Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Higher ALL member rates when logged into website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2022, 9:07 am
siw
Original Poster

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum

Hi,

For my ibis London reservations during March and April 2022 (that I have already booked and planning to book) I see that when I do not log in to the ALL website I see a Public rate and Member rate (10% lower than Public rate). Then when I log in to the ALL website I see the Member rate but it is now about £15 to £20 higher then when I do not log in. This is happending with few of the west London hotels. This did not happen up to March 2022 and the Member rate when logged in and not logged in was the same.

Why is it now that a lower rate is offered to be an ALL member but then it is higher when the member logs in?

Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:10 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Do you have example dates, properties and rates?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:18 am
siw
Original Poster

Example: Fri 29/4 - Mon 2/5 3nights, 1person, ibis Shepards Bush.

When not logged in it says: become an ALL memeber and the rate is £350.10. But when I log in the member rate is £366.30, which is £16.20 higher than what ALL is tempting for people to be members. I then get a discount as I have the ibis Business Card. Noticed this at other nearby hotels also. However, up to February 2022 these two member rates always were the same.

Any idea why the change? And why the higher rate when logged in?

Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:11 am

IME, this isn't new. I always make my choice before logging in to book. There are a few places this happens, Hertz spring to mind immediately.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by siw
Example: Fri 29/4 - Mon 2/5 3nights, 1person, ibis Shepards Bush.

When not logged in it says: become an ALL memeber and the rate is £350.10. But when I log in the member rate is £366.30, which is £16.20 higher than what ALL is tempting for people to be members. I then get a discount as I have the ibis Business Card. Noticed this at other nearby hotels also. However, up to February 2022 these two member rates always were the same.

Any idea why the change? And why the higher rate when logged in?
Unlike Harper, I’ve not luckily noticed this. Logged in I get a rate of £351 for those dates. I don’t have the ibis card
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:08 am
siw
Original Poster

Why would you see a lower Member rate than me? Is it because I have the ibis Business Card so ALL have less incentive to give me a lower rate? Maybe like Air France that only offered me upgrades when I had low Flying Blue status, no more now I have higher status so they don't bother trying to entice me.

Also, this only started happening from my March 2022 bookings and I bought the ibis card on the 1 January 2022, and my Jan/Feb bookings showed the same member rates. Bit of an underhanded practice by ALL.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by siw
Why would you see a lower Member rate than me? Is it because I have the ibis Business Card so ALL have less incentive to give me a lower rate? Maybe like Air France that only offered me upgrades when I had low Flying Blue status, no more now I have higher status so they don't bother trying to entice me.

Also, this only started happening from my March 2022 bookings and I bought the ibis card on the 1 January 2022, and my Jan/Feb bookings showed the same member rates. Bit of an underhanded practice by ALL.
I don’t have an answer to your question. With airlines I sometimes book tickets with an anonymous browser and add my ff# through MMB to avoid any “targeted pricing”. You could possibly do the same with a hotel and call to add your membership number.
Harper50505 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:39 pm
siw
Original Poster

Originally Posted by remymartin
I don’t have an answer to your question. With airlines I sometimes book tickets with an anonymous browser and add my ff# through MMB to avoid any “targeted pricing”. You could possibly do the same with a hotel and call to add your membership number.
If I did that I would not get the further discount that the ibis Business Card gives me without adding my ALL membership number at the time of booking. Will ask recpetion on my next stay in a few weeks, but doubt very much they will know anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.