Search

What am I doing wrong?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:33 pm
sfo
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
What am I doing wrong?

I want to change the date of a hotel booking. I am signed into my account, go to manage my booking, click on rebook this hotel. Choose my new dates for the same hotel as previously booked. Afer choosing the dates I click on validate, and what pops up, a notice asking me to join Accor to get the members rate. It gives me no other option. What the heck?
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by sfo
I want to change the date of a hotel booking. I am signed into my account, go to manage my booking, click on rebook this hotel. Choose my new dates for the same hotel as previously booked. Afer choosing the dates I click on validate, and what pops up, a notice asking me to join Accor to get the members rate. It gives me no other option. What the heck?
Sounds like standard Accor IT piggery, and the kind of thing I've encountered before. Try the usual tricks (eg change browsers, use Incognito mode, try mobile vs desktop)
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:57 am
sfo
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Sounds like standard Accor IT piggery, and the kind of thing I've encountered before. Try the usual tricks (eg change browsers, use Incognito mode, try mobile vs desktop)
Yep, ok, may try a few of your ideas. Of course I guess the best course is to do a new booking and cancel the previous one, which I don't mind doing, but it is of course more time consuming. If their rebook is not going to work then they should take it down. I have often wondered if working with Accor IT is left to those that know absolutely nothing about how to run a successeful IT program.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sfo
Yep, ok, may try a few of your ideas. Of course I guess the best course is to do a new booking and cancel the previous one, which I don't mind doing, but it is of course more time consuming. If their rebook is not going to work then they should take it down. I have often wondered if working with Accor IT is left to those that know absolutely nothing about how to run a successeful IT program.
AFAIK, this rebook feature on Accor sites is to make a new booking in an hotel you already stayed or have a coming booking. It is not to change the dates of an existing booking. For this, you need to make a new booking and cancel the other one.
nrouxel, NickB and hotel_user like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:49 am
sfo
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
AFAIK, this rebook feature on Accor sites is to make a new booking in an hotel you already stayed or have a coming booking. It is not to change the dates of an existing booking. For this, you need to make a new booking and cancel the other one.
This was for a future booking way down the road. I just made a new booking and canceled the old one. Again, what a waste of time. I am starting to move away from Accor. I will use up my 33,000 points and then I am out of here. Have decided to go back and stay at quaint European hotels that still offer the flavor of the past. I don't really care that I won't get a gift, won't be upgraded, or get a free meal, or be able to access a lounge, those things mean nothing to me as opposed to so many members on here that think that what they get as extras is part of life.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by sfo
This was for a future booking way down the road. I just made a new booking and canceled the old one. Again, what a waste of time. I am starting to move away from Accor. I will use up my 33,000 points and then I am out of here. Have decided to go back and stay at quaint European hotels that still offer the flavor of the past. I don't really care that I won't get a gift, won't be upgraded, or get a free meal, or be able to access a lounge, those things mean nothing to me as opposed to so many members on here that think that what they get as extras is part of life.
If you don't really care that you won't get a gift, won't be upgraded, or get a free meal, or be able to access a lounge and those things mean nothing to you then ALL is the ideal program for you!
sfo, Beckett66, chrism20 and 7 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.