Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel London Heathrow LHR Terminal 5

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, United Premier Exec, Virgin Gold
Still had the old style products this week in the junior suites/luxury rooms.

In fact had a really bad experience with the hotel: I dont like internal rooms so rung up and booked fully flex room rates direct for two lux rooms (with club access) When we spoke to the hotel they said they would give us outside view rooms (the ones whereyou can see the aircraft take off and the pods to the business car park)

At check in got the platinum upgrade to two junior suites. One with the view we asked and one not. We asked reception and was told go and relax for a couple of hours and then there will be another room as what we requested but a junior suite and our cases would be moved.

Four hours later and we had no second room, had to look at four other rooms and none were a) luxury rooms with the view we had been gaurenteed on the phone b) junior suites as we had been upgraded with the requested view.

For £400 each room and at least four hours wasted we were not impressed. I don't know if anyone has stayed at the Sofitel LGW, but the staff seem a lot more aware of their rooms and not as harsh as at LHR. I know the LHR is a 5 star but the time we had wasted and the number of staff who admitted that there had been a mistake or 'was new to this hotel so dont know what rooms have what views' was not what we expected.

I think that next time we have a LHR departure we may well try the Hilton either T4 or new T5. I hope the Hilton T5 will make the sofitel up their game again.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TheShis
Never liked Hermès. L'Occitane rulz.
+1. The intense orange scent of the Hermes toiletries = instant headache for me. This is too bad; I had taken to bringing my own so I wouldn't have to deal with the Hermes scent...guess I'll have to go back to that.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by TheShis
Never liked Hermès. L'Occitane rulz.
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
+1. The intense orange scent of the Hermes toiletries = instant headache for me. This is too bad; I had taken to bringing my own so I wouldn't have to deal with the Hermes scent...guess I'll have to go back to that.
I love the Hermès products
Old Jun 17, 2011, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
The Hermes products have a much higher quality feel to them, for me. I found the Occitane products a bit 'thin'.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 2:25 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
For unknown reasons I seem to have large quantities of both Hermès and L'Occitane products at my home.

Given the choice I actually prefer the old Sofitel staple: Roger & Gallet Jean Marie Farina. They don't stock it any longer but it was definitely my favourite.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Roger & Gallet Jean Marie Farina. They don't stock it any longer but it was definitely my favourite.
I go John Lewis especially to buy this. I'm 33 going on 73
Old Jun 17, 2011, 5:02 am

Smile

For unknown reasons I seem to have large quantities of both Hermès and L'Occitane products at my home.

Given the choice I actually prefer the old Sofitel staple: Roger & Gallet Jean Marie Farina. They don't stock it any longer but it was definitely my favourite.
You can still find Roger & Gallet (the orange one) at Pullman executive rooms.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
+1
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:43 am

Programs: BMI Blue +, Hilton Gold, SOFITEL PRIV
Sofitel Heathrow

hi guys

have got a night booked at the Sofitel at Heathrow comming up, i arrive at 1000am. has anyone got any experience as to how good they are at allowing an early check in?

many thanks in advance
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:19 pm

Three times out of four I have been able to check in early, most times around 11am. I think the likelihood of early check in is good considering the amount of rooms.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
I'd call in advance to let them know, much better chance as some days the hotel in completely full so rooms at that time will be at a premium.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I have used this place as a crash pad on the way through London or when I have meetings outside of London. It's the best hotel in the LHR area as far as I can tell, and I can make it off a T5 BA flight and to reception in about 30 minutes with fasttrack. The bar is decent and the nicer of the two restaurants is quite good.
Not sure thought that I get much of anything for my A-Club Gold status in terms of upgrade.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by stephem
Not sure thought that I get much of anything for my A-Club Gold status in terms of upgrade.
Sometimes, if you have booked the standard queen-bedded room, they will give a superior (king instead of queen, robe and slippers, L'Occitane products instead of Spa Therapy, etc).
Old Oct 20, 2011, 3:55 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Wasn't too impressed with my stay last night. No recognition of plat status at check in. Had to ask for an upgrade and drinks voucher. Told hotel was full then they found a room. No welcome gift.

There was a private function in the library bar so it was closed and there was a section cordoned off in the Sphere bar, so it was hard to find somewhere to sit.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by chistery
Wasn't too impressed with my stay last night. No recognition of plat status at check in. Had to ask for an upgrade and drinks voucher. Told hotel was full then they found a room. No welcome gift.

There was a private function in the library bar so it was closed and there was a section cordoned off in the Sphere bar, so it was hard to find somewhere to sit.
Those things can happen at any hotel. And if a clueless front desk agent doesn't give you your benefits (drink coupon, etc), you could perhaps stand up for yourself and insist on them. On occasion, I have had to do that with every hotel chain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.