Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

No Nights/points....Hotel left network....or does Accor cheat its members?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2022, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum

I booked the Novotel Hua Hin in Cha-Am on 24. or 25. April on Accor website under my account; got confirmation and nothing was said, that this stay would not be eligible...
I would have certainly not stayed at this hotel, if it was not an Accor hotel and I also considered other Accor alternatives. If we were alone, we would have stayed at the Sofitel or the Movenpick, which are both nearby. But as we were with friends, I booked at this rather mid-low end hotel.
We checked in at 27. April; I was greated as a Platinum member (which is rather an exception at mid-low end hotels of Accor group) and given 2 welcome drinks voucher. Also got a larger room. Everywhere were Novotel and Accor logos placed.
Checked out at 28. April and got a invoice with Novotel and Accor logo on it; paid for both rooms and extras.
Did not get night and points credited; so i sent an E-Mail to the hotel asking for credits
On Saturday 7.5. I sent an Email to Accor customer care claiming credits.
Late night that day (which is unbelievable fast for Accor customer care) i got an answer: They informed me, that Novotel Hua Hin had left Accor network; but they would give me EXCEPTIONALLY (!!!) 140 reward points out of courtesy!

Dam' it Accor!
Those are moments when I think, that I probably spent all those money during many years being Platinum in the wrong hotel group!
If you make a booking 2-3 days in advance on Accor website indicating a normal Accor hotel and then you get NOTHING as the hotel just left Accor few days after I stayed there....
and the 140 reward points are a f.... joke!

any other hotel group doing status matches with Accor Platinum?
Old May 10, 2022, 1:00 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
That's truly bizarre. The hotel left Accor (see hotels leaving thread) on 27 April. A friend of mine who had a booking there for 30 April was warned in advance via email. They knew they were leaving but this really should have been visible on the website in advance and you should have been told, or be given the opportunity to move for free to another Accor hotel (there is no shortage in that area). It's times like this I wished the AccorHotels Concierge was still active here. The 140 points are really an insult.
Old May 10, 2022, 4:43 pm

A whole bunch of thai hotels left on 27 April, my forward bookings disappeared from ALL app but no emails yet, rang call centre and they said all confirmed, didn't know hotels had left!
Old May 10, 2022, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FormalHall
A whole bunch of thai hotels left on 27 April, my forward bookings disappeared from ALL app but no emails yet, rang call centre and they said all confirmed, didn't know hotels had left!
so beside Novotel Hua Hin and Novotel Karon who else?
27. April a wednesday was a very strange day to leave...
Old May 11, 2022, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

I have to add, that despite the hotel left the Accor network on 27. April, I got after my checkout on 28. April an Email on 1. May from Accor for the usual review via Tripadvisor and then on 2. and 5. an Email for a longer review signed by the Accor GM of the hotel....

is Accor totally nuts?

Do those clowns even let me waste my time for a review, which is completely irrelevant as the hotel already left?
remymartin and pb9997 like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

after 2.5 months and several E-Mails to the hotline, I finally got credit status points and nights for this stay...it says "courtesy points/nights" in my statement...

so sometimes it is worth to be persistent!
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:16 am

Programs: ALL Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
after 2.5 months and several E-Mails to the hotline, I finally got credit status points and nights for this stay...it says "courtesy points/nights" in my statement...

so sometimes it is worth to be persistent!
That's good to hear. Did you manage it through Accor Plus or just normal Accor customer service?
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Marky Marks
That's good to hear. Did you manage it through Accor Plus or just normal Accor customer service?
e-mail through [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.