Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pullman Auckland Airport (opened Dec-23)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2023, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Pullman Auckland Airport (opened Dec-23)

Staying here as a Diamond following its opening on 13 December. Highly impressed and a step up from the Novotel next door.

Service really reflects 5* and the Maori influence is a a really special and unique touch. We booked a standard room and got upgraded to an executive suite. Staying for a wedding anniversary trip and the welcome amenities were amazing - an Edible Blooms chocolate bouquet, local sparkling wine, hand cream, shower fragrance steamers, personal cards complete with Xmas stickers - very personalised touch. Floor to ceiling windows with view of the runway and planes.

Lounge offering is a simple charcuterie but virtually empty and perfect friendly service.

Small non important points fed back like no towel or towel rail in the guest bathroom 😅 and other minor things you'd expect from new staff - no impact on an amazing stay whatsoever. For $50 more than Novotel it's a no brainer and completely different universe entirely.

Last edited by znsm; Dec 21, 2023 at 11:44 am
Old Dec 21, 2023, 2:11 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I've booked the Novotel next door for a positioning night before an early departure to SYD then SIN. I looked at the Pullman and it was about $70 more for the night. I was tempted but as I will be up at 4 in the morning and checking in at 21.30 I don't think it is worth staying there this time. As I use the AKL Novotel every two months I may pay the extra. I hope it helps moderate the crazy Novotel pricing for what is a standard hotel offering.
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CHCflyer
I've booked the Novotel next door for a positioning night before an early departure to SYD then SIN. I looked at the Pullman and it was about $70 more for the night. I was tempted but as I will be up at 4 in the morning and checking in at 21.30 I don't think it is worth staying there this time. As I use the AKL Novotel every two months I may pay the extra. I hope it helps moderate the crazy Novotel pricing for what is a standard hotel offering.
Yeah, you won't get much value of the benefits in that short time, unless you are really fussed about a nicer bed and bathroom. And friendliness... But yeah I wouldn't myself.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 11:50 pm

Programs: NZ*GE, Accor Diamond
Thanks for posting. Have been wondering what this will be like as will have a few stays next year. Looking forward to visiting now.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 9:31 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Is that a glass wall between the bedroom and bathroom?
Old Dec 22, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Is that a glass wall between the bedroom and bathroom?
It's an Accor thing. Either there is no wall (Novotel HKG, CHC, CHC Airport) or they have a glass wall sometimes with a misting button like the Novotel AKL.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 4:21 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
It's an Accor thing. Either there is no wall (Novotel HKG, CHC, CHC Airport) or they have a glass wall sometimes with a misting button like the Novotel AKL.
Agree, have stayed at the Novotel AKL numerous times, and really don't like the bathroom arrangement, similar in other Accor properties.
But already have a few bookings for the new Pullman because it has a lounge, looking forward to trying it in a couple of weeks.
CHCflyer likes this.

Last edited by edmm; Dec 22, 2023 at 4:22 pm Reason: Typo
Old Dec 26, 2023, 9:34 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
thanks for that! from website it seems bathtub is only for executive suite? does regular room come with bathtub? i'm Japanese and staying in a bath is almost a must for my hotel selection.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 10:59 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
had a go through the pullman website, but couldn't find directions on how to access the hotel from the airport. Is it in the terminal itself (dosen't seem so from the map) or is there a dedicated pedestrian walkway from terminal ?
Old Dec 27, 2023, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by wantan
had a go through the pullman website, but couldn't find directions on how to access the hotel from the airport. Is it in the terminal itself (dosen't seem so from the map) or is there a dedicated pedestrian walkway from terminal ?
It is immediately outside international arrivals. Behind the Novotel. Maybe 2 or 3 minutes walk.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by fakecd
thanks for that! from website it seems bathtub is only for executive suite? does regular room come with bathtub? i'm Japanese and staying in a bath is almost a must for my hotel selection.
The Novotel has some ordinary rooms with baths, I won't accept the rooms, the shower is over the bath and I am too short to feel safe getting into it. They told me they deliberately made the rooms like that to accommodate Japanese guests.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 10:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Never seen a room with a double shower!

Staying here for one night, we were booked into the Novotel but got an email asking us if we wanted to move over to the Pullman at no extra cost… so went for it.

Definitely still has that brand new hotel smell!
znsm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.