Wiki Posts
Search

SLS Buenos Aires Puerto Madero

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2024 | 1:37 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
15 Years on Site

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
SLS Buenos Aires Puerto Madero

My apologies if there is a thread on this hotel in our forum - I couldn't find one despite searching! Has anyone stayed there? Any comments either on the hotel itself or on how they treat ALL members? I stayed at some other SLS in the past but 1) that was before they were affiliated with Accor and 2) not that one so very curious to know.
Old Apr 2, 2024 | 9:27 am
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Since it looks like nobody could provide info on this relatively new property, let me add some for the benefit of future visitors in the form of a little review...

What and where is it?

SLS has become a household name for groovy boutique luxury with a few well-known properties such as their Miami beach one. Think designer rooms with Starck or Seletti objects designed to appeal to wealthy 30 something crowds (or those of us sharing such taste!), attractive districts, healthy food, decent sports and well being facilities and the likes. The SLS Puerto Madero is no exception. It's a relatively recent hotel with just about 40 rooms and suites located in one of the groovy parts of Buenos Aires where many of the young and wealthy live, eat, party, walk by the docks and jog. It is relatively quiet but also very close to the heart of the action (eg the famous San Telmo market is only about 10-15 minutes walk).

Accor recognition

I should start by mentioning that my rate included an upgrade upon availability so in those cases, it can be hard to differentiate between the rate recognition and the status recognition, but in a nutshell, I booked a superior docks view (the second lowest category but one that guarantees a nice view) and was upgraded to a suite with docks view, the hotel's highest category without asking anything. My interpretation is that they would have given me an upgrade with the rate, would have given me an upgrade with the status, and chose to give me an outstanding upgrade as a result of the combination of the two.

Hotel also provided two drink vouchers, and a full bottle of Argentinian red wine and a chocolate cake were awaiting me in the room. Basically, very happy with the welcome in every possible way.

Room:

The suite is not that huge but still twice the size of normal rooms with completely separate living room, full bathroom (including bath/showed combination), a kitchenette area in the living room (no cooking facilities but water basin, etc and a guest bathroom as well as a long balcony with chairs (which I'm not too keen to open because BA has a bit of a mosquito invasion at the moment!) Decoration is tasteful and comfortable. My three limited nuances: I don't find the bed particularly comfortable, no available plugs near the bed (but there are usb-a ones for anyone using those) and the water pressure in the bathroom is pretty poor (if you want to take a bath, start running it as early as you can!) Still a very good effort.

Location and facilities;

As mentioned, Puerto Madero is quite a unique part of BA, not the sort with historical landmarks or touristy stuff, but an area with real people living without being away from the centre. I'd compare it to Docklands in Melbourne, Leblon in Rio or Upper West Side in NYC. There is a gym, a spa, and an outdoor swimming pool which is well equipped (haven't tried it yet)

Food:

My rate includes breakfast, which I found excellent. The buffet part is not huge but the quality is high - think fresh figs, filled bagels quality cured meats and cheeses and excellent palmiers and croissants filled with dulce de leche. There is sparkling wine and several fresh pressed juices, Coffee is brought on demand as are egg dishes (tried the Argentinian version of egg benedict which was good). The restaurant and bar also serves food and drinks till late (haven't tried it yet).

In a nutshell:

I think this is a serious contender. I was initially going to book the Sofitel, but it was one of those cases where various OTA were offering much cheaper rates than the Accor website yet Accor (or the hotel) made it hard to use the BRG so I just gave up and booked the SLS instead as there was a good offer with perks and eligible to earn points etc. I certainly don't regret the choice even though it is a bit more expensive than the Sofitel. Personally, I also prefer that part of the city which i find more "real" and which is very walkable and quite safe. Accor recognition has been top notch and made me feel like coming back.
starflyergold and allbrosca like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024 | 1:36 pm
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Rception art

View from 9th floor room

Bedroom

Bath

Living room

Living room and balcony

just adding a few pics

Last edited by orbitmic; Apr 2, 2024 at 4:16 pm
Old Apr 2, 2024 | 1:48 pm
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

And the pool
Old Apr 2, 2024 | 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited5M100 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
very nice. Thanks for the review.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2024 | 12:34 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I stayed there in February as an Accor Gold.

I booked a Superior King Docks View. I got no upgrade. I did pay the majority of the rate with points. Not sure whether that could dissuade them from offering an upgrade?

I got one free drinks voucher and free breakfast. Breakfast was not included in my rate.

The room was very nice and comfortable with a balcony. The breakfast was excellent. The staff were great and the area was nice.

I would recommend...
orbitmic likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2024 | 2:09 pm
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by cargueiro

I booked a Superior King Docks View. I got no upgrade.[...]

I got one free drinks voucher and free breakfast. Breakfast was not included in my rate.

The room was very nice and comfortable with a balcony. The breakfast was excellent.
I agree the breakfast is excellent, and if they offered you that whilst it was not part of your rate, I'd say it is quite a generous present!
cargueiro likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.