Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Peace Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Peace hotel is an historic building with fantastic Shanghai's 30' Art deco style, service there will be better than the service of the St Regis (they need more time has they recently opened),
Basic room are the Peace are dark with no view, business wise, the St Regis location is better,

All in all, as much as I love the Peace, I would stay at the St Regis if the price gap is very important and spend the extra cash saved at the Peace jazz bar
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
feedback on a recent 3-night stay

Interesting. I cancelled my res @ the St. Regis in favor of a 3rd night free promo @ The Peace. No regrets:
- my suite upgrade was confirmed prior to my arrival. The kings @ this property are divine and the soaker tubs are fantastic;
- the upgrade to Entree Gold was a deal (400 RMB) and includes full afternoon tea from 2:00 - 4:00 pm & 2 laundry items;
- the staff are, without exception, attentive and helpful;
- the location is excelllent (2 blocks from Nanking Rd. metro station, c/w same line service to PVG, & right on the Bund w/ great views);
- Fairmont Fit opens at 06:00 am and has a decent pool and workout area, plus sauna & steam, all included for hotel guests.
Today, I went for the Peace Museum Tour and highly recommend it! I got to see some of the suites on the 10th along with rests overlooking the Bund.
Prior to my arrival, I read reviews comparing the hotel (favourably) to the Penninsula - which is next door. IMO, its even better than the Fairmont Singapore - which I could not even have imagined, priot to coming to Shanghai.
-
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:52 pm

Never tried this, would like to know if it works, booking the suite just under the Presidential suite (Sassoon suite), will they allow me to apply the upgrade on that or will they upgrade me if I book with Virtuoso or Amex Hotel collection?

If nobody know for this property, how does it work for other Fairmonts?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I believe the Suite Upgrade just brings you up to the lowest level suite they have, if it is available. If they only have higher level suites available you can't get the upgrade.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I believe the Suite Upgrade just brings you up to the lowest level suite they have, if it is available.
I will say that the 2 times I have used a suite upgrade so far, Fairmont has always upgraded me beyond the basic suite. I'm very impressed with their 'op-up' frequency...if only it happened as much on flights!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pvgman
Never tried this, would like to know if it works, booking the suite just under the Presidential suite (Sassoon suite), will they allow me to apply the upgrade on that or will they upgrade me if I book with Virtuoso or Amex Hotel collection?

If nobody know for this property, how does it work for other Fairmonts?
1) If you're referring to using a suite upgrade cert, the answer is most likely "no" since those are generally valid for upgrades from a Fairmont room to an entry-level suite.

2) If you're referring to the "upgrade based on availability" offered by AMEX FHR, Virtuoso, Travel Leaders Select etc.: one would need to check with the property since the top-level / specialty suites are often excluded from the upgrade benefit

3) Regardless of #1 and #2 , a solid travel consultant may be able to negotiate a (discounted) upgrade to the Presidential Suite in the scenario you describe, but it would depend on various factors such as length of stay, occupancy etc.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
1) If you're referring to using a suite upgrade cert, the answer is most likely "no" since those are generally valid for upgrades from a Fairmont room to an entry-level suite.

2) If you're referring to the "upgrade based on availability" offered by AMEX FHR, Virtuoso, Travel Leaders Select etc.: one would need to check with the property since the top-level / specialty suites are often excluded from the upgrade benefit

3) Regardless of #1 and #2 , a solid travel consultant may be able to negotiate a (discounted) upgrade to the Presidential Suite in the scenario you describe, but it would depend on various factors such as length of stay, occupancy etc.
Thank you for the insight, I will book something flexible and call the property see what I can manage to achieve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.