Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL and Europcar partnership - instant status match

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL and Europcar partnership - instant status match

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2020, 9:29 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Can anyone who took advantage of this status match earlier than me shed any light on how the initial promised "free weekend hire" is made available? Should I wait for a physical welcome pack, or do I need to contact customer service for some kind of voucher or certificate?

We didn't get an apple with our first rental last week, BTW.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 10:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
From T&Cs:

" (3) This free weekend rental is only applicable when upgrading from a tier level to another. "
Old Aug 30, 2020, 11:42 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Interesting, JTCz -- I'm starting to think they have several different, overlapping sets of T&Cs!

I'm sure I read (but didn't save...) a line that surprised me, saying that reaching "Elite VIP" because of this partnership was enough to get a free weekend.

But the version I found today (here) limits that to Accor Diamond:

"As Diamond & above member you benefit additionally from a free weekend granted when enrol to Privilege Elite VIP" (no idea what "or above" means).

Last edited by IMH; Aug 31, 2020 at 7:14 am Reason: grammar
Old Aug 31, 2020, 3:41 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
There is a tier called "Black" or something that is "above" Diamond and "by invitation only", supposedly for really high spenders, but probably for some French politicians and cronies of the executive board.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
For those who have both an Accor Silver/Gold and Ibis Business/Accor Plus/Business Plus card, note that the latter category offers a higher discount (use rate code 54401130 for Ibis Business). If you enroll through Accor into Europcar Privilege, the lower discount Silver/Gold rate code is automatically added to your account. Changing to the paid memberships rate code saves an additional 5%.
Old May 23, 2021, 1:41 pm

Just wondering if anyone has done this status match (Accor Gold -> Europcar Elite) recently, and can confirm it is still an instant match?

I have a Europcar car rental coming up in 2 weeks, and looking to get Accor Gold via Ibis Business membership purchase. Just trying to get my head around the timings I need to watch out for.
Old May 23, 2021, 7:54 pm

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by boonkoh
Just wondering if anyone has done this status match (Accor Gold -> Europcar Elite) recently, and can confirm it is still an instant match?

I have a Europcar car rental coming up in 2 weeks, and looking to get Accor Gold via Ibis Business membership purchase. Just trying to get my head around the timings I need to watch out for.
I did last November and it was instant then when logging in via Accor Europcar microsite.
Old May 24, 2021, 3:58 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Originally Posted by boonkoh

Yes, instant, just did it 20 minutes ago.

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
For those who have both an Accor Silver/Gold and Ibis Business/Accor Plus/Business Plus card, note that the latter category offers a higher discount (use rate code 54401130 for Ibis Business). If you enroll through Accor into Europcar Privilege, the lower discount Silver/Gold rate code is automatically added to your account. Changing to the paid memberships rate code saves an additional 5%.
Thanks for this!
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG lifetime platinum
I made the mistake of booking an Europcar reservation using the link on the All Accor loyalty partners web page. While the price was nice, I am unable to manage this booking (change/cancel). And this is quite a fiasco because I need to change the pickup date. The link on the All Accor web page takes you right to Europcar and their booking engine, so I expected this to be the same as all my previous Europcar reservations that can be managed on line. But the booking shows up under the list of my reservations without the usual links to change or cancel. So I contacted Europcar customer serviceably e-mail to request the change. They responded that since the reservation "was made using a third-party booking service" they were unable to make the modification. They said I need to contact the booking service which they said showed in their records as "All Accor Platinum". So I contacted All Accor and they said of course they have no ability to make changes to a car reservation. They are only loyalty partners and it is up to Europcar. They suggested I try to contact a supervisor at Europcar. So I sent another e-mail to Europcar customer service requesting a supervisor but so far no response. Does anyone else have experience with this? I would say it is not worth the slight savings to be unable to manage a reservation on line. I regret using the All Accor loyalty page link. I welcome any suggestions on how to proceed. I am in the US and prefer not to make a phone call. The Europcar customer service phone line requires payment of about $1.00/minute using Skype since it is a toll call in France.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:59 pm

Have you just gone to the Europcar website and without logging in gone to manage your bookings and entered the reservation details?
Old Jun 22, 2021, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Have you just gone to the Europcar website and without logging in gone to manage your bookings and entered the reservation details?
Yes, the reservation loads but there are no options to make changes or cancel.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 11:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life; ALL Platinum
I got same experience as you on the Europcar Website; I write an email and they change the booking within 24 hours; Email I used is [email protected]

Hope it works for you;
entrada likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 6:04 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Instant Match last year but not happy with them. Terrible service at some airports (Malaga, Spain for example). They also try hard to make you buy additional insurance.

Avis all the way here. Way faster service, decent carbs, often cheaper, and no unpleasant surprises.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Synthesis

Avis all the way here. Way faster service, decent carbs, often cheaper, and no unpleasant surprises.
Ah, yes. The inexpensive French Fries for which Avis is renowned
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by pascalgr
I got same experience as you on the Europcar Website; I write an email and they change the booking within 24 hours; Email I used is [email protected]

Hope it works for you;
Worked like a charm. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.