Community
Wiki Posts
Search

European resort properties for November?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2020, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K / ALL Diamond
European resort properties for November?

Hi all

I’ve historically taken most of my resort-esque vacations at Accor properties in APAC at properties such as Pullman Phuket Arcadia or Pullman Bunker Bay, both of which were amazing.

I am thinking about taking a vacation in mid-to-late November and am looking for similar types of properties to visit, but specifically in Europe, and somewhere that would likely be open and not too restricted during that time. At the moment I’m staying at a handful of Canadian Fairmont properties which have differing restrictions (such as minimal dining, pool/hot tub unavailable, etc.)

I’m ALL Diamond if that helps at all.

Thank you very much!
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
November is not a good period in Europe, weather-wise, but who knows...it’s rather unpredictable.
I was at beautiful Sofitel Porticcio in Corsica last weekend and it’s truly a beautiful place (review coming, shortly hopefully ), so it could be a place. I should add that I have been very well treated as Diamond member. You may also look to some Rixos properties in Croatia or Turkey.
starflyergold likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 5:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Its not a resort, but the Sopot Sofitel is an experience ( especially with breakfast ). I do not think the weather will be sun bathing, but will be brisk and on the cool side. Also not a lot of the Virus in Poland.
JTCz likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:36 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Don't worry, we've got COVID by the boatloads, but Sopot might be a bit too cold and windy + rainy in November. If anything, I'd go for the MGalleries in Kraków or Wrocław, or the Sofitel or Raffles in Warsaw. Or you may want to head for the mountains with Mercure Zakopane, depending on the exact dates you might get the first snow.

There is a new Mercure in Malta, which will allow you to earn 4x points if your stay will fall within the promo window (remember to register for "new openings"), and I've had a good time at the Novotel Monte Carlo last December just before New Year's (the weather was warm enough for some people to even swim in the pool). There are several other Accor's along the Cote d'Azur with more resort-like facilities.

Of course a weekly vacation in Europe will set you back manifold more than one in Thailand, and if you are flying in from Canada, you won't save much on airfares. Do email hotels re: their facilities, as restrictions vary even within one country - I've had a good relaxing time in Venice (again, look into the 4x points at MGallery Papadopoli, highly recommended even if Venice will probably flood in November as usual...), while in Trentino I am being told to wear plastic gloves at breakfast...
hotel_user likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.