Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:57 pm

Suite Upgrades at the Southampton

Just wondering what I can expect using a suite upgrade certificate at the Southampton in Bermuda...and if there are 2 Double bed Suites or a Pull out Sofa.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by ant1029
Just wondering what I can expect using a suite upgrade certificate at the Southampton in Bermuda...and if there are 2 Double bed Suites or a Pull out Sofa.

I was upgraded using the suite upgraded certificates to a 1bdrm suite and there was a pullout sofa and king bed, but that's what I requested, so not sure if there are 2 doubles in the some of the suites. That being said, the suite was very large (the closet was almost the size of a small hotel room in itself)... great value when they had that 72 hour sale last year... I think it was only $149/nite and who knows what it would have actually cost regular price.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: Air Canada, BA Executive Club, Accor / Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott
The 1 bedroom suites at Fairmont Southampton offer either a king bed or two double beds. A pullout sofa is also available provided with both of those options.

Here's a link to the description on the Fairmont.com website: http://www.fairmont.com/southampton/...uitesIndex.htm
Old Mar 19, 2010, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Spotlight Offer: $89 pp, includes Breakfast

Spotlight Spring Spectacular Bed and Breakfast

What color do you think of when you think of Spring?

Pink, of course. And Bermuda has plenty of that. Endless stretches of pink sand, little pink houses and, of course, the very pink Fairmont Southampton. Yet there are other colors that make up the Bermuda palette, like lush greens dotted with little white balls, a shimmering turquoise sea... a blue sky... a golden sun... you get the picture.

Put a little color in your Spring at The Fairmont Southampton.

To have a look at our Easter Programme -April 1st - 4th, 2010, please click here.

PACKAGE INCLUDES:

•Luxury Accommodation with private balcony
•Daily Breakfast
AVAILABILITY:

Offer valid for travel March 19th - May 31st, 2010.

Two night minimum stay is required. Subject to availability and black out dates.

Not applicable to groups or business travel rates and not combinable with any other offers.
For new bookings only.

RATES:

For March 19th - April 21st, 2010 rates start from $89 per person per night based on double occupancy in a Moderate room.

For April 22nd - May 31st, 2010 rates start from $119 per person per night based on double occupancy in a Moderate room.

Tax, gratuities, resort levy and breakfast gratuities are additional.

Rates are non-refundable and require full pre-payment at time of booking.

Please call 1-888-750-1616 or click on the below button.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: SPG, FPC, US
I stayed here May 27 - June 1, 2010 for the second time in a year. I used the NFAF rate but was actually charged $30 less per night than what my confirmation said. I was booked in the lowest room category for the first two nights and then my group decided to upgrade to the Gold floor due to the complimentary food and non-alcoholic beverages. Food is very expensive in Bermuda and the extra $160 per night upgrade charge for 3 nights was a good value.

As with my last experience, the rooms were very clean and well maintained, and the staff was mostly pleasant. A few of the Gold floor front desk agents were somewhat cold and rude, which goes against what the floor stands for. I want to say the attitudes were due to our ages (all under 23) because of watching their interactions with other guests. Our room on the Gold floor had double beds while our first room on floor 2 had queen beds, which doesn't make sense. Turn-down service was completed every night, with free bottled water and cookies.

During the move between rooms housekeeping threw away the beverages we had in the refrigerator, including a bottle of vodka. However, all of these were replaced and the situation was explained to us by an assistant manager as we entered the second room. Very good service recovery.

The hotel restaurants are top-notch and, for the most part, worth the high prices. However, the menus on the hotel web site are out of date so please keep this in mind.

Security at the hotel has been beefed up since my last visit. The Cellar nightclub now features many CCTV cameras and a metal detector. Security officers are now visible on-site 24-hours a day and I ended up helping a guard deal with a drunk patron who fell off of a curb and suffered an open head wound. Surprisingly, an ambulance wasn't called and the security guard told the taxi driver to get him off hotel grounds.

The Waterlot Inn features new outdoor seating along the marina which was very nice and an upgrade from the metal benches there last year.

My main issue with the hotel is that it is somewhat old and not very soundproofed. You can hear people walking above you, doors banging, people talking in normal voices down the hall, etc. The mornings are quite loud because of people packing and checking out.

I will definitely return. This is my go-to hotel in Bermuda.

Last edited by sciguy0504; Jun 2, 2010 at 7:23 pm
Old Jun 2, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: AC SE
I was at the hotel over the memorial day weekend staying on the Gold floor.

