Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Upgrade - How Quick

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2024, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by MajulahMadooba
Worst case is to pay for breakfast and ask for Rewards Points to compensate right?

I’m getting the impression French Mercures can produce elegant but simple breakfasts
i can’t say “elegant” is the word that would come to my mind about typical Mercure breakfasts to be honest!!

im still a bit confused as to why you expect free breakfast even when you reach platinum to be honest? The free weekend breakfast is only for our diamond big brothers to be honest, and it comes with plenty of exclusions to be honest.

Even if you know you’ll make diamond, I’m also not clear under what theory you’d expect compensation if you use a benefit before you reach said status? There is certainly no suggestion by Accor that status will update immediately nor that benefits apply to “platinum elects” (for lack of a better word.

So my sense is if you want to have the breakfast anyway, do take it but expect to pay for it. If you have reached a status entitling you to free breakfast during your stay then by all means make a polite request on whether they d consider waiving the fee as a result but if not I’m afraid I’d expect to pay the full price and most definitely not be entitled to any compensation.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 12:00 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer
I’m mixed up with the APAC benefits and did not realize no hotel in France has an executive lounge

Last edited by MajulahMadooba; Apr 6, 2024 at 12:07 pm
Old Apr 6, 2024, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by MajulahMadooba
and did not realize no hotel in France has an executive lounge
Lounge access is indeed a very valuable platinum benefit, but in case there was any doubt, breakfast is not a replacement where there is no lounge. The lounge network is by far at its best in the Asia-Pacific. Elsewhere, they are few and far between and Mercure is not the brand with the most of them either (though a few Mercure have them) as it is openly intended as a midrange (rather than premium/luxury) brand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.