Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Had a stay but reward points expire date not updating

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2021, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,

I spent one night at Pullman Bandung Central (a good experience so far) mid of last May but expire date of my reward points is not updating. Night was effectively updated to my All account but expire date did not change since last year.
The room was paid using points + cash around 17 EUR converted. Points were not credited maybe because cash was below 20 EUR equivalent but I do not care of that, I'm much more concern about 251K points expiring next 21st of August and nowhere to go as Indonesia is now hit hard by Covid19 and everything is closed.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BobFF68
I spent one night at Pullman Bandung Central (a good experience so far) mid of last May but expire date of my reward points is not updating. Night was effectively updated to my All account but expire date did not change since last year.
The room was paid using points + cash around 17 EUR converted. Points were not credited maybe because cash was below 20 EUR equivalent but I do not care of that, I'm much more concern about 251K points expiring next 21st of August and nowhere to go as Indonesia is now hit hard by Covid19 and everything is closed.
You need to get points credited for the expiry date to be pushed back. If you did not get any points credited for the night, then the expiry date will not have changed.

What is strange, however, is that you did not get points credited at all. I thought that the threshold to get points credited was EUR10 so I would have thought that you should get a few points. Not many but enough to trigger the pushback of the expiry date.

If I were you, I would liaise with All CS to find out why no points were credited.
BobFF68 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 5:57 am

10EUR threshold is my understanding as well, but when paying by points+cash it's quite annoying that quite often they count the cash part for tax first which is ineligible for points. So if say the tax was 15EUR then the system will think your 20EUR is 15 tax plus 5 for eligible spending which is below 10EUR and therefore no points.

Contact CS or the hotel and get them credit the points so your expiry date will update.
BobFF68 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickB
You need to get points credited for the expiry date to be pushed back. If you did not get any points credited for the night, then the expiry date will not have changed.

What is strange, however, is that you did not get points credited at all. I thought that the threshold to get points credited was EUR10 so I would have thought that you should get a few points. Not many but enough to trigger the pushback of the expiry date.

If I were you, I would liaise with All CS to find out why no points were credited.
Originally Posted by patrickw
10EUR threshold is my understanding as well, but when paying by points+cash it's quite annoying that quite often they count the cash part for tax first which is ineligible for points. So if say the tax was 15EUR then the system will think your 20EUR is 15 tax plus 5 for eligible spending which is below 10EUR and therefore no points.

Contact CS or the hotel and get them credit the points so your expiry date will update.
Thanks all, already wrote to the CS let's see if they reply, in case I will ask to hotel too, normally they are fast in responding.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by patrickw

indeed, with such a low amount paid in cash, I don’t expect OP will get some points.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 1:25 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
TBH if I had 250 thousand odd points, I would not have paid anything on points just to be sure. However, a call to the hotel and ask them to credit , say one point, would be a good investment in time.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Update. All CS did not reply, not surprised. Anyway, last week emailed the hotel directly and after few days they credited 36 points and the rewards points expire date extended up to mid of May 2022. So far happy about their kind, prompt and efficient action.
hotel_user likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.