Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
As of 18 December 2020 Accor (finally) has a straightforward policy and a simple form to request a voucher. It may or may not work, however (it didn't work for IMH on 21.12.2020). The details in English are here: https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml

The important part is as follows. I've removed the link to the form, however, as it's an individually generated URL.

Originally Posted by Accor
Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to cancel?

Guest who planned to stay in one of our hotels prior to and inclusive of 28th February 2021 may modify their reservation for a later date without any modification fees subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) or request a credit voucher for the full amount of the original booking value for use at a future date, (all at once or over several occasions), at the same hotel within 18 months of the voucher issue date. If the booked hotel is closed at the date of your stay, or if the hotel is not allowed to accommodate the guest based on official orders, you can cancel your reservation free of charge and receive a full refund.

➔ To cancel and get a credit voucher please use the following link
(valid for our hotels in Europe, Middle East, Africa Asia Pacific and Brazil)

Claim a voucher [ -- link removed -- ]

➔ To modify or cancel the dates of your stay, please contact the hotel directly.

Print Wikipost

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2020, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by lunalac
Norway has banned tourists from entering the country, the hotel I booked was temporarily closed last week due to Corona and who knows...might be closed when I arrive, too....

I expressed my concern to Accor and they said they can move me to another hotel nearby if my current booking ends up closing again. They said the closure is not due to Corona but due to low occupancy...what?? How does this make any sense?!
The Fairmont Barcelona told me the same thing before I disputed with AMEX . They would put me up in another hotel in Barcelona for the same dates. Sure. Find me one that: (1) I can travel to; and (2) is open for business for tourists, and I will take you up on that offer!
Old May 13, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Wikki updated May 13th Edition

Updated wikki and have left May 5th edition for comparison..

Cant see much movement..other than a link for a credit voucher request..that has no date..
hotel_user likes this.
Old May 13, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: Virgin Gold
Status 6 month extension

I am Platinum Accor plus. Still waiting for this 6 month status extension. I know it is 'before May31' but have the feeling it will need a chase up to get it. Anyone else still waiting?
(& I never got Covid emails, or extension emails, or ANY emails from Accor, despite having raised this with them 3 years ago, and last year. Rely on this site & LoyaltyLobby for info. Anyone else
experience this?)
Old May 13, 2020, 4:18 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by Revolio
I am Platinum Accor plus. Still waiting for this 6 month status extension. I know it is 'before May31' but have the feeling it will need a chase up to get it. Anyone else still waiting?
(& I never got Covid emails, or extension emails, or ANY emails from Accor, despite having raised this with them 3 years ago, and last year. Rely on this site & LoyaltyLobby for info. Anyone else
experience this?)

Yep, me too.

Also waiting for my card ( 2 years now ) was told it was sent, then told it was at various hotels. Now its just digital.

It was a problem as one hotel would not accept my word I was Platinum, before check in ( so could not show card on phone as no wifi ). It was not a problem elsewhere though.. resolved by giving me the wifi code before they gave me the non upgraded room no names as did get lounge access
Old May 14, 2020, 6:14 am

Programs: Radisson Rewards Gold, , Accor All Gold
Does anyone know why there is such a different policy in Spain?
Again, Accor only extended the cancellation period by a around week until 23rd. May.

I have couple of bookings for June and I would like to cancel them asap.
Old May 14, 2020, 8:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BorussiaPool
Does anyone know why there is such a different policy in Spain?
Again, Accor only extended the cancellation period by a around week until 23rd. May.

I have couple of bookings for June and I would like to cancel them asap.

Think most of the hotels in Spain are small franchise, and may need to keep as much cash as possible. All hotels here still closed and totally reliant on the non existent external tourist trade as there is no "internal" tourist trade at the moment either.( Think you can not drive more than 100 kms from your base ).

External tourist trade scared as 14 day quarantine now being talked about. That will kill off what's left of the trade this year.

Feel free to correct me if your information is different.

I had to make chargebacks via credit card. Lost out on rate, but got cash back.

I did this in March for stays in May / June btw.
Old May 14, 2020, 9:06 am

So I had been emailing Accor back and forth, trying to get more information on what the refund, voucher and rebooking options are because 2-3 weeks ago, the hotel was closed due to the pandemic, plus their borders are closed. Today I suddenly get an email saying that we were granted vouchers. I quickly emailed them back asking for an explanation because I NEVER canceled and I NEVER asked for vouchers. There must have been some form of miscommunication because they said:

"As the customer service probably explained you, I will cancel your reservation for the 23/06/2020"

Nope, I just read my email thread and no where was I ever explained this was the plan.

Funny thing is, this is also happening to my Nordic Choice reservations. I was back and forth with them asking about options and they suddenly email out if the blue saying I was granted vouchers when I NEVER mentioned I wanted this in any of my emails to them.

Maybe I am thinking too deeply into this but the fact that both of these hotels suddenly email me, on the same day, saying they are granting me vouchers is very suspect. This reminds me of British Airways and what they were doing. They were canceling flights and only offering vouchers and rebookings.. and then hiding the full refund option in their email and website, as you could only get it if you call. I have a sneaking suspicion that ACCOR is seeing how serious this pandemic is and they are trying to trick people into accepting a voucher so when the full refund option is available, people with vouchers are out of luck.
hotel_user likes this.
Old May 15, 2020, 1:46 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Accor are partnering with Axa, the insurance company, to provide health service access for guests. https://press.accor.com/all-safe-eng/?lang=en It is not clear whether this means free of charged, the latter of course more likely.
hotel_user likes this.
Old May 15, 2020, 4:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Accor are partnering with Axa, the insurance company, to provide health service access for guests. https://press.accor.com/all-safe-eng/?lang=en It is not clear whether this means free of charged, the latter of course more likely.

Is that the same Axa that provides cover to AMEX cards ?

If I read the PR bit correctly, it looks like you will get access to a medical professional ( call worker ) via a video link . Not sure how that would work. I could have got the wrong end of the announcement. In general if added as a "free" service I am all in favour. If it is just "theater" then its a bad idea.
Old May 16, 2020, 5:56 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Did everyone now have their status extended to end of 2021, not just those in greater China?

Mine got extended even though my address is not Hong Kong.
IMH and starflyergold like this.
Old May 16, 2020, 6:09 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Looks that way. They must have FINALLY realised that 2020 is a wash out.

IMH, est-gratuite and Goldorak like this.
Old May 16, 2020, 6:21 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
They didn’t deduct the free nights or status points.
Old May 16, 2020, 7:28 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Yes. Same for me with a German address.

I've requested a physical card before they change their mind. Whether I actually make any further Accor bookings, beyond those required to use up my points, is another question altogether and will very much depend on what happens next.

starflyergold likes this.
Old May 16, 2020, 7:31 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by IMH

I've requested a physical card before they change their mind.
Good idea. One cannot rule out a technical glitch of course. This being Accor....
IMH and hotel_user like this.
Old May 16, 2020, 7:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Mine ( Accor Plus ) has not been extended .... there is always hope though ..... Valid until 08/31/2020

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.