Accor ALL co-branded Visa cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:38 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Accor ALL co-branded Visa cards

Today, Accor, a world-leading hospitality group, and Visa (V: NYSE), the global leader in digital payments, announced a global partnership to bring new payment experiences to ALL-Accor Live Limitless loyalty members.

The partnership will bring together Accor’s loyalty program and Visa’s global payment capabilities to create the new ALL Visa card. Members who apply for the new Visa card will be able to use it for everyday purchases everywhere Visa is accepted. Accor will be collaborating with Visa partner financial institutions and banks in key markets across Europe, North and South America, Middle East and Asia Pacific to issue the new ALL Visa card. It will offer members tailored rewards based on customer preferences and the ability to earn more loyalty points when staying at an Accor property or when making purchases.
https://press.accor.com/visanbsp/?lang=en
SPN Lifer, Goldorak and hotel_user like this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 12:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
This is a good idea ... hopefully will get some Accor Points when I pay for my Accor Hotel stay lol

No seriously, they are the probably the last hotel chain not to have some form of card. So its late, but welcome.

Looking forward to a sign up bonus of 1,000,000 points
Brendan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:41 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by hotel_user

Looking forward to a sign up bonus of 1,000,000 points
Your bonus awaits:

SPN Lifer, lhrpete, IMH and 12 others like this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Your bonus awaits:

I will have to collect then .... may take me some time
Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:32 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Maybe cardholders will all be given a stack of additional Suite Night certificates, which will be totally useless, just like the current ones. I can't imagine the card benefits would be any good, or even close to convincing people to switch from their existing airline branded cards, but I will await the details. This should be good for another laugh.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Since ALL is already a cashback system (i.e. 2000 points = 40 Euro off your hotel bill) a co-branded VISA card that earns points would basically be a cashback card. Assuming one Dollar or one Euro spent = one point earned, that's about 2%. Not bad but not great. Would have to come with other benefits to be worthwhile, like double points on ALL spend, automatic elite status, etc.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:11 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by eefor jfp
Since ALL is already a cashback system (i.e. 2000 points = 40 Euro off your hotel bill) a co-branded VISA card that earns points would basically be a cashback card. Assuming one Dollar or one Euro spent = one point earned, that's about 2%. Not bad but not great. Would have to come with other benefits to be worthwhile, like double points on ALL spend, automatic elite status, etc.

That would be a very good earnings rate, I would expect it to be lower, in which case, there are better cash back cards out there. The interchange fees are low for Visa, and 2% would not leave much if any "profit" for the card issuer and risk taker.

It all depends on the other features that Accor can offer, sign up bonus and "status". Maybe get a free breakfast in an Ibis Styles ( one per booking in France ) when you use your card to book the hotel. I don't want any Suite Night Certs thanks as I can not afford to use them .... in time and cost ! ( you might get the Black Status with a card ..... )

The other question is that it is assumed that the card is free ... ie no cost to the user. Lots of cards have a yearly fee. This is probably the way that Accor will go

Not being pessimistic, but they are a late entrant into this field, and lots of good loyalty cards have been discontinued. I hope that when they launch that they get it right for both themselves and us. There is no room in the market for another 600$ AMEX Plat.

/rant
lhrpete likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Spire Elite, GHA Black, O.W. Sapphire, S.A. Gold, Skyward Elite Plu
Wonder if ACCOR will issue one type or a few different tier cards with different annual fees and automatic Gold or Platinum included if approved (Signature, Infinite)
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Accor should name the point as : Accor Preferred Point for Limitless Experiences
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:43 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyerNuckie
Wonder if ACCOR will issue one type or a few different tier cards with different annual fees and automatic Gold or Platinum included if approved (Signature, Infinite)

I can see them doing Classic, Silver and Gold ( as they do this with Accor Plus and the Ibis Card ), but they stopped "giving away" Platinum status a few years ago, both in points and with AMEX. ( and the shareholding - there is a very pointed answer to a shareholder question on their website about this a few years back )

IMHO I do not think that this has improved the Platinum experience though, as this did not cut the numbers like they probably thought it would. This may be why Diamond and the other level have been introduced. Time will tell.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by hotel_user
I can see them doing Classic, Silver and Gold ( as they do this with Accor Plus and the Ibis Card ), but they stopped "giving away" Platinum status a few years ago, both in points and with AMEX. ( and the shareholding - there is a very pointed answer to a shareholder question on their website about this a few years back )

IMHO I do not think that this has improved the Platinum experience though, as this did not cut the numbers like they probably thought it would. This may be why Diamond and the other level have been introduced. Time will tell.
I have to disagree with that. Accor has stopped to give away Platinum status around 2013 IIRC (mostly through credit card codes available on the web + shareholder benefit) and at the same time they have enhanced the Plat benefits end 2013 (for implementation in 2014). I have in mind lounge access, early checkin + late checkout, etc. I think the number of Plats got down dramatically at that time and it was more than welcome in exchange of more recognition.
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:14 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

I came late to the Accor Platinum status - my experience is from 2016/7 onwards .....

I stand corrected.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have to disagree with that. Accor has stopped to give away Platinum status around 2013 IIRC (mostly through credit card codes available on the web + shareholder benefit) and at the same time they have enhanced the Plat benefits end 2013 (for implementation in 2014). I have in mind lounge access, early checkin + late checkout, etc. I think the number of Plats got down dramatically at that time and it was more than welcome in exchange of more recognition.
It definitely carried on longer than that in Canada. The Amex Platinum card in Canada included complimentary Accor Plat. The one and only time I ever stayed at an Accor property prior to the FRHI merger was at the Sofitel in Montreal while the Fairmont was closed for a year-long reno. That stay was summer of 2016, and I know I still had the Accor status via Amex at that time. That may have been the final year of it. Perhaps Accor kept the credit card benefits longer in North America due to a small Accor footprint there.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 7:35 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
It definitely carried on longer than that in Canada. The Amex Platinum card in Canada included complimentary Accor Plat. The one and only time I ever stayed at an Accor property prior to the FRHI merger was at the Sofitel in Montreal while the Fairmont was closed for a year-long reno. That stay was summer of 2016, and I know I still had the Accor status via Amex at that time. That may have been the final year of it. Perhaps Accor kept the credit card benefits longer in North America due to a small Accor footprint there.
We also got to stretch that out a couple of years with the old Amex Plat Canada Fairmont Platinum in 5 stays (those were the days!) which gave you Accor Plat when they purchased FRHI. Those years got you Cathay Pacific Gold = OW Emerald as well with the Amex, money I saved on seat selection paid for the card!

I know a fair amount of people that got Fairmont Platinum through Scotia private banking so there are all kinds of arrangements out there in the loyalty world, not just the people that sign up.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:18 am

Should we expect a point scheme like 1 euro spent with the card = 1 All point, plus a bonus depending on All member status ? and something like up to 2 points for Plat and 3 for Diamond

I am thinking of 1 point or less for any kind of spend and at least 1 point for Accor-related expenses
What do you think ?

Can't wait to hear about how they will distribute the cards, announcements are to be expected by this Summer, i guess the banks are currently being selected. Regular banks are usually reluctant to this kind of partnership in France, I guess they will target online and neobanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.