hamilton Princess. In both cases I'd used a free night and suite upgrade cert. I checked in early at the Southampton (11am) and didn't expect a room at that time and stated as much. However, I was told my room was ready - unfortunately, when we went up, the room wasn't made up yet! (Though it looked like the previous guests had departed, and it was certainly an amazing, huge, beautiful room with a great view). Not a great start, however, after MUCH apologizing, we were offered a room on the Gold Floor (oh, darn!) - very happy with that. The Willow Stream facility is totally awesome, especially the gym, what a terrific view from there. Pool(s) are great, and I used my 'free massage cert' - also great. The Willow Stream front-desk staff were a bit cold and disorganized, but once you're past them it really is wonderful. We had dinner at...ummm...don't recall the name, but it is the more casual Italian place with the antipasto 'bar', and the antipasto was very good, the rest of the meal wasn't quite up to Fairmont standards, but certainly wasn't bad. Overall, I would go back in a heartbeat, it was a very relaxing, wonderful stay, and my best wishes for an equally terrific time!

Oh, and we didn't do the 'beach thing' because it was Feb (brrrr....), though we did go for a walk down there and it looked wonderful too.

Keeping in mind that you're a long way from "town", or if you're headed anywhere other than Hamilton (free Fairmont shuttle for that if I recall correctly), don't hesitate to use the public bus system. Very simple, frequent service, and cheap - though they drive like maniacs! (you get there fast, though )
Old Jul 9, 2005, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wolvie007
Has anyone stayed here? Any experiences to share?

I'm celebrating my fist anniversary there later this month and an quite excited (especially since all four nights are free and in the "romance" suite).
I hope you had a typo for your 1st anniversary vs fist anniversary
Old Oct 28, 2005, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
Fairmont Southampton Bermuda

Fairmont Southampton

Oct 05

This is my second stay with my family

The hotel and country are both great.

Climate is very good

Can strongly recomment the Jet Skiing

Request a high floor and sea view where possible

Gold Floor Rooms look exactly the same as deluxe rooms (and they're pretty similar to the Fairmont Rooms apparently)- however the gold floor access is well worth it - staff couldn't be more helpful or friendlier than the Gold Floor ones. Reception + Concierge in lobby usually busy

Great indoor pool + jacuzzis which guests can use for free between 18.30-24.00 or you can pay - it's in the Willow Stream Spa area - very quiet +empty +good views.

Junior Suites - quite large - mine had very noisey air con though

Outdoor Pool is small + busy

Beach is great - beautifulsand + sea

Can strongly recomend the Newport Room + Waterlot Inn (both seriously expensive though)

Breakfast is very good

Lots of surcharges are added to the room rate

It has also become a bit of a conference hotel

On balance would go again.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 5:14 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Bermuda Southampton for $99

Internet special via Fairmont.com
Check out the link: http://www.fairmont.com/southampton/...9hourssale.htm

For stays till Mar 31, 2010!!!! $99 a night.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:46 pm

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Good deal. Just spent 4 days there on the NFAF rate. Solid 3.5/4* out of 5. Great for relaxing, those I recommend the Hamilton Princess for a more 'cosmopolitan' experience.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 4:39 pm

Programs: United 1K
I stay away from booking Bermuda in December when it's very cold.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 5:27 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jaguar
I guess "cold" is relative. I have been to Bermuda twice around Christmas and thought the weather was fine (mostly in the 60s during the day). It is great weather for walking around, dining, and shopping. Check out the average temperatures here:

http://bermuda-guide.info/weather/
Old Aug 25, 2009, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by jaguar
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I guess "cold" is relative. I have been to Bermuda twice around Christmas and thought the weather was fine (mostly in the 60s during the day). It is great weather for walking around, dining, and shopping.
Los Angeles, CA vs. Norway, ME should explain the difference in opinion
Old Dec 6, 2009, 3:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Travelzoo: Fairmont Southampton Bermuda Xmas $199/nt with $100/nt resort credit

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/caribbean-mexico/705467

Spend the holidays in style at the luxurious Fairmont Southampton in
Bermuda. Stay for $199 per night and get a $100 resort credit daily. The credit can be used at one of the resort's award-winning restaurants, the golf course, or the spa.

Offer is valid for stays Dec. 20 - Jan. 4 including Christmas and New Year's Eve. A four-night minimum stay is required, and the offer must be booked by Dec. 15.

The AAA 4-Diamond resort is also offering a wide-range of free holiday activities including:

Wine, champagne and cognac tastings
Culinary demonstrations and cookie making for the kids
Boat excursions and family hayrides
Yoga and Pilates on the beach
Christmas caroling and bedtime stories in the kids' camp
A visit from Santa & his elves including gifts for children
New Years Eve parties
Less than a two-hour flight from the East Coast, the resort overlooks both Bermuda's Great Sound and the Atlantic Ocean. It features a private beach club and complimentary ferry service to downtown Hamilton.

To Book: Click here and use the "Book Now" button at the bottom of the page to book online. Rates are nonrefundable and require full prepayment. We recommend booking online, but you can also call 877-570-5556 and ask for promo code PHOS.

Note: An additional 7.25% government tax, $9 resort fee and $10 gratuity charge (per person, per day) are added on to this rate at checkout.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 5:13 pm
Community Director Emerita

That is amazing, and a true sign of the recession. I am shocked to see that rate over the yearend holidays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.