Wiki Posts
Search

10% of 1st booking for new members?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP, BR
10% of 1st booking for new members?

Has someone tried this before? I signed up for the membership and went as par as the page before payment but I don't see any differences in the rates when I tried to book a hotel compared to logging in as a non-member. Is there a discount code that I need to apply? I've checked my emails but there's no indication and no T&C on Accor's website regarding this. Thanks

Sorry the title should've said "10% OFF"

Last edited by Chromie25; Dec 11, 2019 at 9:10 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 12, 2019, 4:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Welcome to Accor.

The 10% or 5% or 0% is normally shown on the booking page as a "members rate".

If you use the edit box in the top right hand corner, you can pull up the rate calendar for the week around your chosen dates. There is a blue line ( used to be yellow ) under the rate that has already been "discounted" for ALL members. The shading of light and dark green indicates the lowest rate available as well.

Don't forget that some hotels ( Ibis Budget etc ) do not have a members rate, and some hotels never offer it. Sometimes it is also shown on the main benefits panel on the right of the hotel information screen ...
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
I have just looked at some random hotels in HK ( assume that's your location ) and yep, you are right, they do not seem to show any discount ( despite stating that they did ). I am not sure on this ...

To confirm, I looked at hotels in France and they do show the members discount.

Maybee a quick e mail to the hotel in question for confirmation ?​​​​​​​

Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: MP, BR
Originally Posted by hotel_user
I have just looked at some random hotels in HK ( assume that's your location ) and yep, you are right, they do not seem to show any discount ( despite stating that they did ). I am not sure on this ...

To confirm, I looked at hotels in France and they do show the members discount.

Maybe a quick e mail to the hotel in question for confirmation ?​​​​​​​
Thanks for all the help. I was thinking the offer was not available at every hotel as well but I don't see any terms and conditions about that.

FYI the booking was for Swissotel Merchant Court in Singapore. I ended up booking through an OTA at almost the same price (within 5 Singapore dollars) - the one that gives a free night for every 10 nights (which is similar to 10% off).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.