Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Changes to Acccor Business Plus and Ibis Business subscription cards (2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2023, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Gold

Received today an email that from 22 March Ibis Business is changing a few things, among others a flat discount of 15% (instead of 5% for non-flex rates and 10% for flex rates).

Details here: https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...-ibis.en.shtml

What I don’t understand is if this is in reality an upgrade (a higher discount) or it’s actually a downgrade because now it doesn’t combine with the standard 10% Members Rate that everyone gets? It’s now written clearly that it cannot combine with the members rate. So in effect it might be a downgrade from 20% to 15% if booking flex rates, while for non-flex it remains at 15%. 🤔

UPDATE: After the changes became clear it's almost certainly a big downgrade for the cards. Smaller discounts, Silver instead of Gold, room guaranteed only if not used together with the discount, no more discount in the Ibis restaurants and breakfast. But higher overall price (in theory the same, in practice they had much smaller prices for various European countries, such as 60 EUR in Romania and 99 EUR in Switzerland - now it's 99 EUR for everyone). The only added benefit is access to the Premium Customer Line.

Last edited by curiousexplorer; Apr 6, 2023 at 1:01 pm
Old Feb 16, 2023, 12:23 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

At first, I thought it was clear. But after reading it again, I fear you are right and it is a downgrade, as indeed the t&c states, that is does not apply to member rates. It would be in line with eliminate the discount for f&b as it now only discounts bed and breakfast rates, but you did not if spending money in the hotel.

And the new card does not include the Gold Status any more - only for the remainig time of the current subcsription, but not for the renewal. In so far, I would say in general it is a downgrade.
starflyergold and hotel_user like this.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 2:25 pm

Programs: A3 *G, QR Plat, Accor ALL Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I agree it's mostly a downgrade, however the member discount is just 5% nowadays at many hotels.

And a question to those who have it: does the ibis Business card discount get applied to all hotel bookings? What about hotels that don't give a member rate discount e.g. The Plaza NY?
Markie likes this.

Last edited by bellerophontes; Feb 16, 2023 at 3:06 pm
Old Feb 16, 2023, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
At first, I thought it was clear. But after reading it again, I fear you are right and it is a downgrade, as indeed the t&c states, that is does not apply to member rates. It would be in line with eliminate the discount for f&b as it now only discounts bed and breakfast rates, but you did not if spending money in the hotel.

And the new card does not include the Gold Status any more - only for the remainig time of the current subcsription, but not for the renewal. In so far, I would say in general it is a downgrade.
Hmm the Gold element would be a massive downgrade, down to the point of making the subscription almost useless for most. In the TC there is indeed no mention of Gold status, while in the promo page it is quite confusing. It is under “what remains the same”, but indeed it ends with “for the duration of your current subscription”. So it’s not clear if it refers to today’s subscription or if the message is that you keep your Gold status as long as you renew the card.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 7:55 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Do note that 10 status nights are given in lieu of the Gold status. But indeed this is a downgrade, for me it’s been worth it because of the gold status but it’s been a bit too good to be true.
Markie likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 12:05 am
Original Poster

I do hope they will clarify soon if Gold is still in or it’s definitely out for the new card, but in case it’s out that means that there is an opportunity to buy a 2-year subscription of Ibis Business until 22 March, which would guarantee Gold for another 2 years. For now at least that is still possible.

In my case the Gold benefit is what kept me hooked to Accor and I prioritised Accor hotels for all my trips, but if it will be gone I’ll not renew and go back to being a free agent, I won’t try to pursue Gold and go through all the stress of collecting status nights / rushing for status. 🤷‍♂️
Old Feb 17, 2023, 2:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by bellerophontes
And a question to those who have it: does the ibis Business card discount get applied to all hotel bookings? What about hotels that don't give a member rate discount e.g. The Plaza NY?
No , it doesnt work everywhere if i remember correctly , i think its limited to ibis brands (ibis , styles and budget) but even though there are exceptions . For instance in China this card doesnt work , and one colleague reported one failed attempt at sofitel and mgallery (not sure what was the reason)

Originally Posted by curiousexplorer
Hmm the Gold element would be a massive downgrade, down to the point of making the subscription almost useless for most..
Ok , so i checked and for me it seems they are merging the ibis card and b usiness Plus card into accor plus , if i get it correctly

These wont be separate products anymore but both will be under same umbrella , with two new options = ibis and voyager

Ibis limited to ibis brands
Voyager imited to some brands of each tier

This merger means in fact they had to align both products benefits to be on the same line , therefore removing (or severly limiting) what made ibis business card a good investment for some people = no guaranteed room availability for discounted rates , F&B discount only apply if food is pre-included in your booking , no gold status (but silver instead) and more free early/late check-in/out)

However in the T&C they also mention a bonus , depending on the suscription you have (after 10 nights for ibis and after 20 nights for voyager) , but no idea what this bonus will be

As you said we need to wait cause the wording used is not 100% clear , most likely until end of march 2023 when new product will be unveiled

Originally Posted by lkrt
Do note that 10 status nights are given in lieu of the Gold status. But indeed this is a downgrade, for me it’s been worth it because of the gold status but it’s been a bit too good to be true.
The 10 night bonus means essentially you get silver instead of gold

Last edited by fifty_two; Feb 17, 2023 at 8:40 am
Old Feb 17, 2023, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two
No , there are some exceptions if i remember correctly .