First off, please demand a room that is as far away from the lounge as possible. We were located very close to the lounge and constantly disturbed by the noise. Specifically at 6:30am and 11pm (opening and closing) the staff would open and close the gate to the lounge. No human being could possibly sleep through this noise.

Housekeeping was terrible. Toiletries were not replaced during our stay even after repeated requests. Only one bar of soap was provided. Also, we only received turn-down service once during a 5 night stay.

The most shocking to me was the complete lack of service at the beach. No staff at all to help setting up beach chairs etc. And no staff to order food or drinks! If you wanted something you had to walk to the restaurant and order yourself. And the towel booth people were simply rude. I shouldn't have to line up to get a towel - they should be setting up a spot on the beach for me! And for this level of service they have the audacity to have charged me a 20$ a night resort fee and a 24$ a night mandatory gratuity!!!

Gold lounge server staff were pleasant and helpful. But the lounge is way too small for such a large gold floor. I overheard one staff person mention that 173 guest were on the floor. The breakfast offered did not meet my expectations because of the few options offered each day. What they did serve to eat was fine, but became too repetitive by the 3 day. Gold staff were hit and miss. Only Joseph provided the expected level of service.

The Waterlot inn was a hit. I would include the restaurant in any return plans to the area. Overall, I did not find the food and beverage cost to be higher then what I would pay in any other "high-end" resort hotel.

The hotel is not all bad. And frankly given the cost of other options on the island I will probably return. For me this was another typical Fairmont resort. The shame as always with Fairmont, is that with just a little extra effort they could have a really great hotel.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: Continental, BA
Any current deal on this hotel

HI,
I just booked my flight ticket for Jul4-Jul7 and looking for a hotel in Bermuda. It all seems expensive. Anybody have any suggestion or anybody know of any deal on this property. It look like I will have to be spending atleast $300 per night at this time. Thanks
Old Aug 15, 2010, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How much is a taxi to the airport from the hotel? or is it feasible to take the city bus with only a carry-on bag? Is wine/beer free in the Gold lounge?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by boniam
HI,
I just booked my flight ticket for Jul4-Jul7 and looking for a hotel in Bermuda. It all seems expensive. Anybody have any suggestion or anybody know of any deal on this property. It look like I will have to be spending atleast $300 per night at this time. Thanks
A bit late.. I know.. but NFAF had rates below two benjamins. I saw a few package deals with spa that was ok too.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
How much is a taxi to the airport from the hotel? or is it feasible to take the city bus with only a carry-on bag? Is wine/beer free in the Gold lounge?
Water and soft drinks no charge.. when it comes to beer and wine, its' usually honor bar system.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Is wine/beer free in the Gold lounge?
Whenever I´ve stayed on the Gold floor, I had to pay for alcoholic beverages.
Prices are usually the same as the prices at the restaurant, wine: $10-$13, beer: $7, spirits: $10

Anyhow, most people tend to top up the glasses with more wine/liquor than they would be served at the restaurant.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
IIRC, it's $35-40 for a taxi, but if you contact the property directly, they will put on a minivan for $20/pp. Depending on time of day, a local bus could take one hour.
--
13F
Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by stinger
I am thinking of doing a three night stay in Bermuda the beginning of December. Has anyone been to this property before or after the renovations following the hurricane last year?

Property looks very nice but I want to make sure.

Any help is appreciated.
Hi there, I was just at this property 2 months ago and can say everything was fabulous and no renovations were being done. I was also at the property in August of 2008. I have family members in Bermuda but at times stay at hotels including the Hamilton Princess in downtown Hamilton and Elbow Beach. If you have any other questions in mind regarding hotels, I have also been to Grotto Bay and Tuckers Point.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Taxi from the South Hamilton Princess is upwards $45 range or vice versa (from airport to South Road)
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I´m planning to stay at the Southampton next Spring. Just a few questions for those who have stayed there:

1) I´m probably going to book a 1-bedroom suite which looks very nice and spacious (1170 sq.ft.) from the photos. Has anyone stayed in one and can provide some first-hand experience?

2) Are there any shops/supermarkets/restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, or are the onsite restaurants the only option?

3) Maybe a silly question, but are US dollars widely accepted or do I need to get some Bermudian dollars for my trip? (exchange rate is fixed at 1:1)

Thank´s!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.