Wiki Posts
Search

Senior's rate criteria

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2023, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Senior's rate criteria

To qualify for the Senior's rate, is it enough that one person in the room is over 55? The terms say "Proof of age of registered guest is required at check-in", but I don't know if that means any registered guest on the room, or if it specifically has to be the member. Anyone have experience with that?

Thanks!
BinSabai likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 2:48 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
which hotels do have senior rates?....never seen that...limited to certain countries where they might be a legal necessity to offer those?
Old Aug 1, 2023, 3:50 am
Suspended

There are available mainly in North America and Australia for seniors, AARP, veterans... but for Accor it seems to be like 10% off BFAR, so the same as ALL member rate and available to the guest who is booking the room. Some properties may be flexible on that, you may call them directly.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by macaron35
There are available mainly in North America and Australia for seniors, AARP, veterans... but for Accor it seems to be like 10% off BFAR, so the same as ALL member rate and available to the guest who is booking the room. Some properties may be flexible on that, you may call them directly.
It's much better than the member rate. At a couple of properties I was looking at, the discount is 15% off of the Daily Rate, and member rates in NA are generally only a 5% discount, not 10%. They bumped them to 10% during the COVID downturn for a couple of years, but have been back to 5% for a year or more.

I found it interesting the qualification terms referred to "registered guest" and not "the member", leading me to wonder if all you need is any registered guest in the room to qualify. I'm not over 55, but one of us in the group will be, for the trip I was planning.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 7:17 pm

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I find senior's rates and discounts frustrating. Seniors are no longer the financially disadvantaged population they once were. It was a system that made sense once upon a time, but now that boomers are retiring with a disproportionate share of this countries wealth, it's time to move on. Unfortunately, seniors also vote and mobilize better than other demographics, so that's unlikely to happen.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 8:10 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by CanuckFanYYZ
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I find senior's rates and discounts frustrating. Seniors are no longer the financially disadvantaged population they once were. It was a system that made sense once upon a time, but now that boomers are retiring with a disproportionate share of this countries wealth, it's time to move on. Unfortunately, seniors also vote and mobilize better than other demographics, so that's unlikely to happen.
It's complicated. I don't mind it when it comes to public transport, grocery, or any other essential services, as many seniors are on fixed income (why they don't save enough for retirement is another story, of course). Hotels are definitely not essential service so I don't think discount is needed. However, hotels aren't running some sort social service here, they are running a business, so targeting a demographic group with better financial situation for more spending isn't illogical.
kevino likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 6:20 pm

Hi,

I am looking to book a room for my dad who is over 65 now. But I can't find the code for senior. Where can I find the senior rate code? Do I put it under preferential code?
Old Sep 18, 2023, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andrew148
Hi,

I am looking to book a room for my dad who is over 65 now. But I can't find the code for senior. Where can I find the senior rate code? Do I put it under preferential code?
You can just select "Senior Discount" from the Special Rates drop-down menu. If the hotel offers such rates, they should be displayed in the search.

kevino likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, SBEC Plus, Shangri-La Circle, AccorPlus
Based on Accor information.
Special Rate > Senior Discount 55+. Should book a room directly to the hotel's website or application. Fairmont Hotels and Resorts.
Code: PRSEN1, PRSEN2, and so on.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
You can just select "Senior Discount" from the Special Rates drop-down menu. If the hotel offers such rates, they should be displayed in the search.

thank you - it works! Somehow it wasn’t working on safari or iPhone but works on chrome
Old Sep 20, 2023, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by BizTrip
Based on Accor information.
Special Rate > Senior Discount 55+. Should book a room directly to the hotel's website or application. Fairmont Hotels and Resorts.
Code: PRSEN1, PRSEN2, and so on.
thank you!
Old Apr 24, 2024, 9:38 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Senior rate No difference from the member rate 🤷‍♂️🙄

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.