For instance in China this card doesnt work , and one colleague reported one failed attempt at sofitel and mgallery (not sure what was the reason)
Thanks! I found a list of published exceptions ( https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...index.en.shtml ), does the discount rate work on the rest?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 3:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Thanks! I found a list of published exceptions ( https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...index.en.shtml ), does the discount rate work on the rest?
No , its not correct , what you found are the list of hotels not participating in the ALL program . It is completely different topic , we are talking about ibis business card

I think what you are looking for is this = https://ibis.accor.com/business/ibis...bis-cgv.en.pdf and if i am right , it just confirm what i knew and assumed , plus some additionnal restrictions .

For the new program , called All Plus Ibis , (which is a sub-part of all plus now) , it will be limited to ibis brands (same as before) = ibis , ibis budget and ibis styles.

Originally Posted by curiousexplorer
go back to being a free agent, I won’t try to pursue Gold and go through all the stress of collecting status nights / rushing for status. 🤷‍♂️
well , it wont be a bad thing for you in the end , you will go to a hotel based on your requirements , not only due to the fact that hotel is ALL member of not

as much as i enjoy accor hotels , and hilton to a smaller extent , i spend lot of my times in properties not affiliated to any chains and they do the job 95% of the time at decent prices , despite all the issues going on in this industry

Last edited by fifty_two; Feb 17, 2023 at 4:20 am
Old Feb 17, 2023, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two
No , its not correct , what you found are the list of hotels not participating in the ALL program . It is completely different topic , we are talking about ibis business card

I think what you are looking for is this = https://ibis.accor.com/business/ibis...bis-cgv.en.pdf and if i am right , it just confirm what i knew and assumed , plus some additionnal restrictions
Ok the Accor website: https://help.accor.com/s/article/wha...-business-card is confusing because it has two different exclusion lists. So the discount is only for ibis hotels?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 4:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Ok the Accor website: https://help.accor.com/s/article/wha...-business-card is confusing because it has two different exclusion lists. So the discount is only for ibis hotels?
The wording might be tricky , but read again carefully , ALL and ibis business are two separate things , the discount is only for ibis brands , while the benefits can be apply to ALL all brands (if available of course) .

"The card offers discounts and benefits in over 2,000 participating hotels across the world (outside of China)" then it refers to a pdf document with the non participating hotels of the ibis business

In the same page they mention that "***ALL benefits are only guaranteed in hotels participating to this same program. See the list of non-participating hotels" , and this is what probably tricked you

Last edited by fifty_two; Feb 17, 2023 at 5:03 am
Old Feb 17, 2023, 6:37 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
I did a two year renewal of my ibis Business Card recently and have an expiry date of 28/2/2025. All my stays are in an ibis London hotel due to being the best location and lowest price for my needs and the independent hotels in the area look old and awful. I only book room only (don't need breakfast) and don't eat in the bar.

The benefits of the card for me was the automatic Gold status, extra 10% on refundable rates on top of the ALL member discount (or 5% on non-refundable rates), late check-out/early check-in and the room availability a few days before check-in.

Not sure yet but this looks like a reduction in benefits, or should I say in PR speak it is 'increased 'enhancements'. Since auto Gold status is going to be removed and 10 Status Nights are given, that is 20 nights per year to maintain Gold for the following year. The biggest issue for me, looks to be the discount not being added to the ALL member discount (e.g. 10% + 10% on refundable rates).

Will be checking-in at my usual ibis in London in a few hours so will ask a few questions at reception.

Last edited by siw; Feb 17, 2023 at 7:15 am
Old Feb 17, 2023, 12:54 pm

Programs: CX MPC
The email I got said the card is "evolving", which to me says they know themselves that it's not an enhancement. If it was, they'd have put a much more positive spin on it. I'm not sure that I'll be renewing when my subscription next expires. I'm not even sure that my Gold status would be extended if I renewed before March 22 2023.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 1:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
For some ALL customers, the substitution of 10 nights credit for a complimentary Gold Card will actually be beneficial. In my case, the Ibis Business Card costs €60 (including VAT) in Cyprus and the discounts I obtain from Ibis stays more than cover the subscription cost. This year, I will probably stay 50 nights in ALL hotels so an extra 10 free nights will take me to Platinum whereas under the current conditions I would stay Gold.
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Business Plus changes to "Voyageur"

Same role out date as the changes to the Ibis card

-" The highest fixed discount all year round (based on the best public rate of the day) for your room plus a second room: 20% off at ten Luxury and Premium brands, 15% off at nine Midscale and Economy brands, now including ibis budget.
- Your guaranteed room availability becomes two days rather than three days before the date of your arrival, even if the hotel is full
(not available in conjunction with your discount).
- We offer you a bonus of 20 Status Nights to help you reach the next ALL status level faster.
- You will have direct phone access to premium Customer Service."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.